8 weeks anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 weeks anyone? 8 weeks anyone?

Unread 02-21-2005, 08:13 PM
8 weeks anyone?

Are there any 8 week-ers left out there? How is everyone doing?
Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2005, 02:17 AM
8 weeks anyone?

Dear Pat,
I will be 8 weeks tomorrow and so glad I am FINALLY starting to feel myself. I had several set backs and complications and a couple of extra surgeries in my recovery time but I can say I am on the downside to this mountain. YAY me! I go back to see the doctor on Wednesday and pray she gives me the OK for DH and I to finally make love. I have been waiting far too long and I know I have NOT lost my sex drive! I hope to be posting alot more good reports in the next few weeks. And glad to hear someone else besides me spent ringing in their New Year on pain meds and being the princess!
Unread 02-22-2005, 11:59 AM
8 weeks anyone?

Hello - I had my surgery on Dec 23rd so passed the 8 week mark last Thursday. (Of course that meant being out of it for Christmas and New Years!)I had to have a second surgery 4 weeks post TAH due to internal bleeding and then intensive nursing visits until this morning when I am now healed well enough to not need them any longer. I feel great, with the exception of my incision from the second surgery, which is still tender and not fully healed. I am fully active again and feeling fine - a bit tired but not too bad. I have no discomfort at all internally. Back to work tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2005, 05:53 PM
8 weeks anyone?

Glad to hear you gals are doing good. I am back to work - this is my 2nd week - and am also finally feeling pretty good. Lifting is still hard but I've resumed all other activities. Can't say that I'm glad that includes housework though LOL.

kmcheney - good grief! You sure had a rough road. I'm glad you're feeling better finally!

Pat
Unread 02-22-2005, 07:18 PM
8 weeks anyone?

I'm at eight weeks tomorrow too and I have to say, I'm feeling pretty good [well, except that it was much more fun being home than having to go to work!]. My recovery went pretty fast--except for the tiredness. I got my staples out on day 3 and never had any problems with the incision or anything else. Got cleared for the sex stuff at 6 1/2 weeks.

This weekend, the kids were sick with flu and I was running back and forth with meds and demands but really didn't feel bad. I did get tired so I would take a nap when the kids took their nap.
That said, my D-husband is annoyed at me about this weekend and thinks I was doing too much. IMHO, there's not much you can do when the little ones are sick and want mama. I spent the day at work and am still feeling okay except for the normal "blech! work" sort of feeling.

Now I'm wondering if I will get sick---I mean I cannot be more rested after 6 weeks home--- and with all those neo-natal vitamins I was taking before the surgeryso my immune system must be doing well. We shall see because now husband is sick too.
Unread 02-22-2005, 07:39 PM
8 weeks anyone?

I am also 8 weeks tomorrow. YIPPEEEEEE!!! And I'm feeling sooooooooooooo much better. It's a good thing because it's back to work on Monday. My only fear is that my work clothes will be too snug (Thank you Swelly Belly) *punch*
The last 3 weeks or so, I've improved by leaps and bounds. But looking back, after the first few weeks it wasn't all that bad (maybe it's just my poor memory).
Due to the physical demands of my job, my DR suggested Physical Therapy What a blessing that turned out to be. It's nice having someone there to encourage you but not push it too far.
Good luck to all!
Unread 02-22-2005, 07:58 PM
8 weeks anyone?

I am 8 weeks today! I have been feeling good - just normal aches and pains. My hemoglobin is still low - 9.9 but much better than what it was before surgery. Was cleared for exercise - now just need to get off my rear and do it!

Glad to hear that all of us seem to be healing well.
Unread 02-22-2005, 08:21 PM
8 weeks anyone?

Well, I had my surgery on Dec. 21st, so I'm a little bit more than 8 weeks. I am back to work, although by Wed. last week I had just had enough! I stayed home on Thurs. and went back Friday. Then we had a holiday and an extra day off today, so it's 3 day week this week! Other than being tired after working all day, I'm doing great! Back to having sex, although it's with a condom since Dr. wanted to be sure I was all healed. I see him on Friday and I hope that's the last we'll see of those rubber monsters! Geesh! DH has a vasectomy and I have a hyst. and here we are using condoms! Go figure!!

I also would rather stay home than go to work, but someone has to pay the bills!

Virginia
Unread 02-22-2005, 10:33 PM
8 weeks anyone?

I'm 8 weeks as of last Thursday so my Christmas was totally screwed up too. (I was misdiagnosed by the surgeon as having cancer thus the need to schedule surgery over the holidays. Another patient's pap was placed in my chart and the MD didn't check to make sure it was mine. Thankfully it was all a mistake.)

I went back to work 1/2 days on Feb. 7 and continued working 1/2 days for two weeks. I'm back full time this week. I'm so glad that I went back 1/2 days as my Reg. MD insisted. I was absolutely dragging the first few days back.

I too am feeling much better. I do get fatigued more easily and need to make sure I get 8 hours of sleep. I still have some pain on my right side. Surgeon told me I could have that up to 4 months as that's where he knotted off the incision. Anyone experiencing an emotional roller coaster? I kept both ovaries but there are days I burst into tears over the dumbest stuff. Surgeon didn't mention a thing about this and I'm wondering if I need to check this out. Is this normal?

I am really distressed over the size of my stomach. I was in excellent shape prior to surgery with a flat stomach. Now it looks like one bloated lump from below my belly button to right above my incision. I'm very concerned that this is going to be a permanent part of my anatomy and a reminder of my surgery. My surgeon just dismisses it as "no big deal". Believe me it literally is a big deal. I feel as if the spirit of Burl Ives is channeling into me via my stomach. My surgeon told me to start doing sit ups and leg lifts at 4 weeks to help the problem. It is really strange how many differences there are among surgeons. Mine is very liberal and cleared me for all activity at 4 weeks when I had my final check up with him. Reg. MD is much more conservative and has said "no sit ups or leg lifts" for several more months. I don't know what to do. I trust Reg MD more so have been following his more conservative guidelines.

I just want to be back to normal, pre op health. I never experienced any negative symptoms prior to surgery so I've never viewed my SAH as a relief. My huge fibroid was discovered by my Reg. MD by chance when I went in for a sinus infection in mid December. It's been one fun time ever since!

The end is in sight....I hope!

Songtch
SAH/12-23-04/kept ovaries and cervix/removed football sized fibroid/age 45

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register