What are you doing 5 weeks PO? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What are you doing 5 weeks PO? What are you doing 5 weeks PO?

Unread 02-17-2005, 04:32 PM
Wow

Holy Cow! Sounds like you're doing great! I feel pretty good as far as the surgery is concerned. I've also been doing the housework, etc. But the hormone thing has me down. Did you keep your ovaries?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2005, 06:50 PM
What are you doing 5 weeks PO?

I feel lazy LOL I don't miss work at ALL. I work at the same hospital I had my TWO surgery's at. I am enjoying doing whatever I want without watching the clock. I hope I get an extension from work the nice weather will be here before you know it LOL. (Only joking I know I have to go back soon) LOL I don't miss it though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 02-17-2005, 07:33 PM

I went back to teaching after too weeks, part time also (actually only ever work part time, so no longer days for me) and the best medicine was the hugs (kindergarten). I just set a goal in my mind of when I would be back, and I had to be there to see that all was going well with my "other children". Going back to a job that you love really helps you get back on your feet quickly. Haven't cleaned the bathtub yet, as I know I'll lean into it, and pressure on the abdominal area is still touchy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2005, 06:09 AM

LOL too funny. Yes, I guess you are correct. Maybe I am burnt out at my "Real" job. No, I have not cleaned the bathtub yet or the fridge for that matter yet either. LOL It's not on my "To do" list at this time anyway LOL. I think thats a mans job LOL LOL (Only kidding) but if DH wants to do it, I say go for it!
What I do miss and can't wait to get back into is my true passion Dog training. I tried to walk a dog a few wks ago and really paid the price OWCH!
I volunteer at multiple shelters training shelter dogs in hopes of bosting their adoptions. I also miss walking my own dogs at the park. That's what I can't wait to be able to do again with ease.
Figues, its all "Volunteer" LOL
Unread 02-18-2005, 02:36 PM

Hi Suzy60

I only kept one ovary. We didn't want me to go into immediate menopause. The doc thought it would be better if it happened naturally, as long as I didn't have any cysts on the remaining ovary.

My only problem is being so very tired......but I know that's due to anemia.

Looking forward to the day that I feel good again...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register