HRT and endo???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HRT and endo???? HRT and endo????

Unread 02-17-2005, 10:28 AM
HRT and endo????

Hello Ladies, I have been reading posts here, about woman who have had hysterectomies, and the doctor told them no HRT due to endo. I had my Hyst, in part due to endo, and have been on HRT since the recovery room of the castle. So, my question is this.....

Did your doc put you on HRT, and if not, and he said it was because of endo, did he further explain why? Did you have cancer? Did you keep your ovaries? I've read here that woman who had endo were told it would be 6 months to a year before the doc would put them on HRT. And several post have said it was because something in HRT can make the endo come back.

I will be seeing my doctor again soon, and trust me this is the first question on the list, but in the meantime, I am now worried I may be "growing" more endo because I am on HRT, and thats the last thing I want to do. Any information you ladies can give me is most appreciated.

Heal well, be safe, and remember to SMILE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2005, 11:58 AM
HRT and endo????

I had/have endometriosis and adenomyosis. I've been doing the HRT thing since the day after surgery (11/19/04) and though it's taken until the last week or two to get things straightened out my doctor wanted me on HRT (though different doctors feel differently on the issue). It is my understanding that estrogen can allow endo to grow back if any was remaining in your body after surgery. The Progesterone mix is what will help to stop recurrancy. I am not a doctor it's just how it was presented to me - by what I feel is a doctor who explains anything and everything I ask.

Do I fear endo coming back? Yes, and my doctor and I talked about it but given all the in's and out's he strongly felt it was something I needed to do. Do to some recurrent pain I may need a laproscopic procedure during the summer, but compared to the hysterectomy - it won't be much and for the reassurance it will bring I'll be happy to deal with it.

Hope this helps. Feel free to email or PM me with anything further. Keep smiling!
Unread 02-17-2005, 12:00 PM
HRT and endo????

Well, I had endo., too. I was put on HRT the day after surgery. My dr. didn't say anything about not being put on it. I have read that people on here didn't get put on it. It may have something to do with the amount of endo. you had. Mine was confined to my uterus and ovary.

Good luck with finding out more info.

Jamie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2005, 12:17 PM
HRT and endo????

My Dr is a very compassionate man, my situation was a little different , I had a long struggle with endo but the ironic thing was I had started menopause early and most of it had died off, the biggest thing was the damage it had left behind , the way he explained it to me was using progesterone as well would lessen the risk. I wasn't coping with the symptoms of menpause before surgery so he didn't want me to try and recover feeling 100x worse, this is why I used HRT from day one and I don't regret it, I feel like a new woman and be it only for a short time it is worth the risk for me, I dealt with endo for 15+ years so it doesn't scare me, but being out of control with my emotions was very scary!! Goodluck , I hope you find peace of mind
Unread 02-17-2005, 01:01 PM
HRT and endo????

I too started HTR on day one. I have egun to loose bone density and the doctor considers that to be the bigger threat. After a while on the patch to slow the boe loss, I will stop the HRT and any remaining endo should should die.

Life has its choices and I have lived a life time with the endo. The bone loss is more frightening for me.
Unread 02-17-2005, 01:10 PM
HRT and endo????

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=188703

s
Unread 02-17-2005, 01:12 PM
HRT and endo????

I had a tah/bso on January 20 after 3 previous laps and Lupron for stage 4 endo. My doc said absolutely NO estrogen whatsoever for at least 3 to 6 months after the surgery to starve any possible remaining endo. I had endo everywhere except my appendix, it made my life miserable for the last 20 years, and I am not taking any chances and I will do everything I can to keep it at bay, although I know nothing is 100 percent.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register