6-week post op appt | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6-week post op appt 6-week post op appt

Unread 02-15-2005, 01:32 PM
6-week post op appt

I cannot believe it has been 6 weeks - wow!!

Had my post op appt with my doc today and was given a clean bill of health- can even add the hanky/panky back into my love life but after one more week!! He said everything looked great!

I am still having some spotting, but after examination he said there was nothing to be concerned about and it is normal. He did allow me to use a douche and I won't get into what that was like - yuk.

We have been playing with HRT - first Climara, then Vivelle and after a meltdown last week, on oral estradiol 1 mg. Prior to the estradiol I was having anxiety attacks and did not know it - a pronounced heaviness in my chest and not really myself. After 1 day on the estradiol, the heaviness went away and I felt good - until late afternoon, started feeling a little bit of the heaviness and anxious feeling, but not as pronounced. So, today he started me on 2 mg estradiol - we will see what happens.

I am allowed to go to the gym now and workout and I am so ready for that!! My daughter is getting married in May and I'm not only Mother of the Bride, but Matron of Honor and I have a few pounds to lose!!

Overall, other than the hormone issues, the experience has been as good as it can be, I guess. I wish the same on my Hyster-Sisters pre and postop!!

How are all you other 6-weekers doing?????

HUGS!!

Cheryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2005, 01:45 PM
6-week post op appt

Hey there,
I had my 6 week appt yesterday, and besides getting treated for granulation, I was released to return (slowly) back to normal activities.

I'm at work today, but am looking forward to not sitting (i.e. going home!).

I can't start enjoying the husband yet, as I'm still waiting for the granulation to resolve, and will see the doc in 3 weeks.

Otherwise, all is well and the folks here at the office have been splendid! Lots of hugs!!

On a humorous side note, a couple of the staff thought I was going in for a "Swan" treatment because I didn't tell everyone exactly the nature of my surgery. So, today when I greeted the two of them (and mind you, they are fun loving and pranksters), I turned the tables by stuffing a couple balloons into my shirt for effect (as though I had actually had something else done). We laughed for a long time together.

You all take care!

See you on the message boards.

Sharon
Unread 02-15-2005, 04:36 PM
6-week post op appt

I'm 6 weeks out too, we both had the same surgery date. I didn't have a 6 week appt., mine was at 4 weeks. I am feeling alot better, just still getting the swelly belly from the increase in my activities, but other than that I am doing great. I also started out on Climara, went to Vivelle, and now back to Climara but added Prometrium and the combo seems to be working well for me. The only problem I am having is absolutely no libido, which is very disheartening. Anyone have suggestions on how to get that part on track, my husband would be so happy to hear any ideas (typical man...haha)

Best of luck on the weight loss before the wedding and congrats to the bride to be!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register