adhesions, adhesions - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

adhesions, adhesions adhesions, adhesions

Unread 02-25-2005, 02:43 PM
YUP YUP

Yep, I am in PM...my doc is great. I take Topamax, Oxycontin, and percocet for breakthrough pain. but before I got here I took other things that were non-narc. I also do yoga, massage therapy, and have done acupuncure and have seen an herbalist and have had Reiki. I've done it all! I have a very open mind.

Pain management docs are your best bet because they know what the hell they are doing and will treat you with the utmost respect--which you DESERVE as a person in pain. Unfortunately, many other docs do not understand that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2005, 11:11 AM
could I have adhesions?

I have been experiencing cramping and pain on my left side that was a very familiar pain that I experianced before my TAH/BSO.
That was back in Jan 03.
Right before my 2nd anniversary, the pain has been rather nasty on two occasions. The last being yesterday.
The pain takes my breath away and can make me feel nauseated.
It seems that taking alot of asprin doesn't help, and I took half a percocet. It only took the edge off.
It was as if the endo had come back and I was having a another horrid period.
Are these signs of adhesions? I am scheduled for my well-woman exam on March 18th.
I don't want to be a big baby, but the pain is terrible. Do I need to address this with the doc? He did such a good job with my hysterectomy and I don't want him to think he failed.
I've read that adhesions and scar tissue are common after hysterectomies. Laa Laa needs advice!
Thanks Ladies
Unread 02-26-2005, 11:22 AM
adhesions, adhesions

Laalaa -
Can you describe the pain? Adhesions usually feel like a "tugging" in you abdomen. Do you have a history of Cysts? Or of endo? I'm not real familiar with endo - but the other sisters have said that you can get endo even after your hyster. If you are have severe pain - I'd call your Gyn right away! If it is altering your day at all (ie - making you stay in bed) then it warrents a phone call or trip to doctor!!! If it's just an annoyance, then it's up to you. But you should NEVER feel like you are a Baby because you are calling your doctor. Remember, the doctor is working FOR you - we pay them to treat us!!!!

Take care!!! Let us know how you are doing!

Cortney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2005, 11:29 AM
possible adhesions

cmharmon (cortney)....
I had hysterectomy for endo.
The pain is like having a period without the blood.
Upper back hurts, same area it did before surgery. The first thing I think of is oh my the endo is back.
Really bad cramping.
Thanks for you help!!!!
Vicki
Unread 02-26-2005, 12:55 PM
adhesions, adhesions

Vicki,

I also had my TAH for endo so I know what it feels like. I can honestly say that when I first had adhesion pain, it felt a lot like endo pain and maybe that was because I had adhesions from the endo too, I don't know, but I do know they felt very similar. Severe crampy stabbing pulling pain. If you are having these symptoms, you need to see your doc. You can not worry about him thinking he failed. My GYN had to do 3 surgeries on me, 2 for adhesions. You should not have to suffer, please call your doc and since you are having nausea too, this needs to be done. Endo can come back after hyst---it has never returned in my case, but there are sisters here that it has returned. Call on Monday and set up an appt, don't wait until your well appt.
please keep us updated.
Unread 02-26-2005, 02:14 PM
adhesions, adhesions

my ob/gyn just referred me to pain mgmt. they give me 30 lortabs a mos just for intolerable pain. i wished tylenol worked!
Unfortunately, the pain is not any better than it was 6 mos ago. hard to believe its been that long. i am upset that of all my friends and family who have taken this road before, I'm the one who had the adhesions....yep, having a pity party today.

i have tried everything from antidepressants, water exercise, walking, but most activity brings on pain. i do take the stairs at work and walk as much as i can. i have journaled and there doesn't seem to be a cause that brings on the chronic pain. some days are better than others, but most each day I experience pain. after reading this trhead, i decided to go ahead and give them a call next week. for those of you who have seen pm dr's what do they tell you about long range plans? does it ever go away or get better? i was given a prescription for topomax for every day headaches. i take darvocet for those. today is the first time i have had a pharmacist or tech ask me why i'm taking darvocet and lortabs....UGH wish I wasn't in pain, I'd love to be med free...! what a dream

well thanks, for those who have seen pain management drs' tell me its better? i'd love to hear those two words. and anything else you can think of. mostly if there has been any "known" reasons for the pain? thanks for listening. its been awhile since i've posted, i am sort of depressed about it because i just got my two kids married last year, my dh and i are so looking forward to a free, full of sex! LOL house! where you don't have to worry about dressing up and now most of the time i'm too tired and hurting to enjoy much of anything and an orgasm is out of the question...its been 8 mos. and we have really enjoyed that part of our life before..please help me! yes, I'm on Lexipro! those are the only meds i take daily....Estratest andd Lexipro....and pain meds as needed.
Unread 02-27-2005, 04:26 PM
adhesions, adhesions

Laalaa - I agree with Marian - call your doc and let them know what is going on. See if you can't move your appointment up! Or if not, maybe you can have some tests done before your appointment (Ultrasound or CT) so you can discuss your results when you get in - and get some meds to help control your pain until you get in this month! But by all means, let them know something is going on! Good luck! I hope you find some relief!

TWhite -
I'm so sorry you are feeling so bad! Adhesions are quite the monster! Did I read correctly??? You are taking Darvocet and Loratab? Did the same doc perscribe both? No wonder your pharmasist asked you about them! (Do you feel like you are walking around in a fog? ) I guess that's one nice thing about the PM doctor - she is now the one doctor controlling all of my meds. (I signed a contract stating that I would not take meds from other docs without her knowledge, or she would no longer treat me - except in emergency situations.) My PM put me on topamax and Lodine for the adhesions, because I wanted to stay away from the narcotics if at all possible. I lived on narcotics up until my hyster - and it wasn't much of a life! She said that there were so many treatment options available that she didn't see any reason why we would couldn't stay away from them. I have been completely happy with my new meds. It's been a little over a month, and I feel great. It may not work for everybody - but I never would have dreamed that I'd feel this good without being doped up on pain killers!!!! And the best part is (and sorry if this is way too much information girls!!!!) I can have sex AND IT DOESN'T HURT!!!!! !!!

When I met my PM she told me, "There is not a cure for Adhesions and CPP - but Pain is treatable. And that will greatly improve your quality of life." I couldn't agree more!

Please let us know how you are doing!!! I hope you are feeling better soon!

All the best!
Cortney

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register