pain & weight gain after 3 mos. - normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain & weight gain after 3 mos. - normal? pain & weight gain after 3 mos. - normal?

Unread 02-28-2005, 09:10 AM
pain & weight gain after 3 mos. - normal?

Dear Sisters:

Whenever I do very much (more than pick up, do laundry, a little dishes) I have more pain. I don't like taking pain killers. When I've cleaned extra for a sleepover, even tho I think I'm careful, I feel it, this time, for more than a week. If I do alot (drove to a seminar & sat 2 hrs, shopped a little), I'm a wreck the next day, dozed for 2 hours!

It doesn't help that my husband doesn't tell the kids to pick up the slack, so I have to live with a little more mess than I'd like. The first week I was home, (he hadn't told the 4 teens to clean at all) I helped them some & that's the way it's been.

ALso, it seems I'm slowly gaining weight. I have exercised when it doesn't hurt & been careful to watch what I eat, but it's hard to be consistent when I'm afraid it'll hurt more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2005, 10:31 AM

I am sorry to say this is really normal. I gained about ten or fifteen pounds in the first three months of surgery. As I started to feel better and could move more I lost the weight. I also used slim fast to jump start my system. I also try to eat healthy and such. It is normal to hurt. It was July I decided to get on a trampoline and wow I hurt doing that oops. I was not doing anything big on it either. I still get twinges like on my left side in fact this am I ws hurting on my left side for some reason.
remember it takes a year to heal from this surgery and that is no joke.
teresa
Unread 02-28-2005, 05:41 PM

I"m having something similar--pain after almost 3 months. No weight gain--but I'm trying to stick with South Beach (only diet that ever worked for me) and it's pretty good. But the pain is bad and I think I'll check in with my doc tomorrow. No advice--sorry--just sympathy pains...whoops...hehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2005, 06:35 PM

Luckily I've only gained back what I lost post surgery. Thank goodness my club is opening this weekend!! I should still fit my swimsuit and am planning to hit the pool. Unfortunately it is all too normal to gai the weight; it was Difficult Before but this is starting to get tough!

Wish you the best!

Blessings
Unread 02-28-2005, 07:31 PM

Hey there!

I am four months post op; and ..for the last two months or so.. was feeling really great! Now, I overdid it on 2/ 13 and 2/14 with stairmaster and then helped with some moving of office furniture the next weekend.... and really seem to have hurt myself. Also felt that something was dropping into the vaginal canal, after this "exercise", I sneezed, and felt something "give. So, I called my Dr. office today and have an appointment for Thursday to see if all is well.

I am really afraid that Iam having a prolapse of some kind... and it scares that dickens out of me. I just can't go through another surgery at this point. Mentally, emotionally, financially... this is making me CRAZY!!!

Thanks for letting me Vent!

Michele

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register