Hooray!!!!Finally got to give my feminine hygiene away!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hooray!!!!Finally got to give my feminine hygiene away!!!! Hooray!!!!Finally got to give my feminine hygiene away!!!!

Unread 03-01-2005, 07:22 AM
Hooray!!!!Finally got to give my feminine hygiene away!!!!

Hey Sisters,

There is something to be said about handing off the old box of tampons and pads to a girlfriend!

I waited until after my 6 week post-op appt. And then sat on my bathroom floor and rummaged through the cupboards to gather all the fem. hygiene that I could find. Put it all in a bag and gave it to one of my best friends the very next day. DH commented on how much more room I have freed up in our bathroom.

Amazing!!!!!

Think of all the money I'll save! Now my DH won't have to run out to buy me any more pads when I run out! (It'll be another situation when out 3 daughters start menstruating, though.)

No more PMS meds! (I hope.)

No more planning to get the grocery shopping done around my heaviest flow days!

No more planning what to wear around my period! White clothes can be a part of my wardrobe all the time!

No more ugly panties! I think my DH is going to filling my next Christmas stocking with thongs and g-strings!

Amazing!!!!!!

Here's to no more pads and tampons-hated the 'dratted' things anyways!

Enjoy your liberation, too!

ewok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2005, 08:04 AM

I totally agree! What a joy!
I think i only had one good week out of the month before. I feel better now than i have in many years
Unread 03-01-2005, 09:35 AM

Hi

I haven't gotten up the courage to give away my feminine products yet. Every day I put a tiny panty liner on and nothing happens. Day after day...after day... but for so long I have needed something I can't seem to break the addiction. HELP! I think I need a 10 step program for this! Anyone want to start me off on this?

Jennifer

TAH/BSO 1/14/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2005, 09:42 AM

Amazing huh?
Its totally blows my mind to think of how many years my period ruled my life....
Gone for good.
snickers
Unread 03-01-2005, 09:50 AM

I actually returned two unopened boxes of tampons to the grocery store the week before my surgery - I kept the pads for after - and I was glad I did.

Anyway, it was really funny returning then tampons, the woman at the counter looked at me (I had a silly grin on my face) and said - Don't you need these? - I said - Nope, not anymore! She looked very confused - I should add that I'm 38, but look like I'm 28 - I leaned over the counter and said - I'm having it all out on Friday! She was so shocked and apologized to me - I told her not to - it was going to be the best thing that every happened to me. And you know what - it has been (for the most part).

I now put the $15 a month a I spent on the products in my savings account - I haven't quite figured out what I want to spend it on, but it will be something fun!!!!

Cat
Unread 03-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Hee hee

Reminds of the first time I REALLY realised I would never have a period again. I was at a zoo at 3 weeks post-op (I would not recommend doing this) and I went to the ladies room. Upon entering the bathroom, was a sign saying where I could purchase feminine products. I laughed aloud to the stall and upon coming out of the stall, was a tampon machine and I laughed aloud coming out of the restroom. I thought to myself, I will never need those again and snickered out of the bathroom!
I still do it if I pass THAT isle in a store as afterall, we have EARNED the right to laugh and snicker with the pain and suffering we went through for whatever reason for our surgery to begin with.
I gave my "never to be used by me again" products to a homeless women's shelter and I was thanked and I replied (trying to hide the happiness I felt as was a woman of menstrating age there with me and I don't want to be arrogant) that I don't NEED them anymore. Hee hee. I had to hide how happy I was and still have to as most ladies my age still get TOM but is nice I can come on here and tell what I am REALLY thinking (tee hee)....
Unread 03-01-2005, 03:48 PM

my daughters are 12 and 14, and refuse to be seen buying pads or tampons, so my days of buying those things are far from over...

using them, however...well, that's a different story.
Unread 03-01-2005, 04:33 PM

Well every since Aunt Flo was buried last week. I gave all my products to my daughter. Of course she was thrilled not to have to buy them for awhile. I have really enjoyed this post. Made me realize that NOPE I don't have to buy those things anymore.
Unread 03-01-2005, 05:24 PM

I do have to snicker at this post. I am SOOOOO excited that I will NEVER have a period again.

This is the funny part...My poor 12 year old daughter started her first period 4 days after my surgery. So, although it is gone for me it is not forgotten. My poor girl I just hope it it easier on her than it was on me

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register