Possible Laparotomy Ahead | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Possible Laparotomy Ahead Possible Laparotomy Ahead

Unread 02-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Possible Laparotomy Ahead

After many years of struggling with Endometriosis and Adenomyosis, unexplained bleeding and post-delivery complications I consented to a Hysterectomy. Yes, as an elective surgery it was by all accounts a "choice" but it was so much more than that. It was a decision made with faith and with hope, for a better quality of life for myself and my young family. With trepidation and with resolve I proceeded and my surgery, a LAVH, was undertaken several months ago.

Recovery was unfortunately frought with complications, of bleeding (3 months), suspected vault Hematomas, varicosities of the vaginal vault and pain. Perhaps the most difficult of the struggles was the relentless pain that accompanied them, because it was that I wished to relieve more than anything. Still resolute I was determined to keep hopeful. But the challenges were not to end there.

Since my LAVH I have undergone a Laparoscopy, Cystoscopy, Retrograde Pyelogram, Exam under Anesthesia, Embolization with steel coils of pelvic and ovarian veins and now may face further operation. In addition to extensive complications as a result of infection and repeat Antibiotics I developed a potentially life-threatening gastrointestinal toxin leading to hospitalization.

A Laparotomy has been suggested and is now being carefully considered by a Vascular Surgeon and a Gyn Surgeon collectively. It is understandably a significant decision especially in light of the risks and the possibility of infection. I trust the discernment of my doctors will come with leading and wisdom greater than I can imagine. I pray for that each day, as the process is not an easy one for my doctors nor is it an easy road to travel for us as a family. But I have been brought through times when I felt my strength was gone, and have overcome things I never thought I could. Not on my own strength I know, but with hope and faith. And even in the midst of this journey that is a blessing.

I am interested in hearing anyone's personal experiences with Laparotomy surgery if you would wish to share them. I would like to be prepared for what I may face in the weeks ahead, not frightened, but to hear from those who have known the experience first hand.

Blessings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Possible Laparotomy Ahead

Hi Blessings,

I am sorry you have had so many struggles with your health. I have not had a laparotomy, but I did a Search at the top of the page and came of with this link:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ght=Laparotomy

I hope this helps you some.

Sending lot's of s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register