5 months post op & spotting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 months post op & spotting 5 months post op & spotting

Unread 02-14-2005, 09:17 PM
5 months post op & spotting

I have such a long story - had my TAH in Sept '04 - - - hematoma in Oct '04 that required surgery, several trips to the dr for granulation tissue in Nov/Dec 04, surgery in Jan 05 for stubborn granulation tissue and they found a piece of SurgiWrap at the vaginal cuff that was placed during TAH for adhesions.

Prior to the TAH in 9/04 I had had 4 more surgeries in 04.

I am still in pain. Right sided mainly - Probably adhesions also could be the barrier (Surgiwrap) that has not dissolved.

For the last 4-5 days I have nausea every time i eat something...I am so fatigued...and I have sharp shooting pains in the vaginal area...as well as sticking, tuggin and pulling on the right side.
My yellowish vaginal discharge has returned to spotting & getting a little bit more noticeable each trip to the restroom.

Has any body been through this or heard of this?
The dr reassured me that all of the gran tissue was gone and would not come back...that the spotting should stop...it did for awhile ...well it actually only turned into a yellowish discharge....and now back to spotting as mentioned. I do not have my tubes, ovaries, cervix...nothing left in there...but stubborn adhesions. I am on Premarin and have been since the surgery...in sept...I have not had any ill effects from that before...???

Why am I so nauseas (Spelling! sorry)...and why am I spotting!???!!!

My only doctor that I have any faith in - is out this week...I have an appt with him next tuesday....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2005, 06:07 AM

Michelle...I think you need to take this list of questions with you to your doctor so you don't forget to ask about any of these concerns. Address each one and see if the doctor can shed any light for you.
Please let us know what you find out.
Take care!
's
Unread 02-22-2005, 10:16 PM

Thank you Nancy for your reply. It came at a good time. I was beginning to think that this was uncharted territory for even post- hyster sisters!
My body seems to again have my doctor stumped.
He does not know why I am nauseas (sp?) or keep getting nauseas...or why I have been spotting. He checked the spot that he had removed the gran tissue from and said it was red again, like perhaps MORE granulation tissue was going to start forming. He cauterized the spot AGAIN! & ordered blood work - said if this comes back abnormal I will go in for another CT scan and perhaps removal of the SurgiWrap...if the blood work is normal I see him in a week and a half.

We will see from there.
Meanwhile just trying to get through the day to day tasks + the ill feeling and pain.

Thank you again for your reply. I can keep you posted if you like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2005, 03:44 AM
5 months post op

Michelle,sorry to hear you 'r not feeling so good.I had my surgery on Oct 4 2004 VH & bladder & rectol repairs and I am only now beginning to feel anything like normal.I am always tired
and I have had this uncomfortable feeling at the back left hand side which is where I had a large internal stitch.I think we all expect to feel well to soon,I am now coming up to my 60 birthday and my family want to give me a party but I still dont feel fit enough but hopefully I will.Please keep seeing your doc to make sure you are healing alright.keep in touch lots luv Linda UK.
Unread 02-23-2005, 01:51 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems. I too have started spotting a little 2 months post-op. Went to the doctor who said it was just an inflammation and put some nitrate( I guess that's what is called). The spotting went away and now has returned. I am about to freak out. Will I ever be back to normal? Wasn't no period part of the "good" things about the TAH? If so how come I still have ot use pantyliners?
Sometimes I feel I am worse than before the surgery.
Aslo if other people read this: is it possible I am working too hard and that causes the pink spotting? have been lifting a lot and worked harder than right after the surgery.
Thanks,
Nico
Unread 02-23-2005, 01:57 PM

Michele,

If you don't mind me asking how did they do your surgery for the granualation? I am having the same type of problems as you and she said she could only do the nitratre one more time. She hasn't mentioned surgery. Was it in and out surgery? What was the recovery like? Is is painful. If you can let me know I would appreciate it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register