Pre-Op Party | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Pre-Op Party

I am 9 days til my surgery. This past Sunday, a few of my friends came over and brought lunch with them. It was great!!! They said it was my pre-op party. We told funny stories, and made up stories of what my castle stay will be like. What my DH will do when he brings me home and is responsible for my every whim. LOL This was such a great stress reliever, as I shared my thoughts about the whole process also. It was great to have just the ladies over and be a pre-princess for a few hours. Their plan this weekend is to take me to lunch and then shopping for the castle visit and my recovery room. I recommend this to everyone! Post Op we are planning a pad burning party!!!! Now, that I really can't wait for!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Pre-Op Party

What a wonderful idea!! How sweet of your friends to think of that! I had already decided that I was going to have a big party afterwards....
Have a blast and best of luck to you!!!
Hugs
Jen
Unread 03-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Pre-Op Party

What sweet friends you have! That sounds like a great stress reliever. Enjoy your weekend lunch and shopping!

Best wishes!

s

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Bon Voyage Party

Puplover,

We share the same surgery date, and last night I called a woman who designs her own cakes. On Monday, I'm having friends over after work. Simple food fare. Cold cuts, potato salad, Caesar salad, wine, soda, AND a designer cake. I have convinced Cake Woman to bake a chocolate chip cake with white icing. The top of the cake will have a picture of a uterus and ovaries and read, "Bon Voyage." I was a little hesitant about making my request, but all she said was, "That's a new one. I'll have to check my Gray's anatomy book. Sure, I'll do it." I can't wait to see it. I'll try to post a picture of it.

This will give me a good distraction after speaking with the anesthesiologist Monday morning.

I think it's really important to have a good support network before and during this time for us. Partyng beats the heck out of worrying.

Party hearty, all.

T.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register