Now, I've done it..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Now, I've done it..... Now, I've done it.....

Unread 02-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Now, I've done it.....

What problems can be caused by having intercourse too early after H? My Dr. and his nurse was off Friday, so I did not get to ask him. We moved forward this weekend. Had a little lite bleeding afterwards, and at times (during the act) was a little sore. New romance to blame. I feel guilty, and a little embarrassed, my surgery was only 10 days ago. I only told SO that I had a little "female" surgery. I am 43.

TAVH-took ovaries, and all. Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Now, I've done it.....

Surgery only ten days ago, and you had intercourse? All I can say is, excuse me while I faint.

Whew. How did you manage that? I was still worrying about how to get upstairs to the bedroom, trying to get around, but I had an abdominal hyst.

More power to you, Wonderwoman!
Unread 02-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Now, I've done it.....

I sure would not do this again. You had MAJOR surgery and you have many internal stitches, they removed an organ for heavens' sake. There is a reason the doctors say wait 6 weeks. You are asking for and inviting in a major infection!! I would tell my doctor if I were you asap. You do not want an abdominal infection, I spent two weeks in the hospital a couple of years ago for one after one of my laps. It was awful.
I am sorry if this sound harsh, but that really was not a wise thing to do!
I pray you will be okay and this will not impede your recovery in anyway.
Carrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Now, I've done it.....

Risk of infection is a big reason not to do it!
Unread 02-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Now, I've done it.....

I read on another site that one other reason for not doing it too soon is because it puts extra pressure into the abdomen. There is so much healing and tenderness in there we have to protect it.

LOL, to the fainter! I admit having to pick my jaw up after reading it. VBG 10 days! My gosh, I can't believe it even sounded good at that point. At 10 days I was proud that I could manage to get my own shoes on! LOL
Unread 02-21-2005, 07:59 AM
Now, I've done it.....

Hi Ruth D

If you haven't already called your doctor, you should. Having intercourse so soon after surgery can cause major complications which could require further surgery. You are also at risk for infection if you are not fully healed. Please call your doctor and let him know what you have done. Also, do not have intercourse again until your doctor examines you and tells you that it is okay to resume having sex.

A hysterectomy is more than a "little "female" surgery" and you need to allow yourself time to heal. To impress how serious this could be, please click to read Do I really have to wait six weeks to have sex?

I hope everything checks out okay for you. Let us know what your doctor says.

s
Unread 02-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Now, I've done it.....

Hi Ruth.

You really must not make love again till you get the all clear.:eyes: My Dr gave me it at 5 weeks and then I was still a little sore when I first tried.

The biggest risk is that of infection, it can because by the sperm entering in to the wound or you could rip the stiches internally. Please call your Dr and tell him what you have done and seek some medical advice.

Take care and you will have to go solo in outer course for a while.

Tricia x x x
Unread 02-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Now, I've done it.....

Sounds more like torture, not romance, to me!
Unread 02-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Now, I've done it.....

Dear sister! I too almost lost my cookies after reading that. I could not fathom sex right now (not that I don't want it). I"m happy to be able to shower on my own and walk around at this point an mine was 2 weeks ago today! We all know how utterly frustrating it it- but sweetie- do tell your Dr. A little honesty and embarassment are worth it when it comes to your health. Happy healing.

Jenny
Unread 02-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Now, I've done it.....

I can't imagine having sex at 10 days post op. Not only the pain, but it is so risky for infection.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register