resumed relations - it wasnt pretty | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

resumed relations - it wasnt pretty resumed relations - it wasnt pretty

Unread 02-12-2005, 08:05 PM
resumed relations - it wasnt pretty

I resumed my long neglected relationship with the vacuum cleaner. Wish I could say it was a joyous reunion lol...however the floors are happier...I can almost see the carpet giving me a nudge nudge wink wink, we are on speaking terms again lol.

Yesterday I did the marathon cleaning effort, for the first time since my surgery. I'm 12 weeks on monday.

I did everything all the laundry, dusted, vacuumed, mopped (6 times no less as my dd spilt 2 litres of cordial all over the kitchen floor), kids rooms, bathrooms, sorted papers, cleaned out the laundry, washed down exterior kitchen cupboards. If it was grotty grimy or streaky I was on the war path. It felt good to do it myself!! It took me most of the day, but it feels good to look around and its clean and sparkly again.

You know when things get grotty, everything looks that way, and then I think whats the point of tidying. I have done another mini whip around today, feeling so darn proud of my clean house!! Oh the joys of post hyster life

I do have a little discomfort and swelly belly today, but I can live with that if my house is clean...

My reward, this afternoon I will lay on my sun lounge in the glorious sunshine with a book and wine....bliss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2005, 03:13 AM

It sounds like you really did a lot in one day.

I'd like to caution you to take things a bit more slowly!! I know once you get into a swing you want to get a lot done, but you still have to think about taking care of yourself and *easing* back into your routines!

rest up and take care.
Unread 02-13-2005, 07:45 AM

Hey Angie.... wanna come over to my house? LOL. WOW you inspired me! My house is trashed by my standards. I must live with pigs because the rest of the family does not seem to care. ACK. I did freak out last weekend and scrubbed the kitchen floor. I swept up so much dog hair I could have made a whole new dog. YUCK.

I am 9 weeks out and I just can't stand the mess. I really wish my DH was home today, as he would get to help me. So, guess it is just me. I hope to accomplish as much as you did.

I am not sure I am ready to become one with my vacuume again. It is just really scary. Mine is really heavy and I hate it. Might ask DD to help in that department today.

I have some homework I need to get done, but the yuck in the house is making me wanna get moving. Laundry is already done... did that yesterday... so it is just the rest of the house.

I am gonna get moving. Thanks for motivating me!

Andi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2005, 07:49 AM

I know I should probably be encouraging you to take it a bit easier, but I'm so glad to hear you were able to do all that! I'm two weeks out, and I can't _wait_ to be able to get back to my normal cleaning routines! My partner is doing everything - and doing a great job at it - but I want to be able to to things _my_ way and in my own time.

You've earned your reward - and a wonderful one it sounds, too! (I'm especially envious as we have 6 inches of snow on the ground here. )

Melissa
Unread 02-13-2005, 08:33 AM

Wanna come over to my house?

Mine hasn't been thoroughly cleaned in over a month. I am still waiting for the doctor's okay! I do get to do some light stuff.

Did a No-NO though!!!! Did try to clean a regular tub, a Roman tub and on oversized shower plus 2 toilets one day at 4.5 weeks post-op. That evening I thought that I had died and went to Hysterectomy Bootcamp. I was in PAIN :eyes: for two days!!!! I was feeling good before that and thought 'why don't I give it a go and clean something?' Big Mistake.

I envy you. But do take it easy! Take care of yourself and rejoice in your now freedom-hysterectomy wise and cleaning wise!!!!

ewok
Unread 02-13-2005, 08:37 AM
know what you mean

Angie, I know what you mean-I loved it when I could actually scrub things. DH did everything I asked, but he isn't a stickler for the corners, edges, tops of the range hood-etc.

So now, can I come and join you for some sunshine, a lounge chair and a glass of wine?

It is cold and raining here-and my house is NOT clean.

Unread 02-13-2005, 08:47 AM
cleaning no no

Well i did i big no no also .I'm 3 wks and 3 days post op and feeling good. I sell home interiors and i got a bunch of stuff for my son's room .A friend and i hung it all up last night.His room looks so good.But then i wanted to hang something for my daughter and it ended up on the floor broke so had to get the for my daughter could vacuum for me but she had trouble so ended up doing it to get the glass up. i know i should not of done it but i couldn't leave the glass. Well now my back hurts and my belly is swelled a little . so i learned my lesson but i felt so good and when you feel good sometimes you forget about the restrictions.

Unread 02-13-2005, 01:20 PM

My DH has been great - not bragging, just very grateful for him. At 3 weeks, I decided to vacume and clean the bathroom - wrong, it took me 4 days to be able to move. Our house is clean where he does his usual stuff (he is a far better housekeeper than I am) but he leaves today for 3 weeks and I am having a panic over what to do! Well, it is almost 8 weeks and time for me to do a little housework each day, a little resting each day - all in balance.

I am in a pure snow winter zone. I will have to get one of the local lads to come in a shovel - I shoveled snow once and that was NOT good, only did it 2 minutes, but bad idea. What I mean to say is - good for you, happy you have the energy, got so much done and the clean home will help with feeling cheerful - and your being able to laze in the sun! I am envious! Enjoy your lounging!!!

Madelle
Unread 02-13-2005, 04:59 PM

I'm not that far........come to California, bring your energy and I'll get ya the best California wine we have! I'll even dust off my for ya!

Maralyn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register