Walmart...10 days post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Walmart...10 days post op Walmart...10 days post op

Unread 02-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Walmart...10 days post op

I don't know why I thought I could do it. I am 10 days post op. Yesterday I talked my mom into taking me to Walmart to get a book. Daytime television is driving me crazy.
She dropped me off at the door and went to park the car. I found a book...then I saw it...a sign with the letters S A L E. I couldn't resist! I slowly shuffled over and found lounge pants with the elastic waist. Just what I needed and only $5! 20 minutes later it hit me like a truck. I got sharps pains in my abdomin my legs started to hurt and I could barely walk. I realized I pushed myself too hard.
I had a horrible night and feel worse today than I did before my Walmart trip. When will I be able to resume some "normal" activities?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2005, 06:12 PM

Don't try to push yourself. Each person is different and recovers at their own pace. Some activity is a good thing, but slowly building up to pre surgery activity.

At 10 days I was still in pj's and sleeping a good portion of the day.

S and please be good to yourself. You only have one chance to heal properly!
Unread 02-13-2005, 07:49 PM

Hi! I am 6 days post-op and took my first trip out to the grocery store today. My husband insisted that I use the little scooter with the basket. I couldn't imagine myself doing it, but after the first few minutes, it really wasn't so bad, and you'd be amazed at the help you get from store employess!

Help yourself in every little way you can. It is good to get out.
A girl can only watch so much Lifetime for Women!

Take good care!
Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2005, 11:52 PM

OMG.....WalMart is the infamously notorious challenge for Princesses! I was able to return to work at the 7 week mark.......... weeks before I was able to master WalMart. Take care..............., Deb
Unread 02-13-2005, 11:58 PM

I have to confess that it was Target that did me in today. I'm 11 days post op and thought that a little trip to Target would be exhilarating...HA! I slept for 3 hours when I got home...but, I got the thank you cards I needed and a pretty smelling bath wash for a princess...so, wasn't a total loss.

Take care and shop on the internet...that's my new plan for the next couple of weeks
Unread 02-14-2005, 12:06 AM
Scooters at the store

Hi
Well, I rode one of those scooters at the store today. It was great.

And, I watch a lot of Lifetime for Women! I have both channels.
The regular channel and the Lifetime Movie Channel.

I will confess I bought myself a pretty thick book to read when I have discovered I have seen all the movies that day on Lifetime.

Ladies, definitely take care of yourselves. RIDE THE SCOOTERS.
THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR!

Gail 20
Sandy
Unread 02-14-2005, 12:17 AM

Walgreens done me in at 5 days post op, had to have meds for an infection from the surgery, Winn Dixie almost killed me tonight at 9 days, no way am i shooting for walmart just yet. Hubby told me to use a scooter, I told him he was nuts, now how am I supposed to let him know he may of been right without his head swelling LOL

Teresa
Unread 02-14-2005, 12:25 AM

I think the scooter should be our new thing. Think of all the pretty princesses rolling through the Walmarts and Targets of the world...that would be so great!

Unread 02-14-2005, 05:38 AM
Walmart

Hope I dont end up in court for saying this, but Walmart is the worst place to be after surgery! I had a TAH, and handled everything easily. I went back to work 2 weeks after (easy), I went to the mall for my husbands birthday present at 2 weeks, 2 days (easy and fun), I have been doing laundry and dishes since 3 weeks (easy, not fun), but I unfortunately went to Walmart at the 1 week mark, and I got tired, sore and panicky half way to the school supply aisle. I didn't know how I was going to get out of there (I was with my mom and wasn't going to ask a 65 year old woman to hold me up and get me out!). ANyway, I am doing everything now...grocery store, taking kids to baseball and ballet, Target (love it), and all the cooking and cleaning on top of work, but I still refuse to walk into a Walmart! What will I do about those roll back prices?
Unread 02-14-2005, 09:00 AM

Target is the one that did me in the other day too. I needed to pick up some stuff for my youngest sons birthday and I was hurting after that trip. Those places are torture for us princesses that have cabin fever! LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register