Weight Gain Or Loss??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight Gain Or Loss??? Weight Gain Or Loss???

Unread 02-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Weight Gain Or Loss???

As I embark on my newest adventure, I have come to the realization that I have yet to see anything on this site pertaining to weight gain or loss. Can anyone tell me if weight stays the same or is there a chance of gaining more once its all over. I am a woman on the heavy side not too heavy lets just vuluptous. I want to loose this weight once all this over and done with. Please reply I would like to know......

Thanks, Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Weight Gain Or Loss???

You can go to the Hysteritaville site for info on diet and exercise. From what I have read, most women stay the same. I had mine on 1/28 and weigh exactly the same as before. However, since I will no longer have to deal with anemia and severe bleeding, I expect when my Dr. clears me for exercise that I will be able to lose. In the year prior to surgery, despite how hard I was working out, I was at a plateau.

Good luck.
Unread 02-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Weight Gain Or Loss???

All I can say is that I weigh about 40 pounds more than I should and I haven't gained weight but I feel bigger because of the swelly belly. I am 4 weeks out and everyday gets better. I did buy some pajama pants and capris in one size bigger for when I came home from the castle so I would feel really comfortable. I wasn't all that much hungry after the surgery so I'm sure that helped.

Best of luck,
Kristy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2005, 01:46 PM
Weight Gain Or Loss???

thanks for the posts... I am glad that I have this site it really helps when I start thinking of new things that come to mind.
I guess once this is over I will go on a strict diet and excersise routine.

Thanks, Julie
Unread 02-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Weight Gain Or Loss???

Lost 17 after my surgery. That was 4 years ago. I eat everything in sight now and don't gain a pound. I am what I was like when I was 12 and before my periods ever began. At 49 I still wear a two piece swim suit, work out at a gym, my students at school say I look 30ish, and I feel fabulous. I am very active and walk all over. I never expected this. Another friend of mine had the same thing happen. Good luck!
Unread 02-28-2005, 10:25 PM
Thank you to all!

Good question. Thank you. This is what I needed to hear. I'm scheduled for 3/11, and I've had no appetite for the past two weeks, lost about 5 pounds. I have obsessed over the weight gain and swelly belly. I have to stuff myself into some kind of mother-of-the-bride dress in July, and I've been wondering if it was possible not to look pregnant. I decided I wouldn't even look until a couple of months after the surgery, and I didn't want to go to the Omar the Tentmaker store to find one. Apparently, it is possible. There is hope! Now if it would just stop snowing.

T.
Unread 03-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Weight Gain Or Loss???

Hi, I'm usually very active ( Special Olympics coach, clog dancing ) and even though I couldn't do that after my tah/bso 2 1/2 years ago - I lost weight. I think it was mainly because I couldn't eat much at a time for awhile and having NO appetite at first.

I've since gained about half of the loss back and have stayed pretty steady there. I think that it does all depend on each individual and their personal health and lifestyle.

Best wishes.

s
Unread 03-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Weight Gain Or Loss???

Julie,

Thanks for asking this question. I am new to the board and was about to ask the same one myself today. I've lost 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks (on purpose) and hope to lose another 10 lbs before my surgery on the 17th! I've always be "vulupuous" too and am scared to death of gaining weight post surgery.

I'm in a much better mood now!

Unread 03-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Weight Gain Or Loss???

Good morning Hershey,

Glad I can get you in a better mood. I really like this site. It has been quite helpful... My surgery is on April fools day! I hope that they don't play a joke on me.... lol Good luck to all of you... and take care....

Hugs to all, Julie

Good name Hershey!!! That is my favorite thing CHOCOLATE hince the reason I cant loose weight...
Unread 03-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Weight Gain Or Loss???

This is something I've been worried about as well. I've lost about 8 lbs in 3 weeks (lost my aappetite when they called and told me the date of the surgery). Still just eating till I fill satisfied and stoping. Would like to lose another 5 lbs before this surgery and then I'll be back where I was a couple of years ago. I'm active - cardio and weights 6 days a week so I've been worried about my 6 weeks of no gym afterwards.

Take care all,
jas

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register