I went to colon Dr. today. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I went to colon Dr. today. I went to colon Dr. today.

Unread 03-05-2005, 09:25 PM
I went to colon Dr. today.

Danny,
Thanks for the hugs!

Peggy,
I know what you mean. Before my TAH they did that test on me to. I held more than they had ready. I don't know what the amount was, but it was 1 1/2 of the bottles they had there. I too have a large bladder. It is very painful when you can't void it all out when you go. Now I just have to hang in there untill the 23rd!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2005, 10:53 PM

Hi Kim

I don't feel pain in my bladder at all. I had adhesions sticking it to my uterus and just wonder if it did something to the nerves or whatever when my gyn scraped the uterus off of it?I do feel something weird at times on the top floor of my vagina. I guess it could be the bladder pressing down.
Hopefully one day soon, neither one of us will have to experience anymore of these bladder or prolapse problems.It is getting old, quick.

s
Peggy
Unread 03-07-2005, 08:17 AM
fissure & GI doc

Hi, Kim, I can kinda relate, I feel like I am in Limbo between the general surgeon wanting to do a bowel resection and the GI doc trying to work me up but I could not tolerate the bowel prep for colonoscopy, so now we are rather at an impasse... I hope you get better options than I have!! I am treating my fissure & 'rrhoids on my own, that reminds me,I need to go take another sitz bath !! Good luck, MO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2005, 10:31 PM

Peggy,
The pain I had during vioding was due to a small ureatha and the prolaspe. Thank goodness they fixed that at the same time. Now it's different pain. Hopefully it will be better soon to.

Mo,
I wish I had the answer to what your going through, but I don't. I hope they can figure out something for you soon. I had to stop the ointment that cost so much tonight due to dizziness and headaches. I'm going to try the sizts bath now. I had to drink that nasty stuff citrate of magnesia alittle while ago, cause I haven't had a b/m in 8 days! The ask a nurse said if it doesn't work I need to go the hospital. I sure hope it works. I'm not constipated, it just won't come out. Sorry this is gross but she ask me to use a gloved finger to check if it's hard or soft. It's soft, so she thinks my bowels just aren't working right so I have just won another trip to the colon dr. I'll call him tomarrow.

I'll keep you all posted.
Unread 03-08-2005, 05:50 AM

Kim,

Sounds like you might have another rectocele? Is that what they are thinking? Be happy your stool is soft....just need to get those bowels moving again. Sounds like they might not working much at all. Our colons move to push the waste through our body, hopefully that mag citrate got things moving again and you had results last night. Please let us know how it went.
Unread 03-08-2005, 07:53 AM
voiding probs

Kim, like Peggy said, I hope you had some positive results from the mag.cit. last eveotion:....that's the stuff I couldn't keep down when I tried to prep for my colonoscopy, and when it came back up I apparently aspirated some of it and ended up w/bronchitis+pneumonia....that's been a month ago now, and just trying to cope with the sitz, suppositories (cortisone and glycerine) and colace, and the pamine forte rx. (and only soluble fiber, not roughage for me!)
As for the bladder, mine is atrophied/small (apparently not uncommon in abuse survivors) and I have a urethral stricture unrelieved by a failed dilataton attempt....
Unread 03-10-2005, 10:33 AM

Thanks for posting this.
I have to do a bowel prep on Monday for a colonoscopy on Tuesday. I have to take four Dulcolax tabs and as soon as I have a bm then I have to drink a half a gallon of something called TriLyte with flavor packs. I don't know if I'll be able to keep it down. It says that the ingredients in it is sodium chloride, sodium bicarbonate and potassium chloride for oral solution. I can have clear liquids only on Monday and clear liquids two hours after I finish drinking the solution. I'm supposed to take the Dulcolax at 12:00 and I can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight. I'm on other medications and I told them that I have to eat something substantial with them or I get sick and they told me I could only have clear liquids so I guess I may have to get sick with some of my medications or maybe try taking some zofran. I also have low blood sugar and they told me that they won't know what time my procedure will be on Tuesday and my husband has to take my kids to school in the morning so it would be best if I was scheduled early. They start as early as 6:30 am. I really hope that I'm able to take the drinking stuff and not get sick from it or I may not be able to get a bowel prep done. Now I will have to call the dr's office and remind them of my low blood sugar because they said that they take diabetics first on the schedule. If my electrolytes are off balance I'm really not going to feel well. I have to attend a funeral on Monday morning at 10:00 am and then go home and take the four Dulcolax tabs. My kids get picked up from school at 2:40. I sure hope that I'm able to pick them up without having to stop at a bathroom on the way to school. The school has some nice bathrooms. The instructions did say that it could take anywhere from 1-6 hours after taking the Dulcolax for it to produce a bm and then I start drinking the TriLyte.

My husband only has certain days off from work that he can take off so Tuesday was one day that he could take me to the procedure. He asked me if I could pick up the kids from school after the procedure and I told him that the dr's office told me that I couldn't drive till the next day. I'm going to make a new post but thanks for posting this as there was some good info. Kim please let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.
Unread 03-13-2005, 02:48 AM

Sorry I didn't let you all know how I did, but I did get relief and added pain from the wonder liquid. It really burned my tear down there. As for the ointment, I had to stop it cause of bad headaches and I felt like I was going to pass out. A pain pill and sitzs bath is working better for me. Tanks for the replys!

Hi Happy,
I hope all goes good for you with the bowel prep. It's not fun, but it nessesary. Make sure to get it in the firg the night before to get it cold as it's easier to drink. Ask your pharmist about taking your normal meds after you start it, cause it cleans out your system and your meds might not work as well, or if you take them too soon after they might just get flushed out too. Please follow the directions for the prep. I drank too much, too soon and almost had to go to the ER. My stomache expanded so bad I looked like I was preg. and it was painful. Quicker isn't always better! Good luck and keep us posted.
Unread 03-18-2005, 06:08 PM

I posted an update at this link if you want to read it. I nearly passed out due to negligence of a secretary because of my low blood sugar and the fact she didn't get a nurse for me when I needed one. I wasn't able to tolerate the bowel prep and went with Magnesium Citrate which was much easier for me.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...50#post1266150

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register