Severe pelvic pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe pelvic pain Severe pelvic pain

Unread 03-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Severe pelvic pain

I had a TAH/BSO in Feb 2004 for endo and ovarian cysts. I am 36.

I have been pretty much complication free since the surgery and have felt better than I have in years, literally! I wear .05mg Climara patch every week.

On Friday evening I have some pretty intense pelvic pain (reminicent of the endo pain). It lasted for 15 minutes or so and then passed. I was out to dinner with hubby at time and did not mention it to him because I wanted to enjoy our time together (had an extra glass of wine to help the pain). Anyway, it passed and I went on with dinner, enjoyed my husband's "company" later that evening (with no pain or discomfort during).... Well, yesterday evening I was with my son at the video store when a pain so intense and in same area hit me so hard, I though I was going to pass out. I could barely breathe. It was as if someone was stabbing me in the pelvis. It seemed to radiate from the center of the region and radiate. IT came in waves as if spasms perhaps. All I can say was it was the worst pain I have ever been in and I have felt a lot of pain over years. I finally was able to call my husband and have him pick us up - I thought fo sure he should take me to hospital but it started retreating after about 20 minutes but still waved its way through my pelvis after taking 2 Darvon left over from last years surgery. It still aches in there this morning but is not spasming like last night. But it's stiil there.

I was wondering if anyone has insight on this pain. I am scared that maybe the endo is back..... That though just about kills me because I had 3 laps prior to the TAH/BSO and prayed this last surgery would do it. The pain is right down the center from just above pubic hair line (or TAH/BSO incision line) straight down. It spams in waves and the pain is like nothing I have ever felt. Stabbing. Intense stabbing. I had my utero sacral nerves cauterized during the 3rd lap but this pain literally waved through me from incision point down my thighs, which hasn't happened since those nerves were cauterized.

I know this is long and I posted a similar message on the bladder matters forum hoping maybe this pain might be a urinary issue (longshot, i know). Please let me know if you have any insights on this!!!!! I have read some posts relating to adhesions and "cele" problems. any thoughts on thoses areas. I am so afraid that this could be endo again.

Thanks!

Samantha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Severe pelvic pain

that happened to me in april after I had my hyst in Jan .

seems it was an intestinal infection *** adhesion colic .

If you could go to the journals section and click view all entries ... somewhere I do hve a record of my pains

it is possible for endo to come back . In sept my ovaries which were normal in jan and therefore retained .. were blown up and one was stuck to my gut

I think its best you get it checked out

mei
Unread 03-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Severe pelvic pain

Samantha -
I am very sorry that you are having these new problems! There are a few things that come to mind when I read about your pain - not necessarily all gyno related (??) I guess the most important thing to do would be to call you doctor tomorrow morning and let them know what's going on. (Or if it is really truly bothering you - don't forget the ER is always an option!)

I hope you get some answers soon! Take care!

Cortney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Severe pelvic pain

Cortney,

Thanks for the quick response. I am going to call him (Dr.)tomorrow. I trust him - he did 2 laps and my TAH/BSO.

You mentioned that several things come to mind? Could you elaborate? thanks!!!!

Samm
Unread 03-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Severe pelvic pain

Samm,

I am so sorry that you are going through this terrible pain. There are a few things that popped up in my mind while reading your post. Endo, ovarian remnant syndrome, adhesions, intercistial cystitis (sp).
Are you having any other symptoms? Anything going on the past week that you might not think are related? Such as bowel issues---diarrhea or constipation....pain during urination, increased pain with activity, pain in pelvis or abdomen after a big meal?
I am glad you are calling the doc in the morning, but if the pain comes around again, I would go to the ER if nothing else but pain relief. When you call the doc, request an appt...tell them the pain is excruciating and almost made you pass out. usually with nerve problems, you experience burning, not a real stabbing sharp pain like you described.
Please keep us updated and let us know what the doc says.
Unread 03-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Severe pelvic pain

Marian:

Thanks! I was wondering too about the interstitial cystitis. However, I am not having any of the usual cystitis symptoms. No other things of note that would assist in what this could be (normal bowel function, no pain during intercourse, etc.)?? Only new thing I have added lately is doing a "gazelle" workout machine. Sore calves! Would like to hear more about ovarian remnant syndrome & adhesions, if you have the opportunity!

I will go to E.R. if pain comes on again like last night. I took 2 Percodan last night and an oxicontin this morning - I still have breakthrough pain even now.

Thanks again!

Samm
Unread 03-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Re: Severe pelvic pain

Hello, I am new here and am having the same type issues. Unfortuinately I am not aware of the abbreviations you listed in reguards to your surgery so I am not sure of your status but in Sept of '04 I was hospitalized for a month and a half due to the rupture of my left ovary. Upon exploration they discovered everything was consumed by cycts and endo was present on the uturis. After six hours of surgery I came out with only a portion of my right ovary and a piece of my uturis. Now just five short months later the cysts have returned and I am scheduled next week for a full hysterectomy!

I am only 32yrs old, have been healthy my whole life and have no personal nor family history of such issues. I've been for several different opinions, ruled out Polycystic Ovary Disease but can never come up with an explanation at to why this happened to me!
Unread 03-06-2005, 11:30 AM
PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello Marian,

I am new here and was just reading your responce to samm42. I am experiencing some of the same problems as samm but am at a loss for an answer. I've gone for several different opinions, done a lot of reading but just become more and more frusterated! In Sept of '04 I was hospitalized for a month and a a half for the rupture of my left ovary. upon exploration they discovered everything was consumed by cysts and endo had taken over my uturis. After six hours I ended up coming out of the surgery with 6.8cm of a right ovary and a piece of my uturis. Now just five short months later I am facing next week a full hysterectomy.

I have always been healthy, have gone to the same GYN my whole life and have never had any type of STD! Can you maybe shine some light on why this keeps coming back and if I do remove everything will htey keep coming back???
Unread 03-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Re: Re: Severe pelvic pain

Quote:
Originally posted by Blanka

I am only 32yrs old, have been healthy my whole life and have no personal nor family history of such issues. I've been for several different opinions, ruled out Polycystic Ovary Disease but can never come up with an explanation at to why this happened to me!
I had no family history of GYN problems either, I don't think there is any rhyme or reason why we have problems even though we are healthy otherwise. I have asked the "why me?" question more times than I can count, but just decided I wasn't going to ask anymore....this is me, this is the hand I have been dealt with and this is what I am going to have to deal with the best way I can. I don't think anyone can come up with a reason that this happened to you. It just did, especially if you had no family history. Same reason that breast cancer usually hits women 85% of the time that have no family history, which you would think it would be the other way around. If you have the family history, you are at higher risk, but with breast cancer, that is not the case. No women in my family have ever had endo....does this mean that my DD will have it because I did? Who knows. I can't concern myself with that now---there is no way of knowing.
I wish I had a reason for you as to why this happened to you, but if no one has told you what is wrong with you, I would not have the hyst until I found out exactly what is going on. It may be that you don't need the hyst for whatever your problem is. And I certainly don't suggest having a hyst just in case it might work. So if I were you, I would keep looking for a doc that can tell you what is going on and make a plan from there.
About Samm's abbreviations---TAH=total abdominal hyst
BSO= bilateral salpingo-oopherectomy (both ovaries, tubes removed)
Let me know if I can be of any help.
Unread 03-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Re: Re: Re: Severe pelvic pain

Thanks for your responce...I know I have to do the Hyst or lose the kidney. The piece of ovary left has cysts so big there sitting on the uritor keeping the kidney from flowing and it's in really bad shape right now. So I can either get a stint or full removal and every opinion I've gotten was to not mess with the kidney and guaranteed it would be fine as long as the ovary was removed. My GYN has had me under constant watch for the past three months and even between cycles the cysts are getting bigger. My concern is really not "Why Me" in particular it's more..."Where is this coming from" and I'm tired of hearing it's a natural part of life! I feel something triggered these cysts to grow at such a rapid rate and not "go with the flow" (get smaller) like they "used to".

I guess the thing I'm really scared of is that if they do the procedure will the cysts come back and what will they consume next!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register