First-timer w/a question about squatting - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First-timer w/a question about squatting First-timer w/a question about squatting

Unread 02-14-2005, 08:18 PM
First-timer w/a question about squatting

Whew.......thanks for the info and clearing that one up for all of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2005, 08:20 PM

Sharon, I laughed until I cried...sweet heaven! You are such a riot!!!

I shall NEVER in my life squat again without thinking of you. Or thinking of those poor cows...

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

A.
Unread 02-14-2005, 08:29 PM

Sharon, that is toooo funny....

Ya know, when i posted the last one, I did a search on inside out vaginas. I am advising everyone NOT to go to any of those pages...TMI!!!

Hugs to all
Kat (happy her sock is still rightside in)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2005, 08:48 PM
fear factor

Please, everyone, be careful about what you hear.

We don't need to be very afraid all of the time!!! The current political administration likes to keep the sheep in order with fear-mongering. It seems to invade every aspect of our lives - including women's health. Use your common sense, find a doctor that you think knows what she/he is doing. Don't fall for the "sky is falling!!!" factor. Do your homework.
Unread 02-14-2005, 10:21 PM

Like it was mentioned earlier, women who have/are suffering with prolapse, be it bladder, rectal, vaginal, etc are advised to limit their squatting. Squatting puts excess pressure on the pelvic floor and could possibly contribute to future prolapse.
I was informed of this by my GYN and thought he was a bit on the nutty side. A year later, as I was going through physical therapy for the pelvic floor, the therapist (a female who has birthed 3 children) also advised me to limit squatting and continued to elaborate on how pressure is placed on the pelvic floor. Another thing women who suffer from prolapse need to avoid is jogging as the pounding on the pavement causes excess strain on the pelvic floor.
Like someone else mentioned people need to take advice with a grain of salt and go with what they believe.
Unread 02-14-2005, 10:28 PM

I apologize if I offended anyone by my earlier post about the difference between he and she doctors.

doctors are doctors and they are all trained professionals.

yes, I do have a bias, but will keep it to myself!

thanks for the reminder.

Sharon
Unread 02-14-2005, 11:00 PM

I Really want to know the answer to this. I had my final exam at 4 weeks and complained about my huge, hanging stomach. My MD told me I was free to begin sit ups and squats!!!! Oh my God, he must hate me. Either that or he wants me as a return customer but I find that hard to believe. Please let us know what the doctor says. My MD must be nuts to recommend this at 4 weeks.

Songtch
SAH/12-23-04/kept cervix/removed football sized fibroid/age 45
Unread 02-15-2005, 01:44 AM

Hey,

Are you princesses talking about squatting while urinating (as in public potties) or squatting to pick up things from the floor? I'm totally confused. I was taught to squat so I wouldn't touch the seat in a public bathroom. If this is the squatting that you are talking about, I guess I'm stopping. Will look for more posts on this subject.
Unread 02-15-2005, 07:19 AM

Thanks for clearing that up for us, Sharon! What a relief!

Here's something real to be afraid of now: Doctors (who are treating women) being so misinformed in the first place!!!!

Things that make you go hmmmmm, indeed.

Lions and tigers and GYNs who think vaginas can turn inside out, OH MY! It is indeed a hormone jungle out there!
Unread 02-15-2005, 07:20 AM

By the way, the cat just threw up and I am unable to squat or bend to clean it yet.

UGH!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register