Help Please - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-10-2005, 07:57 AM
Help Please

Hi Susan:

No not yet, the have not said is in my head and they better not, this pain is real...Last night it was awful and I ate two pieces of toast and almost puked my guts out....

I woke up this morning and felt ok, then as I started to move around the flash feeing came and the pain in the groin started and down my leg....

I see my doctor today at 11:15 and will post what she has to say, I don't think she has a clue as to what is wrong....I'm still on the Doxycline twice a day for two more days and I don't feel its helping much...I also have been taking a lot of tlynol which seems to help for an hour or two....

Do you also feel faint??? I do and very light headed, I just don't feel RIGHT....

I hope you have a pain free day.
Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Help Please

Julie, I thought you said no temp and hot, cold, hot, cold.... this is why I was thinking hot flashes. If you're running a temperature, that's not good.

If you two ladies are so close together, have you talked to each other privately to see if, perhaps, you have the same doctor??

I too got the run around with all that "emotional" stuff. Then one day I ran into a woman who had the same problems as I did and guess what? Yep. Same doctor! All together, we found 23 women from our area in the same "club," if you want to call it that.

I hope you two can get this sorted out soon. Having chronic, hidden infections is not good. You need some doctors who are on top of the situation.

Best wishes to you both,
Unread 03-10-2005, 08:31 AM
Help Please

I will have to ask if Susan see's the same doctor. When I said no temp its not sky high, low grade to me that really is not a temp, but then I guess it is...

Yup doctors can be a big pain in the butt....I have an HMO and I hate it, but where I work you don't have a choice....

Hopefully she can find the answer, or find someone that can...

Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Don't give up!!

Hi,Ladies!!

Read all of your replys......So sorry u all feel so bad. Always remember u know your body best,not the doctors. U know how u feel & what is normal for u. Depression is real,BUT not always the underlying cause of exaccerbated symptoms. I'm 5yrs. post-vaginal hyst. w/one remaining ovary. I'm 29yrs. old & have endo.,poly-cystic ovaries,D.U.B.,fibroids,adenomyosis,& cysts on the bladder. I went thru 6 diff. M.D.'s b/f my hyst. I tried every treatment,no matter how outrageous it sounded or was b/f we decided I preferred the hyst. to having a 25 day cycle & D&C's every other month for hemmoraging,not to mention the 6 laps.for endo.& fibroids. Never give up!!! The right doc. is out there for U,keep looking. Remember no matter what anyone says pain is not normal,I know! I'm not just a patient,but a registered cancer center nurse since 1998. Let me know how it goes,I'm also in Rockford,Illinois!! Not too far from u either!!-Chelle.
Unread 03-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Chelle from Illinois again!!

Hi julie,

Forgot to mention something....2 yrs. after my surgery I began to faint,feel dizzy,vomit.had low abd. pain radiating to my low back,poor appetite,salt cravings galore,dehydration probs, sweating,hot/cold spells,& weird scaring.No one knew what I had,finally I passed out & was admitted to the hospital for 4 months. Finally, they found out what was wrong,I had adrenal insufficiency...a.k.a. Addison's disease. It's not a common disease I they said I got it b/c the extreme blood loss during & prior to my hyst. caused my adrenal gland to shut down. I almost died in the hospital b/f they found out. It has no known cure & can be life-threatning if not detedcted & treated quickly. Now I'm on Prednisone,Florinef,K-dur,& blood pressure meds daily. I still have probs. w/ dizzy spells & go into crisis from time to time requiring me to be hospitalized,but at least know I know whats wrong & what to do. I had to see an endocrinologist to find my right treatment. I'm not saying this is what u have, I'm just saying don't rule out anything-it could be the last thing u suspect!!Best wishes from Rockford,Illinois!!-----chelle.
Unread 03-10-2005, 12:35 PM
Re: JuJuJu

Quote:
Originally posted by sskrzyps

I have had two doctors tell me that depression could be "exaggerating" my pain.

I had a doc "mention" something like this....I told him, I had the pain first for a very long time which triggered the depression. I mean, who wouldn't be depressed after dealing with all that pain for so long?
Unread 03-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Help Please

sometimes I wonder about these docs.

Ladies - you know your pain is real. You know it's not all in your head! We've got to keep telling them - eventually someone will listen! (Or will put us out of our misery!)

I can't stress enough to people how important it is that they not let their docs bully them. I know you see that a lot. It's kind of "Old school" thinking - but it doesn't do anybody any good to just assume that the doctor knows and is going to do what's best for you. I love when I read posts where you ladies have gotten fed up with docs that aren't helping you and have gone on to one that will help you! (Now if only we could teach the men among us to do the same!! ) Doctor's can be extreemly narrowminded - and that doesn't help anybody. So the more we know about something, the better we can assist in our own care. Remember ladies - Knowledge is Power!

Ok - I'm stepping down off my soapbox.....................

Cortney
Unread 03-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Help Please

Hi Ladies:

Well just got back from the doctor...She is having me see the BUTT doctor as I call it for the BUTT test...YIKES....She is not sure what is going on yet.

She did want me to go back into the hospital but I said "no" if I feel worse over the weekend I will go back in....but I'm trying hard to avoid that...

Still feel pretty much the same...Temp was 99.8 which to me is a low grade temp...Still have the pain on the left side and mild cramps...She thinks its something in the bowels, I have no idea.

When I find out more I will post.

Thank you for your support and concern
Julie
Unread 03-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Julie

Have you been tested for c diff? It's clostridium difficile (sp?), and infection that you get in the bowels from too much antibiotic use. It may have something to do with your bowel problems. I have had it in the past and I found out from my doctor yesterday that it can remain in your system for a long, long time. If I'm ever able to have a bm I have to take it to be tested.

When you say the "butt test" which one is that? I have a consultation scheduled with a colo-rectal surgeon who performs a test called a "defecagram". Is that what you are having? The results of this will determine if I should have a bowel resection.

Let's hope its good! I don't need another surgery or hospital stay.

We should meet up some time and compare notes.

Take care!

Susan
Unread 03-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Help Please

michellecan,

It was interesting reading about your adrenal gland symptoms because a while back I received mail from a doctor who specializes in adrenal glands and he told me that he believes hysterectomy is a huge contributing factor in adrenal failure or misfunction. He said, in his own practice, an inordinate number of his patients have had hysterectomies.

The endocrine organs: hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid, parathyroids, adrenals, pineal body and ovaries/testes all work together to provide the chemicals our bodies need for every single cell in our body. Whenever you remove one of these organs, the others are pressured to try and make up the difference. Often they are unable to pick up the slack and a chain of reactions occurs. Only in recent years have scientist discovered how important the ovaries/testes are in this group of endocrine organs; before now they used to think they were reproductive organs only.

This is exactly why I urge women to consult with a reproductive endocrinologist before having any pelvic surgery. And also why I urge women to see one when not feeling right after having pelvic surgery.

For the same reasons as above, this is also why so many women suffer depression following hysterectomies. It all goes back to the ovaries. Well, maybe not all, because NOW they have discovered the uterus secretes at least two chemicals that seem to have a role in our emotional bonding and moods. Now we have that to learn more about!

Yikes! It never ends!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register