2 weeks tomorrow -- is this normal? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks tomorrow -- is this normal? 2 weeks tomorrow -- is this normal?

Unread 02-28-2005, 10:31 PM
2 weeks tomorrow -- is this normal?

YES, THE BEST THING TO DO IS TO REST SO YOUR BODY HAS TO CONCENTRATE ONLY ON HEALING!! I WENT TO THE CASTLE ON 2-23-05 AND LEFT ON 2-24-05 AND DECIDED TO REST MY BODY FOR AT LEAST 2 WEEKS WITH A SHOWER EVERY OTHER DAY - TEETH TWICE A DAY - AND PAMPER - PAMPER - PAMPER. YES I AM HAVING THOSE TWINGES OF PAIN HERE AND THERE BUT I CAN FEEL MY BODY MENDING.

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND JUST THINK OF HOW GREAT WE ARE GOING TO FEEL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2005, 11:24 PM
pain on lower left side

I had a bad pain below the incision involving the soft tissue on top of the pubic bone. Last week at my 4 week check-up the doctor assured me that it was not abnormal and that it was the result of muscles and ligaments moved and stretched during the surgery. It has improved with time. I found that it even hurt to use and move the left leg at times!!!

Rest and pamper yourself and do not forget to use heat and or cold to help keep the pain at bay.
Unread 03-01-2005, 10:02 AM

I just wanted to say how much this thread has helped me! I'm 2 weeks out with an incision that is still about 2" open on the right. That's my major source of pain - that and going to the bathroom. I'm really relieved to know that the "potty stuff" seems fairly common and I'm not the only one having these troubles. I get the inside feeling that feels like when you eat too much and everything is stretched - gravity doesn't help much either!

You guys are all great and comparing notes is the best medicine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2005, 10:12 AM

Glad we were there for you jsquare...I'm having an amazing day (even went to the bathroom with incredible competence (hehe) so I don't want to blow it by doing anything wrong~hence, writing to you on the computer, watching Rachel Ray on the Food Network, and getting ready for a nap before my daughter gets home from school...and then AMERICAN IDOL tonight.
Keep us posted!
fritha
Unread 03-01-2005, 10:15 AM
is this normal? reply.....

Wow. I feel your pain. I am one week post op. I am up for long periods, and have not had that type of pain. I can feel a pulling sensation in my tummy and have burning when I urinate. I am also having spotting and tire easily. Have you had your post op appt yet? I would call the dr's office. I hope that you feel better soon. I would like to know if any of my sisters have been emotional this soon after surgery. I was watching a bounty hunter show and started crying when one of the team members was pepper sprayed!!
Unread 03-01-2005, 10:20 AM
2 weeks

At two weeks I somehow got food poisoning and was very sick for a week after. The Dr told me to drink plenty of water. I contracted a bacterial infection from the food poisoning. The first antibiotic didn't touch it and the second seems to be working.
There are lots of sensations and discomfort and twinges and even pain but the healing process does happen. I look for tiny progress on a daily basis. I appreciate the Hystersisters website. I found comfort and caring.
I had a total lavh.
Today is 5 weeks since surgery. The Dr did a pelvic exam last week and it hurt and bled which freaked me out. Dr said it was superficial and not to worry. (easy for him to say)
Today I have a rash in the vaginal area but I am feeling better.
I was prescribed vaginal hormaone therapy but am afraid to insert it yet. I pray for courage to do that. I don't want to mess around with the tender area quite yet.
Ticker
Unread 03-01-2005, 10:28 AM

Hi Barbo,
I had such a bad first week and then things seemed to turn around for me (look at my first post on this thread and then my latest :-)
My post op isn't for another 4 weeks. My doctor said there was no reason to come in any earlier until he can give me the go ahead to resume work and other activities (i think I will always be gun-shy to resume my running so may just stick to walking out the rest of my many many days weeks months and years left on this earth

Hope that things get better and better for you. All that pulling and burning was pretty much "normal" for me the first two weeks and even today on a good day, i can feel the pull and burn every so often. I am just figuring on four more weeks of recuperating, with hopes that my family understands that even though I may seem fine at one moment I might be exhausted the next or just worried about all the inside stuff so I still don't want to do a thing to set me back.
Keep me posted.
I love this site.
fritha
ps. I just read your post, ticker. Oh my, I can't imagine a pelvic exam ever again...I guess I better get ready for that when it happens. Thanks for reminding me to go get some water RIGHT NOW
Unread 03-01-2005, 10:35 AM
butterfly stitches

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member, and trying to figure out everything. I am 3 weeks out today, and I still feel terrible. I have already had a trip back to the ER because of severe pain on my right side. The pain is so bad that it feels like something is ripping everytime I step down or get in or out of bed. My doctor doesn't really believe in pain meds and the tylenol and advil aren't helping. I don't know if this is normal, sometimes I feel like I am complaining to much. I haven't been resting too much, and did a couple loads of laundry on Sunday. My doctor really didn't tell me what not to do, or when to start easing in, I am just wondering what others are doing right now. I look forward to hearing from you.

leeleecee
Unread 03-01-2005, 11:24 AM

I'm also 2 weeks out - having good days and bad days. My dr gave me pain meds to take if needed - I take 1 every other day or so. Ibuprofen helps me alot. You need to take it easy - no lifting over 10 lbs - ok to fold laundry but someone else should carry it for you and load/unload washing machine. I believe the term they use on this site is "princess" - remember you're a princess and need to take it easy. Also, I would talk to your doctor - a little discomfort is expected after major surgery but you shouldn't have to endure pain. Hang in there.
Unread 03-01-2005, 11:27 AM

If you are hurting you should be resting.

Everyone is different but historically, the more you do the more you will hurt. I could not take pain pills except for Motrin and did not begin to feel human until the 4th week. Do not feel the need to do things. Things will wait a few more weeks.

My doctor said that by 8 weeks I will be better and to evaluate progress week by week not day by day. If you hurry yourself along you might need more time to recover. A week of rest now might save you two weeks on the other end.

If there is a new problem, you should call your doctor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register