MAGAZINES........ which do you LOVE and which IYO aren't really worth the $$ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

MAGAZINES........  which do you LOVE and which IYO aren't really worth the $$ MAGAZINES........ which do you LOVE and which IYO aren't really worth the $$

Unread 03-05-2005, 04:47 PM
MAGAZINES........ which do you LOVE and which IYO aren't really worth the $$

I am in the mood to get a new magazine subscription or two. BUT not sure which to try. Going to the store and picking something is not fo rme, even though it makes sense to do that.

I have about 6 subscriptions now from Time, InStyle to CBS Soaps magazines. Was thinking about Southern Living. But not sure. SO........

Which magazines do you LOVE and why? Which do you feel, in your opinion is not really worth the $$??

THANKS!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Re: MAGAZINES........ which do you LOVE and which IYO aren't really worth the $$

Quote:
Originally posted by Sapphire963
I am in the mood to get a new magazine subscription or two.

CBS Soaps magazines. Was thinking about Southern Living.
I love magazines!!!! I never read them until I had my hyst and people kept bringing them to me and now I am a magazine junkie
CBS soaps---I knew there was a reason I really liked you j/k
I tape Days of Our Lives everyday for the past 6 years, but watch CBS and keep up with them too.
I get a couple because of hobby purposes (scrapbook ones and american cheerleader cause I coach and DD is a cheerleader) One year DS was selling them for school and I ordered People, but I got tired of that after a while---I think they shouldn't come out every week---it is too much. Occasionally I will pick up Woman's Day and FAmily Circle, but let me tell you which one I just ordered. Someone gave me about 3 copies before and after this last surgery and when I looked at it, I thought---I am going to hate this! But to tell you the truth, I really like it. There is a lot of information in there and fun articles...I read it cover to cover (which I never did with people)----"O"---Oprah's magazine!!!! I just ordered it through DS fundraiser this year and I am sooooo looking forward to it. I tell ya another one I like to read and always pick up when I am in the docs office and occasionally at the store and that is Reader's Digest. But I don't like it enough to get a subscription to it.
I do not like Southern Living, Vogue, Cosmo---too too many advertisements--I feel like that is all I am paying for is for someone to send me an advertisement...to me that is a waste of money. So here is the list of ones that I have subscriptions to or buy on a regular basis:

"O"
Creative Memories (scrapbooking)
Woman's Day
Family Circle
American Cheerleader
CBS soaps weekly
Woman's World

Waste of MY money:
Southern Living
martha Stewart Living
Vogue
Cosmo

DD (11) has started getting into Tiger Beat and those kind of teeny boppers mags..you know the ones with all the little posters of singers and stars..LOL...I remember getting those

I like this thread, I am curious to see what everyone likes...Thanks!
Unread 03-05-2005, 06:54 PM

Let's see, magazines I like are Reader's Digest, Women's World, First, and since I like to cook, I have a sub. to Taste of Home. It has simple, home-cooking type recipes, not that fancy stuff that you never have the ingredients you need.

As for as ones that aren't worth the money...I'm drawing a blank now on names, but I hate the ones that have so much advertisements that you have to search for the articles. I think Cosmo is one.

Oh Marian, I wish I was your daughters age again, I used to LIVE for the Tiger Beat magazines. I had the pull out posters all over my walls growing up, dreaming of the day that one of them would swoop me off my feet and take me away. Hummm, you know, they never did!

Jackie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2005, 07:28 PM

I definitely agree with Marian, I love "O" magazine, so many inspiring and informative articles. It's a little pricey, I pd $18.00 yr. Now it's $24.00 and I'm debating whether to get it, but I do love getting it in the mail, rather than going to the library. Also, I like Lutheran Woman and TV Guide.

God bless, Lois
Unread 03-05-2005, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by keeperofhome

Oh Marian, I wish I was your daughters age again, I used to LIVE for the Tiger Beat magazines. I had the pull out posters all over my walls growing up, dreaming of the day that one of them would swoop me off my feet and take me away. Hummm, you know, they never did!

Jackie
I know!!! Why did they never come get us?
I remember some of the posters I had...I think I will start a thread with this
Unread 03-05-2005, 08:16 PM

My favorites are Reader's Digest and Country. Country is a beautiful magazine, especially for those who live in or long for the country. It has gorgous pictures and no advertising at all. (It also has some great recipes and articles.)
Unread 03-05-2005, 08:42 PM

Shashi,
I love the Country magazine too. My parents sub. to it and hand them down to me when they are finished reading them. I love the mags that aren't filled with advertisements. Taste of Home (which might be a sister mag. of Country) also has no advertisements.

Jackie
Unread 03-05-2005, 09:20 PM

My favorites are Glamour, Allure, Self and Woman's Day. I love magazines and clothing catalogs!!
Unread 03-05-2005, 09:27 PM

Hi Jackie,

Taste of Home is a sister magazine to Country, as is Country Woman, Country Extra, Reminisce, and a few others, which are Reiman Publications.

I've got all my back issues saved in notebooks and go back and browse through them at times. They're wonderful!

Lisa
Unread 03-05-2005, 09:32 PM

I love Gourmet magazine. People is fun too but I always read it in the doctor's office.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register