Scar Cream? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Scar Cream?

Rosie,

Weird that you should ask that question about your scar because I find that it does redden more at times. Thought it was just my imagination, but you confirmed it's not.

Keep us posted on the plasters...Never heard of it before!

MMW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Scar Cream?

I had TAH BSO with a vertical incision about 12 wks ago and my scar seems to be really red too. I'm not too worried about how it looks either, but nice to know there are products out there, especially for the itching.

Sue
Unread 03-06-2005, 08:10 PM
scar redness

Yes, it is normal for scars to redden as the day goes on in the early part of healing especially. And early in wound healing is the 1st 3 to 6 months. It is also normal to be more swollen at the end of the day. All sorts of connections that drain fluids etc. have been cut if you have an incision. Fluids tend to gather at that site until healing and new connections have improved. Best suggestion is a panty girldle with firm but comfortable support in the front panel during the day. Never sleep with it on. Get off your feet whenever you can.

In reply to accepting our scars and being proud of them yes, that's important. Scars are permanent, it's best to accept. But there is no reason NOT to make them look or feel as good and comfortable as they can. Scar management is something that should be viewed as an important issue after any surgical procedure. It is especially important for people who develop keloids or hypertropic scars (red raised scars) to start scar management early to avoid and reduce the keloid formation.
Ok, I'm done!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Scar Cream?

Thanks for the info Jennifer. It was very informative and you do know your stuff. We appreciate it too.

Now, where can I purchase those Band-Aid brand silicone scar patches? I stopped at Walgreens Pharmacy on my way home from work and could not find them there. They had all kinds of scar creams, gels, and even the neosporin scar patches for 33.00 which had silicone in them as an ingredient. However, they did not have the ones you suggested.

Do you or does anyone here know what drugstores carry them?

Thanks,
MMW
Unread 03-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Scar Cream?

Hey,I agree!

What ever you can do to make your scar, incision and you feel better then great and go for it.

In the past i have used vitamin E oil, Macadamia oil, and haemaroid (pile) cream on scars. All cheap as chips. I have also considered very expensive private plastic surgery.

My 8" Hysta scar is a "seamless" scar and not the biggest on my body. Knee surgery has left me with 2 14 " scars on both knees, my right scar has 24 huge, large stitches. Its an ugly scar, helped along its way with 2 cysts, but it's still my knee, and iy works. Believe me, I got stared at when that was red and sore!

I still get asked about the scars on my knees, the most common comment was "were you in a car crash". I have to explain that I used to do long distance running before I realised I had weak joints.

With my hysta scar, not many people will see it! If they do , they gotta be either medical or someone special! My hyst scar is lop sided too for some reason?? (Right handed surgeon!??)

I have another scar that runs from my belly button to the top of my right hip bone. I had my appendix out when I was 8 months pregnant. Every gyny person I have met has wanted a blow by blow account of how me, a 8 month pregnant woman having appendicitis - it is quite rare.

Fat gathers round the scar so I call it my second bum cause thats what it looks like!

Oh and the other scar I have is my belly button piercing. I got bored of looking at the lapanoscopy scars (three in total), so found a great experienced piercer who put a body bar in my belly button. DH HATED it!!! and said I should grow up! haha But, like my scars, its now part of me..

And I am 40 and promised that one day I will grow up.

Till then, I'll be nutty!

If I knew how to post pics I would!

Luv and hugs!
xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register