Each day is one day closer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Each day is one day closer Each day is one day closer

Unread 02-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Each day is one day closer

Hi there,
I am 2 days out from my surgery and I am starting to fret. I have no one to talk to about it. Those that I do talk to are either worried to death or they are critical. My sister actually said "Are you still talking about that **** hysterectomy?! Don't you ever get tired of that." Well... no ... my God, it's my body that I'm talkin' about. Those that are worried are so worried that they can't even stand the sound of the word "hysterectomy". They pat me on the back and say how sorry they are. I am not sorry... I'm just scared. I am scared of the pain. I am scared of the immobility. I am scared of overburdening my husband. I am scared of alienating my dogs. I am afraid of going back to work and not being able to handle it. I am a teacher (6th and 7th grade Language Arts - English - in an Urban "ghetto". ) I am afraid of being thrown into Menopause and NOT coming out for the better. I'm just simply plain old scared.

HELP!
- KLZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2005, 09:48 PM

KLZ,
I know exactly how you feel. We have the same surgery date!! I have a DH and 3 DS's and believe me I have no one to talk to. They laugh at me as I am trying to buy the things I will need for the castle. The weird thing is that I never once have felt fear or anxiety about this surgery...........right now I am in fear that since I have a cold they will not do the surgery. I am on a 3 day Z-PAK and Mucinex and I am hoping to be better by my pre-op on Monday. I am also trying to quit smoking.....I have not had a cigarette since Thursday and I know that is not long but believe me it is hard!!!! My DH still smokes and that makes it a little tougher. I am having a TT 7 days after my HYST and the PS told me I had to quit for at least 10 days before my surgery!!!! TALK ABOUT STRESS!!!! hahha

I pray all goes well for you..............have a speedy recovery and I can't wait to hear how things went when you get home.

Kassso
Unread 02-19-2005, 10:17 PM

I totally understand. I try really hard not to think about it, but if I do I get sick at my stomach and my heart starts racing. I will probably be totally freaked out by next weekend. I am scared. Not only of the surgery, but all the other stuff that goes with it. Post-op, and how on earth will my house keep from falling down without me to run it. I just can't see my family doing all that I do. But.......you know what? They may fool me. I try to pray. Have faith. To think positive thoughts. And to listen to my sisters on here. I'm still scared, but know that this is the right thing to do. Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Good Luck

Hi to all of you! Don't be nervous! I know how you all feel, the only person I had to talk to about the surgery was my grandmother! I am only 32 years old and none of my friends understood at all. They were all just scared of the cancer that I had, I was also, but taking it one day at a time. I found this website and it was a godsend to me! It answered so many of my questions and I felt so much better visiting it everyday! Good luck to you guys! It is a piece of cake! God bless you all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register