My "Grannie panties" are driving me nuts!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My "Grannie panties" are driving me nuts!! My "Grannie panties" are driving me nuts!!

Unread 02-19-2005, 12:17 AM
My "Grannie panties" are driving me nuts!!

Hi ladies, it has been seven days I am a very happy princess, except for the "grannie panties"....they are driving me nuts! can anyone relate??

Happy Healing Sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2005, 12:25 AM

I wear mens boxerbriefs. I like Hanes. They go over your bellybutton and give good support. They also go down your legs a bit so you dont have elastic around your legs ,Hanes also just has a seem in front, smooth back. Give them a try.

Good luck all sisters!

Patsy
Unread 02-19-2005, 12:31 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to give the boxer's a try (after the bleeding has stopped???) I have worn them as PJ's on hot summer nights. I can't sleep bare.....to many what if's run through my head to get comfy. like what if the house caught on fire, would I have enough time to get dressed?? Or would I have to run outside in front of everyone in the B-day suit....oh NO!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2005, 01:09 AM

I was lucky not to have any bleeding so alot of the time I went "au naturel" since I was a little girl my Grandma always told me that area need to get some air so as a little girl I always slept without knickers under my nightie, I really think there's some truth to it!!
Unread 02-19-2005, 02:20 AM
I can totally relate!

Between the "granny panties" and the sweatpants I'm going insane.

I can't wait to get into my jeans, but I don't want to push it. I had a TVH Feb 1 and my tummy gets tender when I wear sweats with alot of elastic are the waistband.

You are not alone in your hate of the granny panties!!

JustineH
Unread 02-19-2005, 03:30 AM

I never wore granny panties because they drive me crazy. I wore my same old Jockey brand plain bikinis (not high rise, not real low). I also wore my baggiest pair of jeans home from the castle. At the castle within 2-3 hours after surgery my doctor had them put an abodominal binder on me which was so comfortable. I felt better if I had something supporting my belly than having stuff too loose. I used the binder 24/7 the first 10 days until I started noticing it making me hot so then I just wore it when I was up. By my 2 week check up I ddin't need it any more. I also spent a lot of time au natural in the day when I was home alone (just wore that binder). I know it bothers many of us princesses to have something touching their incision but from me I was so much more comfortable with the support.
Unread 02-19-2005, 03:59 AM
Grannie panties

I am relating to you..my surgery was on the 9th of this month..And the same thing that are driving you nuts is driving me nuts too..It is annoying..lol

Mariska
Unread 02-19-2005, 05:44 AM

Oh Yeah!
I can relate to that.
I can't wait to were my regular ones, The first 4 wks I wore
just a t-shirt to bed and around my bedroom and a bathrope
around the house. I don't put my "grannies" on unless I go out.

Lori
Unread 02-19-2005, 06:49 AM

I had trouble with any high waistepanties. I found some Hanes bikin, not real low, panties that are sort of boycut...like short, don't know what you call these. I got them in once size too big and they have been great! I have always worn white "grannies" becasue I like they way they kept my stomach looking flatter, but I just may have to convert to these little guys forever. They are comfortable and hit just about right to not accentuate my belly and they don't roll down.

Amazing what a simple thing lie doable panties will do for a girl's morale

Blessings,
Beth
Unread 02-19-2005, 08:55 AM

I can't help but laugh at the grannie panties! I, too wore them...in fact they were my mom's size ten! Talk about feeling unsexy! Blech!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am three and a half months post-op and girls, I'll tell you it does get better! I do still have swelling in my lower tummy but otherwise I am good. I did have to buy a different cut of jeans to wear. I found Levi's stretch lowriders exactly what I needed to feel like me again! I bought several pairs and now that is all I wear. We just got back from Las Vegas and I actually felt sexy and tucked in my shirt!
Remember to take these first 2 to 3 months and HEAL! That is what I did and I really feel like me again!
Good luck!
Les

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register