What are you doing 5 weeks PO? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What are you doing 5 weeks PO? What are you doing 5 weeks PO?

Unread 02-17-2005, 08:07 AM
What are you doing 5 weeks PO?

Mynpookie
Thats too funny. I don't think it has hit me too much that I will NEVER EVER AGAIN NEED TAMPONS!
But, I did have a "Tampon Exchange" party for myself and my friends pre-op. It was too funny. Everyone brought a box of tampons and/or pads to have a "Yankee Swap" with but we ended up forgetting them at the faciity. A week or so ago, myself and my DH went to the place to eat and all the waitressess were pointing and laughing at us? I called over one waitress that I know well from going there a lot and she was laughing so hard she could bairly breath. She said that we forgot all of them and her boss was very baffled when "HE" was cleaning the table at the end of the night. The place is a "Bar and Grill" LOL LOL LOL The waitress knew why I was having the party and just started laughing at him. They decided to keep all the tampons and pads for their partons LOL LOL LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2005, 11:13 AM
try this...

I read your post and I can understand not wanting to go walking outisde...are there any malls around where you can walk inside and that way if you do get tired or faint you can have a spot to sit? I've been walking and window shopping almost everyday!!! Also, if there are any rec centers in your area you could use the treadmill or an indoor track. Just a thought.

I have been driving short distances since 1.5weeks po....I didn;t take any narcotic meds after the first couple days and am dealing with mild pain from my TAH/BSO....everyone is different and heals differently. I know though that just getting out and getting up each day at a normal hour and showering and trying to develop a "routine" to have keeps me feeling better. I'm lucky I am as mobile and going as I am but I also, due to work, had to be in great shape before my surgery..and with all the pain I had daily at least now I know it won;t last and that helps me thinking about getting better.
I hope you feel better soon....take it at YOUR pace.

Judy
TAH/BSO/adhesion/adeno/.cycts/fibroids
Unread 02-17-2005, 01:23 PM
5 weeks today

Can you believe it, it's 5 weeks already (had TAH Jan 13th). It's wonderful how times flys when you're have soooo much fun. Honestly, without "HYSTER SISTERS" I would have been calling my Doctor everyday. You ladies answered my questions and concerns and I can't thank you enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2005, 01:51 PM

I AM 5 WKS POST OP. I HAVE BEEN DOING REALLY WELL. I DON'T THINK THIS SURGERY IS THAT BAD. (PARTIAL) . SORRY I DON'T KNOW ALL THE ABBREVIATIONS YET FOR HYSTER SISTERS. I HAVE DOING LIGHT CHORES. BUT IF I DO TO MUCH MY BODY TELLS ME. I GET PAINS SHOOTING THERE AND PINCHING FEELING. I ALSO SWELL ALOT AT NIGHT. I DON'T DO ALOT OF PHYSICAL STUFF IT COULD BE JUST SHOPPING AND GOING OUT FOR LUNCH. I ALSO STARTED PASSING MY STITCHES , AT FIRST I THOUGHT I DID TO MUCH BUT THE DOCTOR SAYS IT IS NORMAL. DOES ANYONE STILL HAVE A SLIGHT DISHARGE THIS LATE IN POST OP? I DO. BUT I WON'T COMPLAIN IT IS NOT AS BAD AS A PERIOD.
Unread 02-17-2005, 02:24 PM
5 weeks tomorrow

Hi Ladies,

Can anyone tell me when to expect my energy to return? Some days I'm okay, and others I just feel so droopy - like a rag doll. I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow.

Thanks,

Susy
Unread 02-17-2005, 03:22 PM

Some things are good. I walk a couple of miles in the neighborhood without any problem. Am fixing my DH's dinner now and doing some shopping. The organization show on HG-TV has me attacking and sorting the mail!

I drove for over an hour on Tuesday but for a very sad reason. My DIL's infant niece passed away unexpectedly. Due to the short time frame for her airline ticket and different name on the charge, I needed to sign in person at the airport. SIDs is suspected, and everyone is just crushed.

I am still experiencing nausea and chest pain, and if it is my gallbladder, would like to deal with it before returning to work on the 25th. Have to figure this out.

The beat goes on...
Unread 02-17-2005, 03:55 PM
sad news

So sorry to hear of your recent loss - very sad.

Hugs,
Another Susan
Unread 02-17-2005, 04:01 PM

Hi Sisters,

Thanks to all who answered my post. Unfortunately I was not in excellent shape prior to surgery. I go to exercise class regularly but hadn't gone in Dec. and Jan due to holidays, bleeding and then surgery. So, by this time I'm really out of shape......I am older (55) and anemic (due to the loss of blood) and I feel that is why I'm still not feeling so much better

Most of you guys seem to be coming along nicely. I hope I will be joining you soon. I am taking iron pills and vitamins and eating healthy, although I crave (like when your pg) sweets and pasta.

I live near a mall and guess I could go there to walk. I'm going to force myself to get showered and dressed and get out of the house. You have all inspired me.

Thanks!
Unread 02-17-2005, 04:10 PM
thumbs up

Hi Mary,

Sounds to me like you're doing great! I am ten years younger than you are, and I still feel lousy!!!!!!!!!! And...I'm not anemic either! Just droopy ..... this hormone thing is certainly a challenge! Keep up the good work.

Sue
Unread 02-17-2005, 04:27 PM

I had my surgery on 1-18-05. I have been driving since 2-10. I had to get out of the house. I felt so good and on 2-14 called and asked if I could go back to work at least for half days. Doc said ok but if you feel pain or tired go home. I teach and really needed to get back to the classroom. I made it till 1:00 on Tuesday and till 1:30 Wednesday, today I worked till 2:00. I start work each day at 7:45 am. I live 10 miles from work and also have an 8 yr old and 3 yr old to get up, dressed, hair brushed, teeth brushed and fed. Gotta make sure I get dressed and brushed too, oh and don't forget to make lunches and check the backpacks, then drop everyone off at the respected places. thank goodness the kids feed the dogs each day. As a result I get up at 6:00 am each day, sometimes earlier. WHEW!
I was actually glad to go to work....I got a little bit more rest ...lol
My kids at school have been really great, they understand I can't stand all day, can't always come to them to help, and so on. I teach special ed so I have been getting lots of hugs since returning.
On the exercise and housework bit, I have been walking, dancing with the kids,doing laundry, vacumming, washing the dog, cleaning out the rats nest out of my car FOR REAL >>>>LIVE PACK RAT somewhere in our area. Smart little booger too....I actually saw him .....he is bigger than the cat. The chow dog can't seem to catch him. He ate some wires in the SUV so guess who had to take it to the shop then go get it 4 days later. Only to have it break down again on the side of the interstate. BOY was I honkerblonkED at that man at the shop. GRRRRR
I took a school bus ride (30 miles each way) for a field trip to the chocolate factory......mMMMMMM.....if I ever get fired from teaching I will apply there to work....the smell was to die for. I have been cooking, giving my 3 yr old all her meds and treatments. Giving the kids baths, cleaning the bathtub ( that hurt some), Ironing, hmmm what else. I guess I am back to normal ...what ever "normal" is. I do still have some discomfort in the middle of my stomach, especially when I put pressure on it(like carrying my 3 yr old or the grocery bags in). I still get tired in the evening but hey I did that before anyway. I still have that dang swelly belly from noon on. I am really sick of that. I want to wear my jeans again. I want to go dancing with my husband and girlfriends. I want to have sex....lol
Time and patience.......Hard things to endure.
Hope everyone else is doing great too.
Jenn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register