Approaching 3-weeks and struggling - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Approaching 3-weeks and struggling Approaching 3-weeks and struggling

Unread 02-15-2005, 05:35 AM
Approaching 3-weeks and struggling

I am recovering well but I find that anything I do I have to rest afterwards. If I don't then I will be on the couch the whole next day.My sister in law called yesterday( I had a bad case of the stomach flu) and asked how i was feeling and why am i having such a difficult recovery? I told her until you have this surgery please don't make assumptions about how my body feels.

Please just get better at your own pace. Think about it this way if you heal slowly it will stay with you. You probably won't have as many set backs as someone who's up and around doing too much at 2 weeks(like me)!

Get better and talk to your friends , You need it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2005, 06:19 AM
Approaching 3-weeks and struggling

Big Hug Seleister,
Just wanted to say it does get better. I remember at 3 weeks wondering if I'd ever ever ever feel human again. I was in pain no matter what I did, couldn't sit down, couldn't stand up, was nauseous if I ate, if I didn't eat; etc.

But now at 12 wks post op that seems a dim and distant nightmare. I still have tired days or odd pains, but nothing like the desperate weariness and pain of the first few weeks
Love
H
Unread 02-15-2005, 06:39 AM
Forgive them

Hey girl. I had TAH on 1-25. I am more sore this week. Hurting more when sleeping. I found the tylenol works better for pain than the advil for me. I am also taking a melatonin supplement before bed for sleep. You can get them at GNC. It helps. Try to alteranate getting up and moving and resting. I walk and get sore and tired and then rest, but I find each day is easier. I too am shocked by recovery and I am a RN. I am also a counselor and one thing I have learned through the years is that people don't and can't understand until they have gone through something. I found that out with the death of my parents. I also thought I would be doing more by now. You should see all the household projects I had planned for while I was off work. Ha Ha. Don't isolate from friends. Forgive them for being ignorant, take advantage of the extra time for friends and talk about whatever you can to bond. Someday they might know and you can be there for me. I'm telling my friends I'm going crazy being housebound and they are taking me to lunch. It's hard to get myself ready and out but I am glad when I do get out. Then I come home and lay on the couch until I have to make dinner. I am jealous because people brought me meals for 2 weeks but my friend who adopted a 14 month old from China is getting meals for 1 month. Go figure. But I try to practice Oprah's gratefulness and am thankful I got 2 weeks of meals. I am also grateful I didn't have cancer or have major complications from surgery. So I am now going to take my aching abdomen to the couch to read the paper. I now have less than a week until I have to work ouch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2005, 06:39 AM
grocery store

Hello there,
I had TAH/BSO 1-28-05, Dh and I went to the grocery store sunday, he did all of the lifting and pushing the cart. All I did was walk thru the store at a snails pace When we got home I had to take a pain pill and was on the couch the rest of the day. Since surgery I have only been out of the house three times. But we live in the country and to get anywhere itt takes 15 min to 1/2 hour.

I understand your frustration and sending you a big
Roianne
Unread 02-15-2005, 08:25 AM
Thanks all

It is comforting to know that I am not the only one struggling at this point. The sun is shining today and I will be going for a walk outside and around the yard. A friend told me that her snowdrops were beginning to bloom. It is nice to know that by Spring, I will be up and fuctioning.

My wishes for a speedy recovery to you all!!!!
Unread 02-15-2005, 01:20 PM
hi seilister!

I'm five days behind you. I'm doing well, but much better since I got serious about 64 oz of water(I think I was dehydrated) and started to walk outside. I feel the slightest bit of "zip" with more water and sun on my head.(I live outside NYC and it's 60 degrees today!) I spent the first two weeks really resting, but then started to feel blah in the head. I think it was too passive. But taking charge of the water and walking really helped. Of course, after my walk, I rest. In between water bottles, I rest. Then I take a nap. I only put makeup on once so far, and then I had to rest. My friends want to go out to lunch, but I honestly don't have the starch yet. Went out to dinner on Sunday and it was nice, but I was glad to go home and went to bed at 8.So we are all different, but sort of the same.Rest and repair hyster sister! Remember, no one can start without you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register