the prisoner of the second floor bedroom | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

the prisoner of the second floor bedroom the prisoner of the second floor bedroom

Unread 03-04-2005, 12:51 PM
the prisoner of the second floor bedroom

or, bad case of cabin fever going on here. 8 days post op, I'm not allowed to drive, there's snow on the ground and no place to walk to anyhow, and I really need a diet Pepsi and there's none in the house.

I'm suddenly weepy and moody, hello surgical menopause. is the need for an afternoon nap normal? thank goodness for

what do you do when the stitches in your incision start to itch -- I've got two very small, itchy incisiions from the LAVH, and they're driving me crazy.

amd I found out what NOT to watch on tv -- did anyone catch the Law & Order rerun on TNT yesterday? the one involving a gyn and a new laparacopic machine and a criminal act?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2005, 01:00 PM

Big hugss I am in the living room, its 56 degree's outside and am having fits.. I did open the front door tho and the sunshine feels nice.

I have been having some itching as well and am a little crazed by it, TAH with bladder repair.

Things have gone smoothly except for impaction which is doing much much better.

You mentioned soda, pop and um lol caught my attention my doctor said no carbination due to the gas and I just realized he never said for how long lol.

Katilynn
Unread 03-04-2005, 02:10 PM

my doctor didn't put me on any dietary restrictions. I've been indulging in diet Pepsi since I got home last week. I haven't had any problems.

but there isn't any in the house right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2005, 04:10 PM

Broadwayfan,
Just a note to say, you crack me up, and I will send you a cyber diet pepsi, if you think it will help. I'm sorry about you running out, and I know how you feel. I found myself getting panic stricken in my early recovery days if I was getting close to being out of Apple juice. Funny how your mind works when you have nothing to do but think....
Hugs and a great big Diet Pepsi coming your way.
snickers
Unread 03-04-2005, 04:35 PM

Some grocery stores will deliver, if you order over a certain amount. And some even allow you to order over the Web. (Here in the Northwest, Safeway and Albertson both do!!)
Unread 03-04-2005, 04:43 PM

Hey there, Broadway! My daughter lives in Brooklyn, and how I wish I were there, walking around Prospect Park near her apartment. Of course, it's in the upper 50's here, sunny, and feels great.

Don't they have delivery up there in the big city? I know they do where DD lives. Where are those daughters of yours that you mention on the profile? Put them on a sled and send them off to the store! (Only kidding. Not in today's world, would I ever do that!)

I'm home alone and am tempted to order a pizza, but I know I'd eat the entire thing by midnight and regret it. I guess I'll go make blueberry waffles from scratch instead.

Naps are the rule for me. If I didn't get naps, I'd never heal. I really need naps now, with the radiation treatment. I finish the treatment next weekend! I managed to GAIN weight all through the radiation! Dang. Well, I ate a lot, and laid around, due to my knee having a torn meniscus, needing surgery.

Take care.
Unread 03-04-2005, 07:33 PM

the diet Pepsi has arrived and I feel fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register