Ask Doc about rectocele-please help-scared - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ask Doc about rectocele-please help-scared Ask Doc about rectocele-please help-scared

Unread 02-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Ask Doc about rectocele-please help-scared

redangel42

I know what you mean about the missing brain cells. You know what's so bad about your post. Nothing according to my book. It's weird because I totally understood what you were trying to say with the life limit of 5 pounds

I know I've tried everything else. I eat lots of fiber, drink a lot of water and keigels. How long were you on a soft diet and was it a recommendation from your doctor?

Thank you for your input. It's been really helpful. Just really nervous and scared. I don't want to miss anything with questions for my doc. She's one of the best and I wouldn't trade her for anything. She is very understanding and compassionate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2005, 06:24 PM

Hi VIO,

Yes, the soft foods was recommended by my doctor. And I'm glad he did because it made things easier.
So, those life limits are something to be proud of eh? I rather like my limit. My hubby keeps looking at me and saying, I bet that's more than five pounds. I drop it and he comes and pickes it up. That's fun.
Just make sure that you write down every question that you have. I kept mine on the computer and when I had a new one I ran in and typed it down. Then when I went to the doctor she looked at me and said, "So, do you have any questions?" I smiled and said SURE DO, and then handed her the page. Actually she was rather thrilled that she finally had a patient that had a lot of questions. I even asked her questions like, how long before I can ride on the back of a motorcycle, and how long before I can join curves, just everything that ran through my head I asked her.
Be sure to do that. You'll feel better having all those questions asked. And remember, the only silly question is the one that wasn't asked!
<---- my brain working too hard!
Unread 02-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Vio

Well, I did not have a soft food diet recommended after surgery. But I eat really healthy, and didn't have any trouble. After the first BM it did not hurt-there was not any pain. Actually things were a bit numb.

I was given the OK to drive after one week, and was back to full activities at 4 weeks post op (except for sex).

I actually didn't even hardly notice the repairs-just there was a hard lump there for a month or so until it healed. The doc said he used stitches that take up toe 3 to 4 months to dissolve because he wanted that area to get really strong. (actually I think that is what he said-I too can't remember exactly)

Lots of women go through this surgery OK. I am glad my BM's don't have to turn a corner anymore on their way out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2005, 08:40 PM

Hi,

You have received some great advice here. I will share with you my recent story as it involved 2 surgeries not quite 4 months apart. My biggest fear was that this would be the beginning of surgery after surgery. Maybe it was a premonition. I'm almost to the point now where i feel like I'm getting my life back after dealing with this "crap" for 7 months.
I opted for a LAVH/BSO with bladder repair on 9/30/04.Recovery went very smoothly. Very little pain, took 11 days to pee on my own and I was back to work in 18 days. It was almost immediately apparent that the repairs uncovered an existing rectocele. Sooo, on 1/20/05 I went in for posterior repair and a uterosacral ligament suspension as the first suspension was already beginning to fail. I was supposed to go home within 2 hours of surgery, but there were some troubles with pain meds in the recovery room and they didn't want to send me home without knowing what the pain meds were going to do. In the end there was no problem, but they erred on the side of caution which was good for me. I was home by noon the next day. I was sent home with percocet and Ibuprofen, but didn't take anything after the 5th day. Really not much pain at all. I had continued taking the stool softeners since the initial surgery in Septmeber. They are great as I often had hard stools prior to surgery. It was uncomfortable sitting for several weeks. I had to sit on one hip or the other, but it wasn't too bad. I was back to work in 10 days. Only missed 8 days of work. Tomorrow it will be 6 weeks since surgery. I had my post op check up on Monday Dr said everything looked GREAT and DH and I could resume sex. I've been a little too nervous to take that step yet, but with the great help I find here, I'm sure things will go smoothly.
Hope this helps.
Unread 02-23-2005, 09:54 PM

bubbles57,
You went back to work after 10 days, do you have a physical job? I have two jobs, one is a very physical job and not sure if I could do it after major repair and 10 days. The other, sometimes I have to sit alot but I can get up and move around, but there will be some occasions even on that one that I will have to push or pull heavy boxes.
Unread 02-28-2005, 09:55 PM

VIO

Sorry, I haven't responded. I haven't been around for awhile. I do not have a physically demanding job. I teach, so i can get up and down as I wish. It's been 5 weeks since the posterior repair and I spent about 4 hours in a car on Friday. I could feel it on saturday, when I had to do some extended sitting again. I found out I really shouldn't over do sitting The hard lump that some talk about after posterior repair is getting better. Dr. said it could take up to a year for ALL the hardness to go away.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register