I'm still here! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm still here! I'm still here!

Unread 02-24-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm still here!

Hi girls, I'm still around for anyone that remembers me and still continue to battle my bladder (IC and prolapse) and bowel ? problems.....I recieved a promotion in Jan and things have gone from hectic to way beyond control so I never had time to check in with the sisters anymore

I've also been having alot of pain in my right eye and trouble with my balance, which has me off for rounds of neurological tests this month to see what's causing this......it has been scary but I've seen an excellent neuro-opthamologist that I had to hunt down on my own and he has been extremely helpful....and strangely he thinks all my symptoms might be connected (bladder, bowel, balance, pain in my eye) so we'll see.

big hugs for all my sisters......it's been 5yrs for me today I think since my hyst and while I'm still having some health problems (to put it mildly) at least the ones that caused me to have the hyst are gone....I don't know what I would've done over the last 5yrs without you all and will still be visiting for many more I"m sure...hope you are all doing ok!

PS. I've now lost 31lbs since going off the bcp!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2005, 12:52 PM
I'm still here!

((((Hugs)))) Gidge!!!
I'm sorry to hear your still experiencing the same issues It sounds like you found an excellent Dr to help try and get to the bottom of the source though, good luck in finding some answers

Congrats on your promotion and weight loss That is awesome...

I have been wondering about you, I was glad to see your post
I do hope you will drop by as time allows and keep us posted on your progress....((((hugs))))
Unread 02-24-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm still here!

Hey Sheri great to hear from you

I hope you are doing ok , one of these days I have to take an afternoon and go through a pile of posts and see how everyone is! I miss you all and hope you are doing ok! 's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2005, 11:50 PM
I'm still here!

Hi Gidge,
It's nice to see you here again, but sorry to see your still have problems. Let us know what the Dr. say's, I'm curious as to the connection between all your conditions. Take care.
Unread 02-25-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm still here!

Oh ((((Gidge)))) while it's always great to hear from you, I'm so sorry you're having all these problems. I can only imagine how scary it's been Sounds like you've found a great doctor

Congrats on the promotion: change is always nerve wracking, but this is good change!!!

I do hope that your doctor finds what's going on and that, finally, you get relief from all this grief.
Unread 02-25-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm still here!

[size=large]

Gidge,

Congrats on the promotion

I have been thinking about you! And how you were doing. I am praying that you will find the answers to your health problems soon!

's

Patty
[/size]
Unread 02-28-2005, 06:00 AM
came looking for old friends to!!

Hey Kiddo!!

I'm sorry your still haveing so many issues sweetie, but it sounds like life in general is going great!!

Congrats on the promotion.....you must be doing a fantastic job considering all you are still going thru. Be proud!!

Five years eh?? WOW It doesn't seem that long at times does it? I was thinking just the other day how my hyster was 2 and a half years ago and sometimes it feels like yesterday and sometimes it seems eons ago.

It's great to hear from you again!

Dawn
Unread 02-28-2005, 08:57 AM
((((((((((Gidge))))))))))

Sister,

I wanted to pop in to say "Hello" as well as Congrats on your promotion, as well as the weight loss

We have been on this road together (along with many other dear sisters) for many years. I want you to know that even though we are not in touch as much, that you are still in my heart and prayers. I too do not know what I would have done without all of you...

Please let us know how you make out with this new doc - who BTW sounds amazing. You just never know where / when / who will solve the mystery...

S
Unread 03-01-2005, 12:37 PM
I'm still here!

hi girls sorry this is my first chance to get back to y'all and say thanks and hi!!!

the weird thing about this doc is he's a neuro-opthamologist who would've thunk it would be him to put 2+2 together and say hey I think you might have ________.

(the reason that is blank is we don't know , he just says its possible so that's why we're testing me now I figure if I don't say it then I'm not jinxing myself)

as usual I"m in the predicament of half hoping he's right so we'll be able to treat me and half hoping he's wrong so I don't have it.....we'll see...

...it is so darn good to hear from all of you and am always reminded when I come here how much I miss you all and how much better after I feel after talking with you.....you are all in my heart as well and I think of you often I just don't get the time to get her and always post!

I had a test last Fri where they cover one eye and flash lights at you and you have to click this little button when you see it, the right eye (which is where the pain is) seemed to go half decent but halfway thru doing the left I was seeing double of everything so I don't know what that means......my next test is on the 7th and it's called a VEP.....wish me luck girls

the bladder still rages.....sometimes I don't think this recent hydrodistension and fulguration helped but then I remember he blasted those ulcers off the inside of my bladder and I don't suppose they can stay in there so I guess no matter what it had to be done and will likely need to be again...and maybe I'm still healing who knows (It was the end of Oct though....?) I just keep taking my meds and about once a week it gets so bad I have to use one of the B&O suppositories which make it feel perfect in about 20min......unfortunately it's belladonna and opium and I don't think that's something I can be or want to be using everyday......

thanks for listening and 's to everyone god I've missed you!
Unread 03-07-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm still here!

Hi girls well update so far is that I have 3mm of "inflammation" behind my right eye but they don't know why.....and I have a 8mm "pineal cyst" in my brain but apparently it's stable and has been there for awhile so they don't think it's the cause of the pain in my eye or cause for loss of balance/cognitive problems etc......I guess I"ll find out more when I see the Neurologist on the 4th.....the neuro-opthamologist i was seeing that was so helpful the first time was much less helpful this time and said he thought that maybe we wouldn't figure it out afterall??? I don't know why these docs can be so wishy washy....last appt he swore he would get to the bottom of it

my GP also tried to put me back on Atarax for my bladder on the weekend which just knocked me on my butt for like 24hrs.....can't handle that stuff it sends me for a loop and didn't help my bladder at all so I'm not taking anymore of that

if anyone else has one of these pineal brain cysts let me know.....it's kinda got me freaked out.....also he said it might be something called a neuro sarcoid causing my problems but didn't elaborate on that either, like I say he was having a very unhelpful day

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register