2 weeks post oppers.....how do you feel? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post oppers.....how do you feel? 2 weeks post oppers.....how do you feel?

Unread 02-19-2005, 01:48 PM
2 weeks post oppers.....how do you feel?

Hey Ladies.....I am 2 weeks post op and feel really good.....I have been doing almost all of my housework now (laundry, loading dishwasher, unloading it, cleaning bathrooms, etc.) What all are you doing? Same things??? I did make it to the grocery store today and the video store with my kids and I think I may have pushed it a little too far....I am swelling a lot now and hurting somewhat. Just wondered what all of you were doing at this point.

Unread 02-19-2005, 02:08 PM
2 weeks

Hi

I am almost 2 weeks but I have to say you are doing much more thank I am..I tried to do all that but started bleeding allot..So now I am relaxing and giving my body time to heal.. + ontop of it all I can tell you my hormones are all messed up..lol I am thinking I will never be the same again..maybe I did the wrong thing..but will never know..

You have a great day and keep up the confidance..

Mariska
Unread 02-19-2005, 02:12 PM

I am doing great. I had TAH BSO on 2-4. Went in to the office on Thurs and Friday for about 4 hours each day and felt fine. I run the company and just wanted to check on everything. I don't have a physically demanding job and do mostly paper/computer work in my office. I had been doing paperwork from home since I got home from the hospital, but really wanted to get out. I drove about the 5 min to work and it was no problem (made sure to use my squishy pillow). I know not to overdo it, but discussed with my Dr. the other day and he said to listen to my body.

Once I got the constipation and gas under control after week 1, the only thing I feel now is itching from the incision and some soreness. I was put on the patch while in the hospital, so I have no hormone issues right now.

I know everyone heals at their own speed and I will not overdue it (I have help w/housework and my husband does the cooking), but for me, I needed to get out of the house and enter the real world. I have never been one to stay at home for extended periods of time and getting out was healing for me.

I am so thankful that the surgery is behind me and it will only get better. (I am not naive enough to think there may not be a few bumps in the road--I will just deal with them if and when they come)

Good luck to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2005, 02:32 PM

I had my TAH/BOS on 2-7 and am doing well. I got out today to have my hair cut & colored :hair:. Also I have been driving short trips, went to movies yesterday and out to dinner. I'm just trying not to overdo things but my dr said if I feel up to it I can go back to work for 2-3 hrs a day this Monday(2 wks after surgery). I'm self-employed so I will leave if I get too tired. I hope you keep doing well and stay aware of your body. Good Luck!!
Unread 02-21-2005, 01:21 PM

Anna1968, My surgery was 2-3-05 and I had TAH/BSO and you and I seem to be doing about the same. I feel very blessed that I am doing so well,sometimes almost guilty and it's so hard not to over do! I still have trouble in the mornings with BM's but it's getting better. I'm starting to get bored and wanting to eat too much! For about 10 days after surgery nothing tasted good,well now I'm past that and everything taste good! I think it's so important to try and have a positive outlook and know things will get better. This is only temporary and we will survive! Julie
Unread 02-21-2005, 01:32 PM

I'm nearly there, had my TAH BSO on 2/8/05, so I'm officially 2 weeks tomorrow.
I'm doing well, very little pain. It's more of a discomfort now, unless I sneeze, and that still hurts, even with the pillow. BM's are no longer a problem, and the bladder discomfort I had is dissapating too. My incision is getting itchy, but looks good. All in all I'm satisfied with my rate of recovery. I rode with DH the 10 minutes to church yesterday, stayed an hour, and came home to rest. I don't feel like I overdid at all. DD is doing the housework, and I'm helping her to cook. I can sit at the breakfast bar and cut up veggies, etc. She does all the heavy lifting and stuff. DH is still pampering me. He's the most wonderful man in the world, sorry sisters. I'm not a candidate for HRT, so I've been going cold turkey, and so far so good. No icky or anything yet. I'm keepin' my fingers crossed too!
Unread 02-21-2005, 04:09 PM

I had my TAH BSO on 02-07-05. I am doing pretty good for the most part. I have really good days and really bad days. I did develope a bladder infection after the surgery due to the cathether and I am on antibiotics and anti-spasm meds for that. I am also on Flagyl as a prophalactic measure.

Today I am hurting so bad. I feel like someone is burning me with a hot poker all the way across my abdomen. I am out of pain meds and I am not sure what to do. My mother is here helping and she is leaving tomorrow. All I hear from her is "Your going to hurt, get used to it". I am not sure if I can handle this pain for much longer. I am not allowed to have Motrin or Asprin because I had gastric bypass in 2003. Tylenol is not helping at all and I am afriad that I am going to have to go to the ER which is 45 miles away in order to get any relief. I have tried heat and cold and neither has worked. Any ideas for me?

Amy
Unread 02-21-2005, 04:40 PM

Hi All!! I am also doing great and it's been only 3 weeks on Thursday! I feel almost back to normal. I'm doing all the chores, moderately, with help from the DS's. I return back to work on Wed for only 3hours but am looking forward to it. The only problem I'm having is the BM's. Any advice for me???????
Unread 02-21-2005, 05:00 PM

Wow I'm impressed. I will be 2 weeks post op this THursday and my doctor won't let me do anything yet. I can't drive until my 3rd week and no lifting of anything heavier then 5 lbs for 4 weeks. Over all I feel great. My DH has been my pillar thoughout this ordeal and makes it easy for me to do nothing. I would love to get out and drive but I have decided that I'm following the doctors order to a T......just have to tough it out I guess
Unread 02-21-2005, 09:00 PM

I'll be a 2 weeker tomorrow. Today I felt my best when I woke up and we had planned to go see DD and the grandbabies (4 years and 20 months) who live an hour away. Well, everything went great, but after being there for a little over 2 hours I was ready to come home.

My DH has been wonderful doing the cooking and cleaning and looking after me and making sure I don't overdo things. He's had abdominal surgery 3 tmes and knew better than me what to expect. I haven't done anything much yet other than making myself lunch on the days he works and I did unload the dishwasher, but did it in 2 stages.

It's just us at home now so things don't get too messed up anymore and I am enjoying being pampered and taking it easy until I go back to work. I have some inner achiness, but I'm sure it's all the healing and settling back down of everything they "played" with inside me. Right now the thing I miss the most is my bath, but even if it was allowed yet I can't imagine trying to get out of the tub

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register