Post Hysterectomy problems | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Hysterectomy problems Post Hysterectomy problems

Unread 02-23-2005, 05:06 AM
Post Hysterectomy problems

It's two weeks today since I had a LATVH because of prolapses of the uterus, bladder & bowel. I was told I also needed vaginal wall repairs to solve bladder & bowel problems but for some reason they weren't done. I developed a cough after the op and I'm sure I've done damage. 4 days ago I started bleeding heavily which has now slowed a little. I also feel the bowel prolapse has got worse as the only way I can now open my bowel is to insert fingers into vagina to push prolapse back. I'm in pain because of this and I feel as if I'm in a worse position since I had the op. my doctor wasn't much help and has just told me to rest. I'm pretty desperate for any help and advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2005, 06:17 AM

Hi, I haven't had my surgery yet, but I have been doing alot of research.Maybe try stool softners and eat foods with lots of fiber. I have problems now with going to the bathroom because of my urinary prolapse, so I try to eat friut and I take fiber choice chewable tablets.They do seem to help.Also make sure that your doctor seems to understand the problems that your having.If they don't maybe it's time to get another doctor.Hope I could help. J.D.
Unread 02-23-2005, 06:48 AM

i would be at the doctor's office, sounds like you are pretty uncomfortable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2005, 08:31 AM

Hi Sue,

I'm so sorry you are having all these problems. Resting is always good,and I'm glad to hear the bleeding slowed down. Do I understand that you did talk to the dr? Did you see him?
You have a right to know why they didn't do the other repairs and to understand what is happening now and what can be done about it. Maybe it was just too much to do all at once.
There may be a very good reason, but for your own peace of mind I would suggest that you make a list of all your questions and concerns, go back to the dr and take another person with you. This way you will have another pair of ears to help you remember what he says and if there are things you need clarified they could even help you say what you need to say.
You have a lot of healing that needs to happen so please be patient and take it very easy. I know it is hard to be patient. That is especially so if you don't understand why you are feeling as you do. If you don't feel you are getting the answers you need from this dr, please don't hesitate to get another opinion.
I hope you feel better soon. Let us know what happens.

's, Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register