Great Friends are rare!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Great Friends are rare!! Great Friends are rare!!

Unread 03-02-2005, 09:38 AM
Need ideas for thanking a friend!

Dear Sisters,
I have a friend who has been more than I could have ever asked for during my recent surgery and even before when I was hurting so badly. My husband just had sinus surgery Monday (I'll have a hysterectomy over this any time!!!) and she continues to help and give of herself. I would love to come up with a way to thank her. She isn't a "thing" person and I want to thank her with something special that shows her how much she means to me. I would appreciate any ideas you can come up with. She has cooked and hauled my kid and picked up things and carted me around and spent a nite in the hospital with me. Basically she has been at my beck and call. On top of a full time job and her own things. I'm just not very good at this and she means alot to me. Help! Thanks. Christy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Great Friends are rare!!

How about a gift certificate for a spa treatment or a nice restaurant ?? I once received a booklet of movie tickets which I loved!! I was surprised at how my friends kicked in, taking me to the grocery store, out for lunch, laundering towels, providing DVD's etc. There's no way I can thank them enough, BUT I will be there for each one when needed. You'll get a lot of good ideas here, I'm sure. Let us know what you choose!!
Unread 03-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Great Friends are rare!!

How about a Spa Day?

She sounds like a great friend to have around!

Maybe a Spa day together-just a 'Girls Day Only' when you are up to it!

I know that is what I'd love!

Let us know what you give her!

ewok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Great Friends are rare!!

CHOCOLATE!!! I had a girlfriend come over last night and she brought this new chocolate fondue that you can buy at the grocery store and make in the microwave. She brought all sorts of fresh fruit to dip in in and it was soooo yummy. I threw a frozen lasagna in the oven an hour before she got here, then we had a nice meal, Great dessert, and of course a chic flick- "Shall we dance" If you haven't seen it I'd Highly recomend it! We hung out for the whole evening and it was really great quality time. Maybe your friend would enjoy something like that? Just an idea and something that I really loved.
Mindy
Unread 03-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Great Friends are rare!!

wow how blessed you are to have someone like that in your life..and what a joy to hear you wanting to show your appreciation back..sometimes thank yous seem dim compared to the light a good friend shines huh....i am happy for you..now about some ideas..you say your buddy is not a thing kind or person..but i bet if you 'thinged' her kids she would be honored...depending on the age of em uh and if she has kids..or.. i dont know where you live..but where i live we have a park..maybe your friend has a special place they go?...some folks find it a way to give is with a tree or plant in their buddys name ..to watch it grow and bring fruit and shade to others..is like displaying of life and friendship..ive given a night out for my buddy..in a classy hotel..hot tub...breakfast ..and a beautiful view..but then i had known ahead of time i wanted to do that ..and saved up for that..money isnt everything..but money is an issue when youre outta work..i was given a full day spa treatment ..little nervous about using it..but some folks say that is a great treat..i hope others have some good ideas..cause i sort of feel as you..there are people i would very much like to thank..and it is hard ..least for me to show how much i appreaciate others..but if your friend is a awesome as you see her..she accepts you as you are..and that is the best ..i am so glad you have such a person ..just dont feel guilty if you cant find a way to express her value..i bet she already knows ..there must be something about you she sees worth all the effort eh??? ..
Unread 03-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Great Friends are rare!!

I've been searching the internet for the same thing.
I have to thank God everyday for such great friends!!!!
I have found several sights for gifts that keep giving all year long. Such as cookies, wines and coffee. This way it shows that you aren't just giving a "thing" to her. She'll remember it each month when she get that package in the mail.
You can find several links on a search engine by typing "thank you gift ideas".

Good luck!
Unread 03-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Great Friends are rare!!

Take a minute to think about your friend, and think about what she's into..........what she likes to do. Does she like to read? Give her a gift certificate from a bookstore (Barnes & Noble, Books A Million). Does she like to pamper herself now & then? Gift certificate from a day spa (they usually have all different price range packages). Is she into sewing or crafting? Gift certificate from JoAnne Fabrics, Michael's, Hancock Fabrics. Does she like going to the movies? Gift certificate from movie theatre. Does she like gourmet coffees or candy or whatever.........put together a gift basket of her favorite things...........candy, cookies, maybe a CD she's been wanting.
The important thing is to think about her and what she likes to do and go from there. I know we've all rec'd gifts from people that were more about what they like than what we like........if you put some thought into it, she'll know, and she'll appreciate it even more.

And be sure and include a note telling her how much you appreciate her.........it'll make her entire day!!

's

Ann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register