Help Please - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Hopsital

Hi:

Well, I've spend the last 4 days in the hospital. They have me on Doxycline via IV and oral. They also said you can't get PID after a COMPLETE Hyst. It's some kind of bartical (however you spell it) infection and can weeks to clear up...

Having awful cramps sure was not fun and I was and still feel pretty sick.

Thank you everyone for your emails...

Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Help Please

Julie,
I'm so sorry you were in the hospital! But I'm glad that you are on the road to recovery. Please take extra care of youself.

Michelle
Unread 03-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Help Please

Hi Julie,

I hope you are feeling better soon and I'm so sorry you had to go through this.

When I said PID sounded odd, what I really wanted to say was a lot stronger... but now, given your experience, I have to ask ...
Did you go to another doctor? Or the ER? Or did your doctor finally realize what was happening?

All of us on here need to take notes on what happened to you and file it away in our brains for future reference. This is just what that doctor told me and we all need to know the real facts about our altered bodies.

Sounds like you have one nasty infection and I hope you have plenty of support, get lots of rest and TLC. Take care.

Best wishes,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Help Please

Well, still not feeling any better. I still have pain in my lower left side and it goes into my groin area and down my leg. Still have the flush/hot feeling...I see her again on Friday. My white count was 12000 on Friday and down to 9000 when I came home yesterday. She still has me on Oral meds. Doxcyline 100mg a day.

I just wish I knew the answer to this. She said it was not PID, all my tests came out fine. She had me see a urolgist (however you spell it) and that all came back fine. They did this test where they put a camera up the Pee,Pee WOW that hurt....

This is really getting me down, I just wish they knew why....

Thank you everyone for your concern, helps to know people out there really care about others.

Julie
Unread 03-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Help Please

JuJuJu,

I know exactly how you feel and I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

I've been having the same problems, left sided pain shooting down the groin/leg, flush/warm feeling. My dr's can't seem to figure it out either. I've been to the uro-gyne, gastroenterologist, gyne and regular doc. On the 21st I go to see a colo-rectal surgeon to see if it's my bowels causing the problem.

If you get any answers please let us know!

Take it easy and baby yourself!

Susan
Unread 03-09-2005, 03:11 PM
TO: SUSAN

Hi Susan:

God i"m not alone, this just is not funny.

Has your white count been high??? I go from feeling ok to wanting to die....The flush feeing is just awful, HOT, COLD, HOT, COLD and no temp....

I think she will send me to the butt doctor next, great...But if he can figure it out do what you have to to me...

I will keep you posted...

Can you still work, I'm having a very hard time, when the flush feeling hits I feel so off balance like I"m going to faint...How about you???

Thanks Susan
Julie
Unread 03-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Help Please

If you are having these flush feelings above the waist, and not just in your pelvic areas, then you are describing hot flashes.

Is this what you mean? Have you had any other experiences that you would call hot flashes to compare this to?
Unread 03-09-2005, 05:34 PM
No

This is not hot flashes, its a flush feeling and then I run a low grade temp...They said I have an infection but can't find it...I wish it was hot flashed those I can handle...

Thank you for your email.
Julie
Unread 03-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Susan

I see you are from Gurnee, IL...I live in Lake Villa, IL....Too funny we are so close...

I'm hoping to see the doctor tomorrow, I will post when I find something out...

Julie
Unread 03-10-2005, 07:39 AM
JuJuJu

When it hits it hits big time. I've been awakened in the middle of the night with the pain. Lately waking at night has been getting more frequent. I can still work, I have no choice. My job is mainly sitting at a computer, so when I feel the flush or a bad cramp coming I can just put my head on my desk until it passes. I have also been running a low grade fever.

I have had two doctors tell me that depression could be "exaggerating" my pain.

Has a doctor told you that? It makes me so mad when I hear that I could scream. I can't believe that they would say it's emotions or mental just because they can't find the cause.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register