Bleeding two years after a Total Hysterectomy and pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding two years after a Total Hysterectomy and pain Bleeding two years after a Total Hysterectomy and pain

Unread 02-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Bleeding two years after a Total Hysterectomy and pain

I had my TVH over Two years ago and exprienced bleeding today after intercourse. I also have pain in my lower abdomen and diarrea every day. My nrver have gotten worse too, I am now on Elavil along with estrogen I also still have back pain . I thought this was a cure, this surgery , but I am getting worse please someone tell me what the heck is wrong!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2005, 11:15 PM

Hello,
Please call Dr. and tell them whats going on. There are to many possiblity's of what it could. It might not be serious, but you need to know what it is. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 02-24-2005, 11:25 PM

Hello,

So sorry you are still having problems. I don't think is unusual to have bleeding after intercouse after a hysterectomy. I think it has something to do with the vaginal tissues being thin and maybe due to dryness. I am trying Replens and KY long lasting moisturizer, seems to be doing better.

As far as the abdominal pain and diarrhea, you might have another problem such as IBS or spasmastic colon. You probably need to consult your GP. There are many drugs they can give you to relax the colon and bowels, might help your nerves too.
They will probably suggest something like Metamucil or citrucel also.

Don't despair, there is an answer and a solution to your problems!

Take care,
Jeannie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2005, 11:58 PM

Remember also that the ovaries are part of the endocrine system and, as such, they play a part in digestion, urinary and bowel functions. (Just to name a few.) If you are not getting the correct levels of hormones in your body you could have problems with everything you mentioned.

Also, many doctors believe that anti-depressants can block your body's estrogen receptors and therefore, make the problems worse. This is a controversial subject, but from what I've read and studied, I tend to believe HRT and anti-depressants are not a good mix. It sure didn't work for me but a good work up with a reproductive endocrinologist and the right doses of hormones worked wonders.

I hope you can get the right help soon. Please make an appointment soon.

Hugs,
Unread 02-25-2005, 06:52 PM

Oh ((((Deirdre)))) I'm so sorry you're going through all of this

Please, do call your doctor: while this may all be due to hormonal issues, sudden bleeding this long after your hyst needs to be addressed. If the bleeding persist, please head for the ER: it's always best to err on the side of caution.

Hang in there (((Deirdre))) and please keep us posted. Sending s and ers your way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register