All worked up for what???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

All worked up for what???? All worked up for what????

Unread 02-25-2005, 02:42 PM
All worked up for what????

Hi Ladies,
Had pre op today, got myself all worked up, big snow storm yesterday into the night, early pre op exam, said to myself what else can go wrong,big snow storm due to hit again next week, oh no!!!!, but everything worked out well,woke up early,had my usual cup of tea, left early for hospital,it was slow going but I made it on time, the sun was coming up and it was just beautiful,almost a spiritul experience, just to left of the rising sun was a rainbow, I just felt so good.
The pre op was a breeze, no BM prep the night before surgery, they told me I was in good shape and ready to go. I have been feeling pretty positive, but there were a few four lettered words on my lips when I heard about the storms. My main goal now is staying healthy and getting on the otherside next Wednesday, I think I have every thing in order,plane on making my bed room fit for a princess next week, God bless you all,it has been just wonderful having this web site, I read just about everything on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2005, 03:02 PM

I go in the day after you, so I'll be praying for you on your "princess day"! Glad the preop was so positive. I hope I get the same good news at mine (Tuesday)!
Unread 02-25-2005, 05:34 PM

Hi Allder,

I'll be praying that the storms don't interfere with your surgery date! Good luck and know that I'll be one of many Sisters here who will be wishing you all the best for your surgery and recovery.

God bless!

--Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2005, 05:57 PM

hi i am a day after you also, my post op is monday morning. i will be thinking of all of you and looking forward to our stories. Good lock and god bless, dianne.
Unread 02-25-2005, 05:58 PM

sorry i meant pre-op, i am not nervous LOL
Unread 02-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Slip, sliding away

Gee, I am so glad that I'm not the only one worried about a snow storm on my day of surgery. I even planned to have it at a hospital close by instead of a more upscale hospital. I'm so nuts that I've checked the Farmer's Almanac to see what my surgery date looks like. The listing is for March 8-11 and says, "stormy then fair." I'm praying the 11th is the fair.

I got caught in the snow yesterday too. I'm in southeastern PA. We were coming back from my blood donation for my surgery. (The Red Cross ladies suggested I not donate another unit to myself because I almost passed out. I don't think they want to see me again. LOL) Thank God my DH was driving.

Prayers for those of us who live in the snow belt.

T.
Unread 02-25-2005, 08:52 PM

Hi ladies,
I'm glad to hear your pre op went well, so now just relax and know that there are higher powers in control. I'm 1 week out, a bonified and it's true, waiting and wondering is really the hardest part. My TAH was on the 17th, and while I'm still pretty sore, I can feel myself healing everyday, and each day it gets alittle easier. God Bless each and every beautiful women on here and we'll see you on the other side!!!
's, Mindy
Unread 02-26-2005, 09:50 AM

i tooo had to go to my pre-op in the snow the other day.. and guess what?.. my surgery is on monday with yet ANOTHER storm to greet me.. buggers.
im in pa too and so i feel yer pain. what should have been a 30 minute drive to the castle turned into an hour.. i cant imagine what its going to be like monday.
i just had another thought to throw me into a tizzy.. our 4 wheel drive truck.. which is about the only thing thats going to get me there or home is so high off the ground i literally have to hop into it!... now not only do we have to have me, my stuff, my tummy pillow we also need a ladder or stool of sorts
AND school might get cancelled
wheres the booze???
Unread 02-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Rain nor sleet nor snow...

Maybe it will be rain. They're still not sure. I think I'm going to church for the first time in years tomorrow. I'll remember you.

Tell your DH to start lifting weights before Monday or maybe he can go to Home Depot and buy a hydraulic lift. LOL Yes, I just had this same converstaion with my DH. His SUV is only a little higher than a regular car. Be careful in the parking lot too. There are these things you can strap on your shoes that give you traction if you need them when you get home. QVC sells them. Of course, neither of us will be able to bend to put them on, but I guess you could attach them to your shoes before you put them on.

I'm just trying to figure out how to keep my 80 pound Retriever who sleeps on my bed from stepping on me. I may have to rent a hospital table. Then there's the cat who sleeps between my legs. Fraidy Cat. My DH says she'll have a heart attack if I lock her out.

Let's hope for no more snow days. It's eating into my summer. Cranberry Cocktails, anyone? Probably good for the urinary tract.

T.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register