3 wks and feeling good!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 wks and feeling good!!! 3 wks and feeling good!!!

Unread 02-14-2005, 02:27 PM
3 weeks 1-25

Hey guys I'm 1 day behind you TAH on 1-25, kept ovaries. Doing pretty good with exception of intestinal infection from hospital antibiotics. I have some discomfort pain and pulling on right side if I'm up a lot. I go out for short outings almost daily. I posted earlier re:exercise. My Dr. told me to cut down walking due to red spotting afterwards. I will decrease my time out. I go back to work on 1-21. I am a little scared of being tired but I sit down all day so hopefully will be ok. My drainage finally stopped and I haven't seen any stitches either. I am a little nervous about this pain they talk about that comes about 3-4 weeks when the numbness wears off. Take care and keep up the recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2005, 03:14 PM
So happy to hear! Not even close

I read about all the 3 weekers that are doing wonderful and driving and shopping and I am still in bed. I get up for a few minutes 15 at a time, my back starts aching my front starts aching and my mood starts to crash and I head off back to my bedroom to lay down with my bean pillow. I just dont understand why I am not like them. I dont have to return to work, I am a stay at home mom. It is hard for me to watch DH doing all my jobs, he doesnt do them right, and the kids are loving there dad time, as is he, and I am jealous! As I try to get up and participate in thier lives, I just dont make it. If there are any other 3 weekers out there that are not any where close to these ladies, let me know. I am so happy to hear that you all are doing so well, I think that is wonderful, I wish I could write the same. I am told by the doctors that this is normal, I need to let my body tell me when I am ready, I am waiting, surfing hystersisters and praying!
Any bit of cheer would help!
Congrats to you all!
Unread 02-14-2005, 03:21 PM
3 wks and feeling good!!!

Hello girls! I had it all hauled out on 1/21, a little over 3 weeks back. My incision healed nicely, no leaking or bleeding and no odors. A bit itchy while the healing goes on, but mostly above the incision, more on the lower ab area. I don't think I've passed any stitches, wouldn't really know what they look like if I did, but from I've read, they're fairly obvious to see.
I go back to work somewhere along March 20, decided to go for 8 weeks instead of the usual 6 because of heavy lifting. I work in a seniors' home. No HRT and no mood swings, just hot flashes. I'm wondering if I could just not bother with HRT at all, what would be different? I sleep well, feel great, after the healing is done I know my energy level will be thru the roof because it is almost there now and I can't do much to burn it off. I went walking today, if you can call it a real walk. It was more of a stroll and it felt wonderful to be outside in the fresh air!
Keep the faith girls...we'll be better soon and this will all be a memory. Walking also gets some leftover gas out. Much more fun if you bring a friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2005, 03:35 PM
Me, too!

Hi "Sisters!"

I'm also 3 weeks today. I'm feeling much better now than I did even at the beginning of this week. I was still learning what was too much to do!

I had old blood (brown) spotting with suture bits through the middle of this past week. It has stopped now.

Jill3399, don't feel bad about being a little slower to feel better. I have spent a lot more time in bed than some of the ladies here. We are all different. Be patient with yourself. Things will wait for you, and soon you will be up and around again. I too, have trouble with things not being done correctly (according to me). However, I know that it will all be mine again one day. It will feel good to get the house back in order. It is important for you to take care of yourself right now. Your "sisters" are here for you whenever you need us!

Lots of S! Thank you everyone!

Cinderellen
Unread 02-14-2005, 05:56 PM

I have not noticed any stitches either. I'm about 2 1/2 weeks out. So far, I am doing well, I think! Have had some lower back pain, but it's not too bad. Wearing panty-liners due to discharge - hardly any blood, more of a light yellow discharge. Stopped taking pain meds the first week. I have had bad nightmares, and night sweats.

I'm to return to work Mar. 8, but may ask for another 2 weeks off when I go to next appt. My job requires standing up all day, and lifting up to 70 lbs., and lots of bending and lifting. I'm feeling ok now, but I do get tired just going through the grocery store. (Haven't gone to Wal-Mart yet - I hear that is a milestone!)

Hope those of you having problems get better real soon!
Unread 02-14-2005, 10:16 PM

Jan 25 here I'm doing well it would seem Idid have the discharge with the faint odor
and I spotted through the second week .Iam no longer spotting and the discharge only shows up in the moring at first bathroom brek but no stiches here either.
Since I had heard this I prepare my self evey time I have to go but nothing yet maybe some of us just won't see them

lavh 1-25-2005 K..........

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register