Last post op at 3 weeks???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Last post op at 3 weeks???? Last post op at 3 weeks????

Unread 02-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Last post op at 3 weeks????

My Gyno/Surgeon said that I wouldn't have to see him again until my annual checkup. He said to call the nurse when I was ready to go back to work (after 6 to 8 weeks) and she would send in the paperwork. I sure would feel better if I had an internal exam before I went back. I work at the Post Office and it is a physical job. I am going to ask for a six week check up anyway. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this before.

Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2005, 03:07 PM

My last post op was at two weeks, but I had laparascopic surgery.

I think most people on the board will tell you you should go back for another checkup.

--QB
Unread 02-16-2005, 03:11 PM

I went in for a one-week post op checkup, and my doctor said I didn't have to go back in until my annual exam. However, since my sister said her vaginal cuff took longer to heal because a stitch fell out early AND because I had bacterial vaginosis last week and just finished treatment, I think I'm going to call and make an appointment for the six-week mark. I'll just be more comfortable resuming "normal" activities like sex and so on if I know for certain that I appear to be healing the way I should.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2005, 03:31 PM

I think you should do what feels comfortable to you. If you want to be seen again, then you should schedule an appointment. I agree with you, I am scheduled at 2 weeks and 6 weeks. I just feel more comfortable knowing everything has been checked out before going back to life as normal.

Hugs,
Denise
Unread 02-16-2005, 04:07 PM

My surgery was December 16 and I had a post op appointment on January 5. My doctor said I don't need to be seen again until I come in for a pap smear in March (I had uterine cancer). I was happy about this. I figure that if there are problems, you will know it, right? Patients with no symptoms are well!
Unread 02-16-2005, 04:34 PM

After my surgery I only had one appointment and that was 2 weeks and 6 days after my surgery. I was told the same thing, call when you are ready to go back to work for the paperwork. I was very disappointed but in my case I had no other problems so I felt funny saying I want another appointment. I guess it was good news but it bothered me. I was very grateful for this website and the support I got here. Good luck
Unread 02-16-2005, 05:43 PM

Mindfulness,
Did you go back for the 6 week check up? If not do you feel OK with that decision.
Lori
Unread 02-17-2005, 06:01 AM

I didn't and I'm ok with it now,I just felt disapointed I guess. I am glad that I didn't have any problems, but if I did I would have insisted on a 6 week check up.
Unread 02-17-2005, 09:46 AM

Originally I was suppposed to only have a three week post op visit. I was told to come back in a year, unless something happens. So, of course, something happened. I started spotting and had to return. I was actually happy that I had an excuse to get my 6 week checkup. So, go for the 6 week visit just to make yourself feel good. By the way, I had no spotting since that time. Funny how it all worked out.
Unread 02-17-2005, 07:04 PM

Thank you all for your replys. I am going to call tomorrow and talk to the nurse. I haven't bugged her too much lately.
I will definitly feel much better about the situation.
Lori

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register