now a hemorrhagic ovarian cyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

now a hemorrhagic ovarian cyst now a hemorrhagic ovarian cyst

Unread 03-01-2005, 07:30 AM
now a hemorrhagic ovarian cyst

I have posted just recently on the problems I have had with a complex cyst.
What is a hemorrhgic cyst? First i was told in Jan that I have a complex cyst, then they do a laproscope and shows no cyst two weeks after the lap. the ultrasound tech says I have a complex cyst 2.2x2.4. I talk with the Gyne receptionist on the phone and she tells me it is a hemorrhgic cyst nothing to worry about it will dissolve on its own. I have had a hyst. still have my ovaries. They want another ultrasound done in Apr. 4 fine but i am still confused and actually worried. I have booked an appt with family doctor to discuss all the reports such as lap report, and ultrasound. The funny thing is that this last ultrasound was for a nodule in the vaginal vault and nothing was said about that so I want to talk to the doctor also about this. Has anyone had a cyst like this and is it a concern. sorry to bother again but i don't know what to do. I am very guiet, and i don't say too much to the doctors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2005, 09:17 AM

Hi (((Shel)))) I'm so sorry you've been having such a hard time of it

I've never really had any issues with ovarian cysts, but there are too many Road Dweller who do I'm sure they'll be around soon, to share some insights.

Until then, you can do a search in our Resources Library, where you'll find links to valuable web site. I also found this link where a definition of "hemorragic cysts" is provided: http://www.ohiohealth.com/healthrefe...ory=questions.

Sending lots of s your way and hoping that you find answers soon... and that relief comes along with it.
Unread 03-01-2005, 09:21 AM

Hi Shel35,
I had a hemorrhagic cyst removed laparascopically this past Sept.
A hemorrahagic cyst is one that is filled with blood.
Mine was removed because it grew larger quickly (less than three days)and I was in alot of pain(thought I had appendicitis), but some doctors will use the wait and see approach to see if the body will absorb it by itself if there are no other symptoms.
You can do a search and also check the resources(both located at the top of the page), they are very informative.
Good luck. Hope everything is fine at your US and keep us informed.

Essie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2005, 12:01 PM

Here's another link with good ovarian cyst information:

http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/ova...ariancysts.htm

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register