Let go by company while on medical leave... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Let go by company while on medical leave... Let go by company while on medical leave...

Unread 03-05-2005, 11:44 AM
Let go by company while on medical leave...

I have lived in Colorado since 1997, first in the Denver Metro area and now in Grand Junction. I really love Grand Junction and liked Denver better than CA. Not as busy. I too believe that when one door closes god allows another to open. Good luck with your job search and your upcoming marriage.

Hope you are feeling better too. This is a time to allow yourself to heal.

Take care.

Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Thanks Lori and SMeech

Hello,

I have been busy as a beaver the past week. I had my 6 week post op check up. That went well, just need about 2-3 more weeks before my incision heals completely. I have a diabetes class on 7 and 8 March. I see the Dr also on the 8th to make sure that I don't have any problems with my kidneys now. I took a test about two weeks ago and they weren't satisfied with the results so hopefully that will go well next week, they think it was me taking ibuprofen daily that has my kidneys out of sync.

As far as my former job, I am still feeling pretty good. I updated my resume, applied for a few jobs, including some federal positions in Colorado and things are looking hopeful. I've been in contact with friends who are estatic that I am coming back so I am looking forward to returning to "God's Country". Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

I have a birthday next weekend and plan to remain positive and optimistic about my future.

Peace and Blessings, MzTumari
Unread 03-17-2005, 06:43 AM
me too!

Hi there MzTumari. I just wanted to let you know that I too just lost my job. I can't be certain, but I reallythink it's because of my upcoming surgery. I was "terminated" on 2/28, 3 weeks before my hysterectomy. I was also told they would be happy to give me a good reference and was asked to train in my successor. I did the training as full time pay is better than nothing or unemployment. I had a really hard time when I found out, but my husband stood behind me 100% and told me NOT to postpone the surgery and that made me feel better than anything else. It's hard for me to start looking for something, but I do have an interview next Monday. (That's due to the fact that a friend heardabout my loss of job and also heard of a position opening, the day after! I put in a resume and got the interview! )

Like the others said, there is a reason for it and we will be better off. The initial shock is the hardest part on this one. Then we move on and find something better. They don't know what they're going to miss with us being gone! It's an opportunity to get something better.

Good luck with your search in Colorado Springs. I KNOW you'll find something out there and I KNOW you'll be happier. I guess we can look at this as new beginnings in more than one way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2005, 11:03 AM

Hi Sandeesee,

Thanks for replying to my post. I am sorry that you too lost your job but as I stated in the previous posts, I am looking at this as a blessing. I haven't looked back since being let go by my company during my medical leave and you're right..."it's their loss"! I had the opportunity to spend my birthday last weekend with some former coworkers and they expressed the fact that I have never looked "happier". They complained the entire lunch about things going on around the company and I felt relieved and blessed that I don't have to endure that particular environment any longer. I truly believe that things happen for a reason.

I am doing well. I had some problems with my incision and the fact it is healing a bit slower because of my diabetes. But, things are looking better. I lost 25 lbs and have been taken off high blood pressure pills. My iron level is also up since the hyst and hopefully I will be off of the iron pills soon. I am taking much better care of myself and my health and enjoying being "menstrual cycle free"! I am also hypothyroid but I am working with that as it is a lifetime challenge.

I plan to relocate back to Colorado by the end of the year and things are looking very bright. I start training in less than a month for a career that is in the healthcare field and I am pretty excited these days. Maybe...this was the push that I needed to get my life back on track. Some people spend a lifetime doing a job that is not fulfilling or they feel "stuck in a rut" yet never do anything to change that. This is my opportunity to follow my heart and my dreams and I have my former company to thank for that. (smile) I don't want you to think however that I didn't do my best in the field I was in. Just time to move on....

I pray that things work out for you and yours as well. You will be in my prayers and remember that if you can see it, you can definitely achieve it. I wish you all the best.

Peace and Blessings, MzTumari
Unread 10-17-2005, 10:30 PM

Just a quick note to say I am happily back in Colorado Springs. It is as beautiful as I remembered and I am never leaving again except to visit elsewhere. I started work last week and I am enjoying my job for a change. Thanks to all those who sent out good thoughts, prayers and best wishes. Be blessed one and all. MzTumari
Unread 10-18-2005, 07:25 PM

congratulations on getting back to CO Springs. I'm glad you are feeling better and enjoying your new job. I too have a new job that I am enjoying very much. I'm glad that I had to make the change. I am much better off where I am now in more ways that I can count. Good luck and take care.
Unread 10-01-2006, 12:42 PM

Just a quick update everyone! It has been a long time since I posted here. First, I want to thank the Hystersisters site for getting me through my hysterectomy last year. It was great to have support from others in my situation. I have been in Colorado for 1 year today and I am happy to report that i am working for the Federal Govt and life is great. I am also in the medical field which was my goal so I just want to say to any sisters that went through being terminated because of being hospitalized or recuperating from a hysterectomy...that doors really do open when others close! I kept a positive outlook and prayed and followed my heart and everything worked out just as I hoped. God bless all who went before me and especially those who will follow. Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

Hugs and Blessings,

MzTumari
Unread 10-01-2006, 06:21 PM

how wonderful and thanks for the update. It is so true that when one door shuts it can be the most freeing experience. God does for us what we can't do for ourselves. All the best!
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:09 PM

Just an update on this thread...

This should be encouragement to anyone that found themselves "let go" while recuperating from their hysterectomy. I did move back to Colorado. I arrived here on 1 Oct 05 and it's all been great. I have been with the federal govt for almost 2 years and I just purchased a beautiful house here. God does not close doors without opening others..so stay positive and have faith. God bless u all.

MzTumari

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register