3 Week post op princesses how are you? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Week post op princesses how are you? 3 Week post op princesses how are you?

Unread 02-19-2005, 02:16 AM
3 Week post op princesses how are you?

I had a TVH on Feb 1/05... I can't believe how much better I'm feeling - I'd been trying to convince a DR to do this for 4 years now. Now that it is done, I'm soooo happy!!

I'm doing better everyday, but can't wait to get back to work. I'm so jealous of kstwister being back at work already! I'm a deputy sheriff though, and wouldn't dream of going back to work until my DR gives me the OK... I'll be waiting until earliest beginning of April... sometimes I think I might go crazy waiting till then!

My DH and 3 boys are all helping out tremendously. I'm walking alot - 3 times a day. My disolving stitches are all disolving away like crazy - had a bit of a scare cause there was an absolutely awful odor that started the day before my 2 week check up - DR said it was fine and gave me a prescription for it. I highly recommend talking to your DR if you have this problem - I used one of the "vaginal ovuales" the first night - when I woke up the next morning, no more smell!! It's great! The RX is for 10 days, and so I still have 8 more to go.

I hope everyone is doing well - if you aren't doing as well, take it easy, don't stress and you will get better soon!

JustineH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2005, 08:56 AM
headaches, nightsweats, feeling great

Other then headaches and night sweats which arent that unusual for me I am doing great. I had my surgery TAH/BSO on 1/27. So I am at three weeks. Actually on my exact 3 week anniv I had NO PAIN. None. I do get gas pains still but everything is working. Not taking any pain pills. I go out alot. Stay up most of the day till about 1pm then need a rest but working on taking short ones and not sleeping all afternoon. Then I am beter able to sleep at night. I can see how people get caught doing too much. Right about now you start to feel so much like yourself that its easy to forget your still healing. Three more weeks and I go back to work. Cant believe I am looking forward to it. But staying home with restrictions is way over rated.
Good luck to all.
Unread 02-19-2005, 10:12 AM
hi 3 weekers

Hi princess sisters,

My LAVH was on 1/26/05. I do not feel tired, but I still have SWELLY BELLY syndrome. How long does this last? The other day I was preparing invitaions for a fraternal function and I was bending alot, my BELLY was like I was 8 months pregnant that night. and hurt...........oh yes!!
I am lucky, I have had no drinage since the first week. I was told to expect it, but nothing.
I am having hot flashes galore!! I still have one ovary, not by choice, but it was stuck to my intestens. See doc in 2 more weeks, I feel I need 1--2 pain pills a day, the docs think no!!! who are they...they don't know me or my pain tolarance. Oh well guess I will survive.
Everyone keep up the great posts.....This site is AWESOME!!

Have a rose smelling day!! They always make me smile!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2005, 10:36 AM

I've been to the grocery store 3-4 times, out to dinner twice and to a movie - we saw "Million Dollar Baby" which was very good but a little dark for me. I am still really emotional at times, so have been sticking to comedies and "chick flicks". These trips out have usually meant sleeping in a little or even vegging out the day after.

Haven't noticed loss of any stitches, and discharge is less every day and brownish. Swelly belly severity associated with amount of activity. Hot flashes 4-6 times per day - not sure if this is hormone or weakness from doing more than I should. Colace is keeping everything moving okay.

I still have pain inside but with all the work they did, I'm not surpised, but it is a little daunting because I actually felt better at the end of week one than I do now... My GYN is really good about keeping me comfortable, and I have reduced the number and dosage of my pain meds. Wish I could do okay on Tylenol or Advil.

DH has been great, but he has two days off Sunday and Monday and I don't think I'm up for any big activities. He gets bored being at home - I'm hoping for some sunny weather so that he can get out and go golfing.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Unread 02-19-2005, 11:14 AM
three weeks and pretty well

Still very tired, but I am doing more.If i go out and do one thing, like a 30 minute walk, lunch, errand, nail app't, that's it for the day. The pain is manageable, a little different this week, must have to do with what is healing now. I was cleared to drive, but felt too foggy to drive.(I live in a pretty densely populated, high speed area)Well, DS came home yesterday with a screaming earache, and since it was a holiday weekend, I thought we better get to the pediatrician. So I drove. I drove fine, but still too foggy for my tastes. We stopped at the drug store to drop off his prescription(by the way it was good we went, strep and ear infection!) and I put the car in Park, depressed emergency brake(OUCH!) unbuckled my seat belt, got out and started to walk toward pharmacy. DS kindly asked, "do you want me to turn off the ignition and headlights?"Too foggy! Walking and drinking lots of H20 makes me feel better.I thought I would be further along by now.
Unread 02-19-2005, 12:33 PM
3 weekers

I had my tvh on 1-31-05 it will be 3 weeks on 2-21-05. I feel much better than last week. But i saw my dr this past monday who told me to take it a bit easier, as i had walked through wal mart, done laundry and of all things, tumbled down about 6 stairs. So this week, I have walked the block each day. I went even further yesterday. This is helping. Also, i had been having a lot of gas and learned maybe i should not eat so many gassy foods, i had eaten salads and broccoli most each day. So i am taking it down a couple of notches. Also i do not drink soda so that helps with the gas i think, i only drink water, crystal light and green tea. Taking a stool softener helps. I do have a discharge still, that does not smell the greatest and it seems some areas they shaved are coming in and i am itchy itchy. I still do take my pain pills, usually in the evening. By the time my DD comes home, i am ready for my nap, usually one nap per day. But like others, i had previously had soooooo much bleeding, my hemoglobin was up to 9.1 on the day i left the castle on 2/2/05 - now i have been taking iron pills twice daily i do feel energetic. Some days almost like i have not felt in a long time, but my body tells me when to slow down. I do fix meals, do dishes and watch tv, read books and i am on the internet a lot! I think overall, this is a good point in the recovery stage.
TVH due to multiple fibroids, some outside the endometrium;some pressing on the endometrium;adenomyosis (i have my ovaries)
Unread 02-19-2005, 02:55 PM

Had my LSH on 1/28 and am feeling great. My latest accomplishment is sleeping comfortably on both sides at night. Still sleeping about 10 hours per day. Over the last week I was able to touch my toes without discomfort and shave my legs. Wow, that was great! I am walking about 1 hour a day, but crave more exercise. Will be seeing my Dr. on 2/28 so hopefully I'll be cleared to do more then. My weight is the same as the day of surgery (gained 4.5 pounds the first week after surgery, but lost it since). No mini-periods so far -- hopefully that will never happen. Feeling better and better each day!
Unread 02-19-2005, 07:07 PM
itchy?

is anyone else irritated by the shaved areas? with hair now growing back?
Unread 02-19-2005, 07:18 PM

Rochelle,

At week two of recovery I had a prickly, slightly itchy feeling where the hairs were growing back. Now at the start of my fourth week, there is more new hair growth. Occasionally my lower lap incision bandage traps some of the new hairs and pulls them out. Of course, that's not very pleasant. I think it's a hoot to look in the mirror and see how different that area looks with the bare area!

Linda
Unread 02-19-2005, 07:52 PM

Hi girls!

So far, so good here.

Still having occasional sleeping issues, waking up somewhere between 1 am and 3 am, hard to get back to sleep. Cut my melatonin in half because it was giving me nightmares.

I still don't feel comfortable laying on my stomach very long, I guess that could be why I"m still having some trouble sleeping...used to sleep on my stomach a LOT.

I'm not having any pain or discharge. Just an occasional muscle twinge.

I went back to work this past week. Yay. My first day back I felt like I was in a fog, but it's feeling somewhat more normal now.

I play on an over 30 women's soccer team, I'm hoping to get back out on the field a bit next Sunday, this is the thing I am most looking forward to getting back to. I'm signed up to go to play in a tournament in Las Vegas the first weekend in April, I am Extremely excited about that.

I was telling my husband today how lucky I am, lucky that I have not had any complications, and lucky that I can look forward to at least part of my adult life without having a period! Sometimes when I start thinking about it, and the realization actually sinks in, I find myself feeling extremely happy and fortunate. As each day goes by in my recovery, and the surgery gets further and further behind me, I think, "This could really be very, very, cool!"

Prayers and Good luck to all the 3 weekers,

--QB

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register