3 months along.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 months along.... 3 months along....

Unread 02-15-2005, 01:33 PM
3 months along....

Hi sisters...

Just curious as to how all the 3-monther's are doing?

How's the weight issue? Energy levels? Have you reassumed all the household chores? What about your exercise regime?

Aside from a recent kick-a**, brutal bout of bronchitis that I continue to battle, things are pretty much back to normal. Although, I am really ticked off that this hacking cough has caused me to "tinkle" a bit each time I cough. I WISHED to heck I knew that my bladder was a problem when I had the old uterus taken out!!!!! Never thought I would be wearing a maxi pad again....especially for this reason!!!!!

Before I got sick, I was power walking 3 miles four to five days a week with the dog! ALL chores have been delegated back to me. Still am being careful with vacuuming, trying to do a room a day as opposed to the full house in one go.

So, once I am over this dreaded bug, I hope to be back to walking and may even try going back to the gym again!

Hope all sisters are doing fine and finding life enjoyable again!

Best wishes,

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2005, 02:02 PM
3 months along....

Hi HippieHoney, well everything is okay for this 3 month=er at the begining the only thing that was really bothering me was the "NO SLEEP" nightmare.. For the first 10 weeks I had insomnia and had to rely on Ambien the DR. gave me, well glad to say that everything is back to pre-operation, I guess I'm a lucky one, not to many problems after hysterectomy-BSO, back to all pre-op duties. I really haven't felt this well in years. I'm taking Estratest HS and that seems to working great for me... weight gain Oh YES indeed but, I also contribute it to me stopping smoking and feeling good for once.. 12 weeks smoke free ( glad I did ) and lack of excerise. Time to get to gym... Hope you feel better soon Hippie Take care...

Bonnie
Unread 02-15-2005, 03:32 PM
3 months along....

hi hippiehoney,glad to hear u r doing better other then having a bug hope it's better soon.i'm also 3 months last monday had a tah/bso i'm now on esterdiol 1mg a day and is working great for me been on them 3wks yeaterday best thing i done.weight gain a couple of pounds just don't up to working out only thing i have to complain about is my belly still swelling alot in the day but guess it will take awhile.hope all other 3 monthers r doing as well also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2005, 04:06 PM
3 month range....

I am also in this range (I was 3 months on February 4th) and I am doing well with sometimes dull pain on my right side but is where most of the work was done and I only notice it when I have worked both jobs and walked alot (alot for me is over 2 hours, I walk at least an hour a day)
I have worked 2 jobs since week 7 and wouldn't have done it except I had no income for the 6 weeks I was out so I had to get my rent money fast.
Since my surgery, I have cut over 2 feet off my hair (I didn't cut it all off at one time) and now it is short. The first 15 inches was in celebration of my now menopausal self who is just about pain-free! I got a better, full-time job that I like much better and tomorrow is last day at dayjob which I have been at for almost 2 years and HATED it.
I will never have long hair again. I could sit on it before it was so long. In and out of the shower and who needs conditioner now and I do not even need to brush it as is supposed to be messy! I love it! No more periods, no more tampons/pads, no more pain meds as I ate motrin 800's like candy pre-op, any pain I have now I don't need to take anything for....
I hope other 3 monthers are doing well and getting better and better...Still have swelly belly but I am hoping this will go down with working only 8 hours a day now and I am constantly fighting fatigue but is better than pre-op where I was fighting fatigue and horrid pain and couldn't do all the walking like I do now. Dunno if the fatigue from working so many hours with the walking or is surgery or a combination of both but going down to 50 hours a week should help with this (I am working an average of 80 hours right now so 50 is going down for me). I hope it helps with this swelly belly as I do know at 3 months we are not healed yet but I wish it would go AWAY.....
Unread 02-15-2005, 04:24 PM
3 months along

Hi HippieHoney,
I'm 3 months along and I'm finally jogging again. I took it slow at first but was able to walk/jog a good distance. Now if I can only get rid of this "swelly belly"!
Unread 02-15-2005, 09:27 PM
3 months along....

I am still a 2 monther but want to know if the libido ever gets back to full swing again? I am really worried about it.
Unread 02-20-2005, 06:27 PM
3 months along....

Sounds like a lot of you are doing well and getting back into life...

I am still battling bronchitis and now to add to the mix....a bad-***** head cold and sore throat. WHEN WILL IT END!?

Was doing sooooo well with recovery and now feel like I have been knocked back four weeks!

Oh well, must keep fighting on....glad to hear all the positives!!!

Hugs,
Sarah

P.S. intimacy has not happened yet...too scared and too sick....
Unread 02-21-2005, 02:38 AM
3 months along....

I am three months tomorrow.

Finally feel like I have energy again.
but dont go back to my exercise routine (gym) although I have been walking a few times a week.

Libido, no problem with that, but as I split up from my man 3 weeks ago there isnt any relief :-(

can get through a day at work. sleeping again, after about a month of dreaded insomnia.

Hot flushes occassionally but can deal with it.

still swelly belly and gas and
backed up with bm.

All in all going well.
Unread 02-21-2005, 03:51 AM
3 months along....

One week off three months and I can't beleive how quickly the time has passed. I am beginning to feel better than before the op, which is what I have been waiting for. Finally, proof that it was all worth it!

I'm back at my art classes and enjoying it even more this year as I am not constantly worrying about leakage or having to take days off. I think this year is going to be a good one.

Swelly belly is still a big issue but I am confident it will go eventually. I have also gained a bit of weight but as my DSO says he likes me this way I am not too worried about it. As a matter of fact it's nice to have my breasts back to the size they were when I was a teenager!

I am losing a lot of hair at the moment - just as well I am a redhead and had plenty to begin with! - but I know that it just a side-effect of the anaesthetic and will stop eventually. I have also noticed just lately that my skin is getting oily. Anyone else experiencing this?

Overall I can confidently say that having the hysterectomy was one of the best things I have ever done.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register