In Pain, Scared And Heartbroken.... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

In Pain, Scared And Heartbroken.... In Pain, Scared And Heartbroken....

Unread 03-02-2005, 06:43 PM
In Pain, Scared And Heartbroken....

Dottie:

You have been through so much, but yet have given me even more inner strength and confidence with the positive attitude you have kept throughout your ordeal. I am one week post-op today and am a little nervous as to what lies ahead. You are an inspiration to all of us and we are blessed to have you as a sister. Please keep us updated on how you are doing. God Bless.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2005, 09:10 PM

TO MARIANNEINPA:

WHAT A SWEET REPLY..BOY DID YOU MAKE MY DAY. ONE WEEK POST-OP ISN'T THE EASIST TIME FOR MOST GIRLS. YOU PROBABLY FEEL WEAK, MAYBE A LITTLE LOST AND WORRIED ABOUT WHAT'S AHEAD..THE BEST THING I CAN TELL YOU IS..NO MATTER WHAT NEW CHALLENGES OR EXPERIENCES COME YOUR WAY,THERE IS A LIGHT AT THE END OF YOUR JOURNEY. I REMEMBER SOMEDAYS THINKING WHEN WILL THIS ROLLERCOASTER END. I HAD PAIN, BOREDOM, A FEELING OF BEING HELPLESS AND TOO DEPENDENT ON OTHERS, NO SLEEP, SET-BACKS BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? I'M STILL HERE KICKING AND GETTING BETTER EVERYDAY. JUST REMEMBER TO REST, AND THEN REST SOME MORE. LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR'S ADVICE BUT ALSO LISTEN TO YOUR BODY.
PLEASE REACH OUT AT ANYTIME IF YOU NEED TO TALK

HUGS
DOTTY
Unread 03-03-2005, 05:49 AM

Good morning Dotty,
Just thought I'd check in to say hello and to tell you that it is AMAZING how this whole thread started with your terrible ordeal and is now turning where you are helping us!! You're the BEST!
HysterSisters ROCK!
fritha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2005, 07:06 AM
In Pain, Scared and Heartbroken

Hi Songstress and all the "sisters"

I'm so sorry to read about all your problems. It's bad enough to go through a hysterectomy, for whatever reasons, but at the end of it you just want to be able to put it behind you.

It's ages since I've logged in! I had TAH September 2003, due to severe, continued bleeding that wouldn't stop, no matter what they through at it!

It took me a long, long time to recover. A lot longer than expected (by me that is!) I had a lot of bleeding post op, which was awful as I'd thought that was all going to be over with. After lots of visits to my Gyni he found that one of the "disolvable" stiches was poking through and causing blood to drip out. At the time I thought it sounded a little like an excuse, but it was quarterised and seemed to stop, thank goodness. Eventually I seemed to get back to normal, although I was left with a lot of stomach problems, I believe from all the antibiotics, etc.

Things had been great lately, until a month or so ago, I went to the loo and found blood again! I just sank, I really didn't know what to think. Over the next couple of days it got worse not better, so I went to see my doc. On examination she could see nothing obvious in my vag, but tested my urine. This was showing blood in it so sent me to a urologist. I had a scan which showed nothing and ruled out most things, but said I needed to have a cystoscopy - more surgery! I was unhappy, but had it done quickly. This found small pollips in my bladder, which are nothing, but he also checked my vag, high up and there was a "lesion" there that looked like a "pink cauliflour" - his words not mine! He removed this and sent it for biopsy.

It turned out to be part of my fallopian tube which - apparently had prolapsed into the wound and had regrown itself!!! He was really shocked! After a couple of weeks I visited him again, still bleeding a little on wiping and I still had a presence of blood in the urine, and as I'd been getting pains in my side he sent me for an e-ray, using dye, to check out my kidneys! What next?? I'm seeing him on Saturday but have this overwhelming dread hanging over me that it's yet more surgery.

I know I'm just being pessimistic, and I know there are people far worse off than me, but I just want closure of the whole thing, if you know what I mean. Every time I go to the doctors or the hospital my kids get upset and panic that I'm staying in there again, it's such a shame for them.

I'm sorry to blab on so much, but I really feel like I need some one to talk to.

God bless and take care all you sisters out there.

Sue x
Unread 03-03-2005, 08:03 AM

Sue from London,
I am so with you. Please keep us posted. I am sending beautiful thoughts and prayers your way. Hope they latch on to where it hurts and that they soothe your discomfort and sad feelings.
fritha
Unread 03-03-2005, 08:08 AM

Hi Fritha

Thank you for your kind words and support, it means a lot. I think this is such a great site, it really helped me through some difficult times early post op and I hope that it helps you too.

How are you doing, it's not long since your surgery?

Be careful - don't do too much!

Sue xx
Unread 03-03-2005, 08:46 AM

Hi Sue,
Yes, it has been just a couple of weeks and thank GOODNESS for this incredible snow up here in the northeast or I just KNOW I would not be true to the sisterhood and would do too much. (must be God-sent).
I am taking it easy and am recovering pretty well, slowly but surely!
Talk to you soon I hope,
fritha('')
Unread 03-03-2005, 09:02 AM

GOOD DAY LADIES;

HOPE EVERYONE ISN'T IN TOO MUCH PAIN TODAY. FRITHIA, DIDN'T REALIZE YOU WERE JUST A COUPLE OF WEEKS OUT OR MAYBE I DID AND CAN'T REMEMBER..MY MEMORY IS HORRIBLE THESE DAYS. .I HAD TO CALL MY HUSBAND THIS MORNING AND ASK WHAT DAY OF THE WEEK IT WAS..PLEASE DON'T EVEN THING ABOUT GOING OUT IN THE SNOW OR ICE. REST UP ANGEL, AND ALWAYS KNOW SOMEONE OUT THERE IN SISTERLAND IS PRAYING OR THINKING OF YOU.
SUE FROM LONDON;
OHH MY GOODNESS KITTEN, I READ YOUR THREAD AND WANTED TO TAKE A FLIGHT OVER THE POND TO GO WITH YOU TO SEE THE DR.
IT APPEARS YOUR STILL ON YOUR JOURNEY AND NEED A LITTLE MORE FINE TUNING FOR YOUR BODY TO HEAL PROPERLY. PLEASE KNOW THAT YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS AND IN MY THOUGHTS. IF YOU NEED TO TALK OUT YOUR FEARS, I CHECK MY E-MAIL ALL DAY AND SINCE I DON'T SLEEP MUCH I REALLY MEAN ALL DAY. HUGS AND THEN MORE HUGS FOR YOU AND ALL THE SISTER OUT THERE TODAY.
KEEP ME POSTED

DOTTY
Unread 03-03-2005, 09:17 AM

Hi Fritha, and Songtress (and anyone else on line)

Where are you from Fritha? I guess snowbound could be a definite blessing in this case! Please take extra care if you do venture out.

Songtress, I love that - "fine-tuning"! I definitely need a bit of that I think. That has at least bought a smile to my face. In fact I feel a lot more cheerful now that I've off-loaded and had a moan. It's difficult, as I find at home I have to put a brave face on it. I was no unwell during most of 2003, it was a real strain on the whole family, not just me, so now I don't like to let them see if I'm concerned. I'm at work at the moment and I can't go round moaning here, it's all a bit too personal anyway (my male boss goes red and hides behind his paper even if you mention that you're going to the chemist!) so this is a great relief to me.

Only two more days I should know what's going on, and who knows, perhaps there won't be any more problems and I can just take some extra pain killers!

And Fritha - you really MUST listen to the experts advice. The most dangerous time for you is when you start feeling better and think you can do more than you actually can!

Take care
Sue xx
Unread 03-03-2005, 09:35 AM

Sue;

I know what you mean about showing your pain with the kids..I have an 8 year old dev. delayed boy who asked me last night if I was going to die. Mom, why are you walking funny again? why can't I hug you? It breaks my heart and makes me realize I have to work harder at hiding my discomfort when he's around. Poor kid has seen me go through so much these last 3 months..I think my "excuse" of a bad stomach virus isn't fooling him anymore.
I try and think that when everything is healed I'll be a healthier Mom for him.
Lucky for you, you have a boss who is embarrased to confront your issue rather than one who ignorant and demanding. I have my own business but have all male employees who I obviously can't share my health issues with..can never let them see you down with "womenly problems".....
Please keep me posted on your dr visit or if you are having a "moment", just give me a shout out.

Best wishes for an easy day
hugs
Dotty

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register