Recocele? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-23-2005, 07:54 AM
Recocele?

I have to take it easy for a couple more weeks. My abdoman remains sore, so I don't know what is going on with it.

I am seeing a urologist this afternoon. I want the tests results explained to me and my bladder checked out. That area is what seems to stay so tender.

My gyn didn't say if I could exercise yet. I don't think so. I am afraid any kind of strain will make the cystocele bigger!I should have some answers later on this afternoon.

Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2005, 10:28 AM
Recocele?

Peggy,

My best buddy was my hot water bottle during my hysterectomy recovery. As a matter of fact I call it "my buddy" . I used to carry it with me everywhere I went. I had bad facia pain because when they did my SAH they found a cyst on my left ovary that started to bleed and they had to quickly stitch it up. I think they had to work fast and had to tie up some facia nerves quickly, so that's why I had this pain - from the ovary stitching and the extra facia stitching. Anyway. "My Buddy" was a very soothing friend in need and and friend in deed! Just in case you need some comfort for your aching tummy and you don't want to use any drugs. The ole' hot water bottle is a great alternative.

Terri,

I'll let you know how the appointment goes on March 2nd. Good luck with yours on March 1st. Thanks for the website info.

Lonny
Unread 02-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Recocele?

my appt. went ok. The urologist said there is nothing wrong with my bladder! It held 800 mls or whatever. He had me cough while lying down and I leaked, two times. He said it isn't too bad. He offered me biofeedback or tvt sling. I am going for the sling. This is what I was supposed to have put in during my posterior repair anyway.The urethra looses its seal when there is stress and so it leaks. This will be corrected with the tvt.

Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Recocele?

Peggy, Does this mean another surgery. I would not be to happy about it not being done with your last surgery. I hope all goes well.
Unread 02-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Recocele?

Peggy,

Good luck with your surgery. I have found a great improvement in my leaking since I started exercising, stopped drinking caffine and OJ. Caffine and OJ and other citric juices are supposed to aggrivate leaking. I have no idea why. So even after your surgery and your are back into exercising, if you experience a little leaking remember to avoid too much caffine and OJ. Did I tell you this before? I had a Burch Bladder lift with my SAH and I still had a little leaking afterward. But I was doing alot of caffine and didn't listen to them when they said, "You should really avoid caffine". Sometimes I'm so stubborn. Then when I got acid reflux I had to give it up and boy was I amazed. I can't wait to go back to my nurses and say "o.k. go ahead and say it - 'I told you so' ". They will get a kick out of that. Because they know how stubborn I can be at times.

Lonny

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register