blood test back, blood disorder- surgery booked | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

blood test back, blood disorder- surgery booked blood test back, blood disorder- surgery booked

Unread 02-17-2005, 10:46 PM
blood test back, blood disorder- surgery booked

Hi everyone,
I wanted to let you know that I did get my blood tests back, and the reason for the prolonged bleeding time is in fact because I have a blood disorder (a rear type of Von Willebrands). My doctors are going to have the medicine for the infusions (pre-op and post-op) flowen onto the island. However if I do have any further bleeding post op they will medi-vac me to Honolulu for a factor 8 transfusion.
My surgery is booked for this coming Wed. 23rd.
I am so glad that this have finally been worked out, as I have had my pain than ever before this past week, I also have had orarian cysts flare up on top of everything else!!!
I am so ready for surgery!!!

Thank you to everyone who has been following my story.

With love and aloha
Hawaiikiwi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2005, 10:54 PM

Hawaiikiwi,

I'm sorry you have a blood disorder but I'm glad you finally got an answer. I know you are relieved knowing that your doctor will be able to give you the care that you will need.

Best wishes for a successful surgery and recovery. I will keep you in my prayers that everything goes well.

s

Deb
Unread 02-18-2005, 03:31 AM

Hi there. I answered one of your earlier posts i think. I also have von Willebrands and am now waiting for date for my hysterectomy.

My first gyno was reluctant to do the op due to the factor 8 deficiency. My second gyno looked more closely at my history and saw that I had wisdom teeth extraction and two hemmoroidectomies prior to the diagnosis of von Willibrands. I was very badly bruised and this prolonged my recovery time, but no excessive bleeding.

But this has given them the reassurance to go ahead with hysterectormy although they will be using DDAVP infusion to increase clotting factor. I had the DDAVP during my hysteroscopy and D&C and it worked well. Only a tiny bruise came out.

The DDAVP has mild side effects during the transfusion and lasts about an hour. It can cause flushing and temperature increase and increased heart rate. You should be closely monitored but passes quickly and as you will be lying down anyway it should not be a problem.

good luck
ktee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2005, 06:17 AM

Been wondering what was happening. This has been a long hard road for you. Not knowing is about as hard as waiting. The 23rd isn't to far off, so maybe the waiting won't be to hard on ya'. I hope all goes well with your surgery. I get to go 5 days after you, so I'll see ya' soon on the post-op board.

Donna
Unread 02-18-2005, 07:07 AM

Hi, it's wonderful that you finally have a solution to your problems. I'll be that all goes well for you and that you won't need a transfusion.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register