Green Tea and Swelly Belly? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Green Tea and Swelly Belly? Green Tea and Swelly Belly?

Unread 02-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Green Tea and Swelly Belly?

Hi, I had the worse case of swelly belly. I looked pregnant. By the end of the day my skin would ache due to stretching. I was drinking tons of liquids to try to flush my body but nothing would work. I have a friend that kept trying to get me to try green tea to aide in my healing after surgery. I had also read on this site that green tea helps take the swelling down. After three and a half weeks of being uncomfortable I was willing to try anything. I drank green tea, 6 cups in one day. I went to bed and when I got up the following day my stomach was half the size. I have been drinking three to six cups a day and the swelling is so much better. I am not sure if it will work for anyone else but I wanted to put this out there just in case you want to try. My heart goes out to all my swelly belly sisters, it is not fun. Take care, LeeAnn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2005, 04:33 PM

I took green tea with mint with me to the hospital!!! It's helped with the swelly belly... I think and the gas too!!! I read a post on here pre-op that said that mint tea helps with gas, and had the green tea w/ mint at home, so I thought... Why not? It works for me... And it certainly can't hurt... unless you're allergic.

Stay Strong and Heal Well!!!
Unread 02-18-2005, 04:57 PM
GREEN TEA is my drink of choice

Hi Girls..........

I too Drink Green Tea!!!!!!!!! I started when I was hurting alot before my TAH/BSO .It was so good that I still drink it.......

Yes I still have swelly belly but not like I hear on here..... Thank God.......... I am still very tired by I am up and at work by 6:30am and by 1pm I want some streach pants........ But I am still able to stay in my jeans if I wanted..... but am so much more comfy with streach..........

Back t the Green Tea It also is helping keep the Flu bug away there are so many good things in it ..... It does speed up your Metobolism............. I lost 42 pounds 5 years ago and started to gain some back and than switched to tea (green) and wow that with a lower carb diet (not to low ) I do some pilates before of course and can't wait to start them again...........

OK anyone else with a good story .............

your sis
Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Thanks for info

I have green tea right here at home! I will give it a try.

Thank you!

I have used peppermint tea for settling my stomach and that worked for me.

Take care and heal well!!!

Cinderellen
Unread 02-18-2005, 06:37 PM

I am rushing to the cabinet for my green tea. Anything to get rid of this bulge! Will let you know if it works as well for me.

Thanks.
Unread 02-18-2005, 06:43 PM

Just a curious question about green tea.

Does it have caffeine like most tea? Can you get it without caffeine?

I am trying not to have caffeine. It makes my heart race, can't sleep, knotty and painful breasts.

Let me know what you think...

Jamie
Unread 02-18-2005, 07:00 PM

Yes, Jamie, you can get green tea in decaf. I have to be careful with caffeine intake, too.
Unread 02-18-2005, 07:04 PM

Thanks eeLan, I'll try it too. Couldn't hurt, and even it it doesn't help with the swelly belly I know it's good for me in other ways. I'll keep you posted on the results!
Unread 02-18-2005, 07:09 PM

I will try anything to get rid of this. I'll have to head to the store and get some. I so want the swelly belly gone!
Unread 02-18-2005, 07:16 PM

I also have found the green tea to help with the swelly belly!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register