Walmart...10 days post op - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Walmart...10 days post op Walmart...10 days post op

Unread 02-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Walmart...10 days post op

It's time for yet another......Princess confession! (Ominous echo......)

Yes, ladies, I also made the mistake of going on a "quick" trip to the Bullseye Boutique (that would be Target) somewhere at the 3-1/2 week mark. Just a quick trip. Of course, before I did that, I stopped at two other stores. Ack.

By the time I got to Target, I was moving awfully s-l-o-w. And you know how I know I must have been looking pretty bad? When I got to the checkout line, no fewer than three employees asked if they could help me to the car. They didn't offer to carry my stuff -- I think they wanted to carry me.

Needless to say, I spent some time when I got home.

I'm not slapping anyone's wrist here because obviously I've been there, too. We get so stir-crazy!! The only thing I advise is, when you make those early shopping trips (if you must) please take someone with you, and use those motorized carts! They are a godsend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2005, 07:34 AM

5 months! I'm going on a cruise at 6 weeks post-op! Will I feel awful the whole time? Dr said I could go snorkeling, but no lifting. Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!
Unread 02-15-2005, 07:58 AM

I'm sitting here trying not to laugh at all of the stories, because it still hurts a bit! I'm 1 week today (yea!) and feeling awesome. My mom-in-law said she was going to run to Target today, and I thought, hmmm, sounds like fun...until I read your posts. I'm going to get my self back to bed in a bit and keep reminding myself I had SURGERY a week ago.
Happy healing to all the sisters...I adore this website!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2005, 08:13 AM

I'm reading all these and now you've scared me!! At one week my son had a doctors appt, and he only has a learners permit, so I had to go. Of course the doc was 45 min late & we were gone 1 1/2 hours!! I was very panicy even though I had been doing great, I did do great. Most days I don't feel like I had anything done!! Haven't had to take 1 pain pill!!!

10 days out, my son drove me to CVS, bank & book store, all quick trips. Felt great. 12 days, went to Home Depot with Family. Felt great!!

The only time I feel crampy is when I sit for long periods, like at the computer or on the sofa watching TV. I hate to lie down, cause I feel fine!!

But after reading all these posts, I wonder if I am doing to much? Go see the doc on 2/23, and I'm actually hoping she tells me a few more weeks!!! I DON"T WANT TO GO BACK TO WORK!!!!!! LOL.
Unread 02-15-2005, 08:16 AM
WALMART's

HI Everybody!!! I work at walmart's, a supercenter. Yes it's a big store with miles of shopping on a good day....... I had my hyster on 1/28/05, I had lap/vaginal. Lost overies, tubes, uterus, and cervix. On Wed of last week, went with a friend to Salvation Army, got a coat, Kitty Wells album. We had chinese lunch. I had lite pink spotting after I came home. On thursday went for 2 week post op visit. ok, just steri stips gave me the itches.....she said I could vaccuum, lift 20 pds.....o boy.....than I went to walmart with daughter, bad thing to do, it was like....you are walking, doesn't matter how slow or holding belly....when are you comming back....omg......got groceries, came home, had lite pink discharge a bit again. Friday morn went to school morning program, rested the rest of the day.....Sat went to ponderosa with daughter and 2 grandaughters, felt full to the brim. I honestly think my stomach has shrunk..... really have been laying around, comming here, watching my nascar. Was reading about prolapses of bladder and it has scared me..... just want to dry up and fly away. Just take your time when you go shop, to store of choice. I'm glad I am home for another 4 weeks, wish it could be more, but I guess will be feeling better but not totally healed. I work overnites, so there are not that many people there at walmart, like the days, to me black friday was the worst day there, but they did things better this last year, it didn't seem as bad. Enjoy shopping.....'s to everyone here, hoping we will all feel better soon. My favorite smiley is this one That is what I'll be doing one day when I'm healed and feel better. FoxyJo
Unread 02-15-2005, 09:17 AM

I just had to sit here and laugh at all the posts. I thought I was the only one who had pulled the walmart trip soon after surgery and felt like dying after.

I hid the fact that I went out so soon, didn't wanna hear the whole what were you thinking from my mother, and was totally scared I had ruined my life for sure. Now working on my 3rd week post op I have gone out a few more times, couple times to the mall (hubby bought me a little puppy for company) and once to my mom's. She was totally shocked the 45 minute drive did not bother me or the sitting there for 4 hours but I swore I felt fine and I did.

Can't wait to see how I feel at 6 weeks. I miss my jeans horribly and wonder when I will be able to wear them again..

Hugs

Jaz TAH/BSO on 1/28

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register