3 Week post op princesses how are you? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Week post op princesses how are you? 3 Week post op princesses how are you?

Unread 02-18-2005, 10:26 AM
3 Week post op princesses how are you?

Hello All,

How is everyone doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2005, 10:44 AM

Hi Aguilarmartina!

My surgery was on 1/25 (TAV) and I'm doing better and better everyday. Still get tired after "mini-excursions" to the store, but it feels great to get out of the house. I am finding that I wake up several times during the night, but I guess that's from not doing too much and taking taps in the day. I think I can start slowly doing all the cleaning and organizing that I never got around to .....or maybe not! How are you?

Aloha,

Kerry
Unread 02-18-2005, 12:18 PM

Hi......I had a TAH on Jan.27,and came home from hospital on Jan. 28th. I am actually feeling good now! I am still a little tender but nothing that Advil doesn't take care off!It was very rough the first week, but by the second week I started feeling a little better everyday! I tried to take hormones but they gave me very bad headaches so I quit taking them, so now I am just living "ONE DAY AT A TIME".I have been very lucky because my DH has been FABULOUS through all of this, I could not have gotten through this without him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2005, 01:21 PM

I'm doing pretty well, overall. I'm still having some lower back pain, but not bad enough to take anything for it. I'm still having a discharge - how long is that supposed to last??

It will be a happy day when I no longer have to buy "sanitary supplies"!!!
Unread 02-18-2005, 04:53 PM
3 1/2 weeks

I am doing well. (SAH 1/24/05) The hardest part is to know when to quit doing things. I spend more time in bed after I overdo it the day before. I have to make myself take a morning nap and an afternoon nap. Then I do better.

I'm trying to be patient with the heavy, swollen feeling and low energy. I'm running out of creative things that I feel like doing. Cabin fever is on my doorstep!!! I walk outside--feels very strange--and that takes a lot of my energy. Fresh air is wonderful, though.

Can't wait until Christmas! I understand that I will feel much better by then!

Happy healing to everyone!

Cinderellen
Unread 02-18-2005, 05:10 PM

My TAH was on 1/26 and I am feeling great. My blood count had been so low for so many months and now it is almost normal. I have more energy than I have in a long time.

I do get tired but I actually feel better if I go out and do something everyday. I have been to 3 movies and to the grocery store 2 times this week. Although I am tired at night I actually sleep better than if I stay in all day.

I go back to work on 2/28 and I think I will be ready!
Unread 02-18-2005, 05:36 PM
1/24/05 LAVH with Both Ovaries Removed

I am feeling better by the day, but sure do sleep alot.

Hugs, Akwarrior
Unread 02-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Hi 3-weekers

Hi 3-Weekers
How am I?
Well, lets see. I'm kinda up and down, but basically I'm getting a little better every day. I overdid it last Monday and Tuesday so the rest of this week I really tried to take it easy and do a lot of resting.
Today, I walked a block outside and then came in and took a nap for 1 1/2 hours.
I piddle around the house, but don't do a lot. I've been trying to fix my hair every day.
My DH took me and granddaughter to a movie tonight. I took my little pillow and my throw which goes over my legs. I just took them in my overnight bag. My DH then gets me 2 of the children's seats and we stack them. I put my pillow on top of them so I can stretch out my legs and keep my feet up. Then I put my throw over my legs, and I was very comfy. It was so good to get out of the house. We saw, "Because of Winn-Dixie". Very good family movie.
I'm still not driving under doctors orders. I feel like I still need a pain pill about 5:00 each day. Today I needed 2. They help me get through the evening when DH and granddaughter are home.
My swelly belly is going down, and I haven't had much gas this week. DON'T DRINK POP! My bowels are good! Not having any pain when I go.
Basically I think I'm coming along like I'm supposed to. Originally I had thought I would go back to work after 4 weeks. But, I had never had surgery before. I think I will wait until 6 weeks because I have a busy office job and then the rat race begins again with DH and granddaughter.
I still feel tired a lot, which I guess is normal.
Hope the rest of you are doing well.

Sandy s
Unread 02-18-2005, 10:20 PM

I had a lavh I guess this heals easier,less invasive and all I actually went back to work today I am a hair stylist so no lifting involved I only work 4 hrs a day and sit often. I almost feel like I'm bragging but I don't mean to . I really am feeling really good and hope to hear the same from all of you very soon

k..
Unread 02-19-2005, 01:54 AM

I so wish that I could say that I am doing as well as all of you. I was until this week when I saw my Dr for my 2 week checkup, was at almost 3 weeks then. Anyway he said to increase my walking a bit so I walked slowly into the grocery. Started feeling strange like something had fallen. Finally yesterday I got the nerve to look in a mirror to check myself out. I was so scared to see what appears to look like a cervix barely inside my vagina. Thing is I had a vaginal hyst. and removed the cervix as well. Sooo I see it is where I pee that is staring at me all bulged out like an eyeball! I am numb to say the least. My Dr. is out of town until tuesday and I made an appt. to see him then. I guess this means that my bladder has dropped?? I am having pains like a bladder or UTI infectiion. Doc did a urine culture for that at my appt. tuesday but no results yet. He didn't check me internally as we didn't see a need at the time. Boy what a difference a few hours can make!! It totally freaks me out everytime I look in the mirror, it looks just like an eyeball looking at me!!! I can't recall what that is called right now as it is late and I can't sleep from worry. I can't even remember where your urinary opening is suppose to be located, can anyone help? I know it's near the clitoris, but is it inside the vagina? That is where the "eye" is looking at me from. I had a prolapsed uterus so my cervix stuck out of my vagina opening and this is almost identical. I looked online trying to find pics of our urinary opening is suppose to be and all it comes up with is smut, nothing medical. Girls I am thrilled that you are doing so well. Please add me to your prayer list as this has me scared. See I have a teenage daughter to care for who has Cerebral Palsy and iis in a wheelchair. My hubby is doing all her care right now. So need to be healthy for my kids, esp. my daughter who is totally dependant on us. Thanks and God bless.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register