DH and I finally got to do IT - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

DH and I finally got to do IT DH and I finally got to do IT

Unread 02-24-2005, 07:27 PM
DH and I finally got to do IT

Hey ewok, you're off to a good start.

Biobabe...take care with the 3 things you mentioned. Remember, it's the bacteria contamination that is half the worry and half the reason for no sex (or other things) until you're released.
take care,
Maralyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2005, 08:23 PM

GEEZ...I'm sooooo jealous! I've been cleared for almost 2 weeks now and DH is still too scared! I'm totally ready for it...I even did the "brazil wax"! He just doesn't want to hurt me...GRRR...the frustration of it all!!!!!!
Unread 02-25-2005, 04:38 AM

Ewok,

I am so very happy to read your experience! I have been worried that the first time will be difficult! I still have 4 weeks but my DH has been so sweet that I feel more attracted to him than ever! I can't wait and neiother can he - but of course we will until DR says ok, no sense in ruining the rest of the year!

Oh, by the way thanks for the "virgin" comment! I haven't been called that for a longggggg time!

Hugs & Congrats! Lily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2005, 11:21 AM

I am 4 weeks, and the DH is lookin goooood, but my tummy doesn't feel ready for any jostling! Thanks for the encouraging words though -- soon!

I love this site... where else could ya talk about such stuff & know that you're not alone?? LOL

My hunny & I did some serious kissing 10 days post op & I was DELIGHTED to feel that things were still working, even if I couldn't do anything about it yet! I cannot wait to get my release, but am a bit worried about how it will feel inside. Like how far up is my cervix now & will it hurt if it gets "bumped? Anyone have a clue?
Unread 02-25-2005, 11:43 AM

Hi all! Well I'm 4 wks out and have a confession. Me and my DH kindof did it on Wed. morning. I haven't been cleared yet (bad girl) my appointment is next Friday but my Dr had said preop that I should be ok to resume SEX around 4 wks. The mood just hit that morning and in my mind I just thought we could get away with some ``outercourse''. We were both on our sides facing eachother and it just happened. ooppsss!!! lol We were both alittle nervous about being active again but everything worked out just fine! Yippy!

I did try self ``outer'' stimulation a few days before just to see if things were the same as before my operation and was surprised to find that they were. I wanted to be prepared before I was with him just to see for myself. I think it's a good thing for women if their comfortable with that. I had questions about how the big ``O'' would feel without a uterus. I always thought the uterus contracted when you had the big ``O'' so how can you have one without the uterus!? Well I guess I was wrong about how much the uterus has to do with it because my big ``O'' felt the same....maybe even better then before.

I did have a little cramping for a few hours afterward but that went away. I do recommend that you wait for the OK from the Dr. I don't plan on doing anything again until after next Friday. We just got carried away like you do when you are young and in love remember that feeling?......

Thanks for sharing you experiences i hope mine wasn't to X rated. lol Good luck to those who still have to wait I think when the time comes you too will be pleasantly surprised!

Take Care!
Unread 02-25-2005, 06:21 PM

I'm only 3 days shy of 3 weeks, but my libido has been whoa!!! Hubby and I have done the "outer thingy". I know...I know, BUT! It was great! I too thought about what about the cervix and uterus and what roll they played with the big "O" , but all was very well, and just to take it easy. I can't wait to really let loose!

Sherrie
Unread 02-25-2005, 07:08 PM

I am new here and have been lurking about for the past couple of hours. I'm still in the "considering a total hyst" stage and wanted to read some posts on post surgery to see if they were all bad.

LOL! What a wonderful surprise to find this thread! It helps the anxiety LOADS and I appreciate ya'll being so candid.

Nice to see all you need to have an orgasm is a clitoris!
Unread 02-25-2005, 09:44 PM

tink 31:
Can you give us any hints about the "certain positions" that your dr. recommended?

I'm 7 wks post op - and due to what the dr. says is "slow healing", DH and I have to wait another week. It's been so long that I'm kindof nervous about the first time. Anxiously awaiting one more week.

Thank you "sisters"! This site has been my lifesaver!
Unread 02-25-2005, 10:43 PM

(((ewok) I am glad to hear that you have been cleared to resume sex and it went well. Once you are cleared it's good to find out that the wait was worth it. Enjoy life post-op.

A word of caution to the ladies still waiting to be cleared:

Ladies,

After my hysterectomy when I went for the 6 week post-op exam my doctor discovered I had some granulation on the vaginal cuff - if I had attempted sex prior to being examined I could have torn the cuff open and caused serious and possibly permanent damage. It is best not to resume intercourse until your doctor examines you - no matter how good you may be feeling. I was glad I waited until my body was completely healed - the wait was worth it.

You need to be safe and have your doctor clear you for any kind of sexual activity, including "outercourse". It is safer to call your doctor and ask what is ok for you - doctors have different recommendations. Surgeries are different, bodies heal differently, and sometimes additional repairs have been done in addition to the hysterectomy. Some doctors say "outercourse" and orgasm are find during recovery and some doctors do not want you to have any sexual activity. It is important to check with your own doctor about what you can and cannot do. Be safe.

Check out this article:

Do I really have to wait six weeks to have sex?

(((nthornson))) When I was cleared to resume sex I was told that for the first few times it can be a good idea for the woman to be on top so that you can control the depth of penatration - try to relax and go slowly at first to make sure your body feels comfortable. It may also be a good idea to have some lubrication handy in case you need some. (KY or Astroglide, for example). I kept my ovaries after my hysterectomy and had no hormone changes so I did not need additional lubrication; some ladies have said they had more vaginal dryness after surgery so the lubrication can be very helpful.

Unread 02-26-2005, 07:58 AM
sex

hi everyone i want too thank you all for you great input on sex my dr. says none till after 4 weeks. i am really nervous.i had a tah eveything is gone.we had a pretty good sex life before,so i am wondering whats its goona feel like .i am like most of you its been allmost 4 weeks and hubby is looking yummy.he has been patience .i got a lot of good feedback here it does make you feel better when someone else is going thru it also.i go back for post op appt. on the 10th of march.i am very glad too hear you can still have an orgasim my dr. said i would be able too but hes a man huh its nice too hear it from women that know,besides thats what its all about anyway.again thanks all anita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register