I just need a shoulder to cry on | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I just need a shoulder to cry on I just need a shoulder to cry on

Unread 01-23-2001, 11:48 PM
I just need a shoulder to cry on

Hello sisters, just feeling emotionally low today. I start my laser treatment next Fri. Feb 2nd and have just received the information sheet from my doctor. I had my hyster for CIN3 precancerous cells of the cervix and as I have posted before they are still there, at the top of my vagina. The information in the leaflet says that there is 5% chance of them returning after the laser. Also no physical activity for 10 days and no sex for 2 weeks. I know that there are gals here who are worse of than me but I am so scared, and I can't stop crying. I went through all the hyster stuff and I am not fixed. I just want the all clear. sorry for rambling but you are all a great support thanks so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2001, 08:48 AM

Hang in there, Robyn. Be proud of yourself that you are taking positive steps to safeguard your health. You are doing what needs to be done. The hysterectomy is behind you and now you will proceed with laser treatments. You will have the peace of mind of knowing that you are doing everything you can and that through miracles of modern medicine things can be detected at this early stage! Ten days and two weeks seems like a long time now but it really isn't (and isn't it wonderful that you are in a relationship that you don't want to wait two weeks for intimacy?). Have you ever tried visualization? Visualizing the light of the laser eliminating unhealthy cells, leaving only clean, pink, healthy tissue behind? It could boost you mentally and there is even some research that is investigating the chance that visualization can enhance our health/immune function etc. Keep up the good work!
Unread 01-24-2001, 09:02 AM

{{{Robyn}}}

Don't feel bad for feeling low, that's perfectly natural. It's also normal to get scared when having to deal with any type of setback. But, just think of the bigger number, the 95% chance it WON'T come back.

Do let yourself have a good cry, its amazing how much it will actually help. And if you do need that shoulder, we've got more than enough to help, that's what we're all here for.

Take care of yourself and remember, soon you WILL be on the road to recovery. Here's lot of {{{hugs}}} to you in the meantime.

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2001, 02:35 PM

Hi Robyn:
Did you feel that great big squeeze just now?? (((( ))))
I sent you a big ole Canadian hug hon!!!!
You have every right to feel down, and afraid. We have all been where you are believe me.
I can't add anymore than Jennifer and Vicki have, but I can tell you, as Jennifer said...visualization is excellent.
Every chemo treatment I had...I would just picture that fluid disolving away the bad cells, kinda like that pac man game...lol...I would just picture those little guys chomping up all the cancer cells. Sounds kinda crazy I know, but it truly works!!!
And as Vicki said....95% chance that the cells will not return...are WONDERFUL odds Robyn!!!
Keep in mind also that laser is so widely used in many areas of health care now. Look what it is doing for eyesight. People who have worn glasses for many years are now able to see better than they ever could with having laser treatments. So that shows how good it is.
I hope the time goes by quickly for you before you start your treatments. Try and think positive and do try that visualization. Think of the laser as a little vacumn cleaner, picking up the bad cells and taking them away forever!!
Extra prayers for Robyn tonight!!!
Take care,
M. xo
Unread 01-25-2001, 07:01 AM

Please know that we are all here for you!! It is times like these that make being far away from one another sooo hard! I wish that I would be able to comfort you in person, but unfortunately that is not possible. I am so glad that you came here when feeling down. Post away and get all of your feelings out on paper...or typed on screen. Please don't hold your feelings in...let them out and be rid of them!
I will keep you in my prayers!! May you feel the strength and comfort of the Lord.
Unread 01-25-2001, 11:07 AM
Have faith

I just found out a little over two weeks ago, that I had pre-cancerous cervical cells, I had a cone biospy done and hopefully it was all removed then, at least that is what they say, but we are still going to go through with the hyster, so that we dont have to take any more chances, I know in my case, I have some of the beginning fears that you are experiencing, will it return even after all there efforts. Just that "C" word cancer is enough to keep one on an emotional rollercoaster. Know my prayers and thoughts are with you and as the other girls have said, focus on that 95%. Know that we are here for you, email me anytime.
Sheila
Unread 01-26-2001, 07:35 PM

Robyn....
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}
And lots of prayers, my friend!
kaatie
Unread 01-28-2001, 09:15 AM

Dear Robyn,
I do say that the blues come and go for all of us. I saw a therapist to discuss my feelings, and it helped a lot. I also booked my family for a trip as soon as I was able to travel. Just to get out of the surroundings that reminded me of my hysterectomy etc... I found that just opening the mailbox to find hospital and doctor statements were depressing. I just wanted to forget it all. The trip really helped revitalize me.
Good luck with the lazer therapy. Please keep in touch here so your sisters that understand can help you through it.
Just think how much stronger a person you are now than before all this started. You are a fighter! Don't forget it.
God Bless you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register