AM I losing it? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

AM I losing it? AM I losing it?

Unread 03-06-2005, 11:51 AM
AM I losing it?

I need suggestions as to if I should call a therapist. I have had nasty behavior very snippy and quick to answer. NO patience whatsoever. Then I cry over everything. Hysterically. My night sweats are getting better. still get up to pee but I have been drinking so much more water. I am trying to eat healthier. and have remained nicotine free for 3 weeks now. That was the hardest part I think. I miss that when I stress out. I cant even concentrate to meditate. that used to work very well for me. Cant get to that relaxed state. Yet I will keep trying. ANy advise Sisters??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2005, 11:59 AM
AM I losing it?

Dear DP,

I am sorry you are feeling this way, Some of what you described sounds like me when I ran out of my premerin, (.625) and decided the .45 dose I had was good enough until my new RX arrived. i id not have hot flash problem, butr I did evolve into another person.
Are you taking HRT??? If not you really should discuss your emoitional state with your doctor.
I hope you can get some relief. I now understand how horrid these feelings can be.

I also quite the day of my surgery. it is hard but stick with it its worth it. There is a thread on here with a lot of us that quite since our surgery, it is a great support.
Unread 03-06-2005, 01:06 PM
AM I losing it?

I just began Climara 4.4estrogen 1.4 Lovengestral? (I think I got it close to right spelling). I started this patch on wed. Night sweats have been diminishing, hot flashes I had beofr surgey didnt notice any after. the mood thing has me worried. I went crazy on BCP I have a sinking feeling this HRT is not going to work very well. I am hopefull that because it is so new it hasnt leveled out yet. Also, I have had immense stress in the household these two weeks, that this is just a bump in the road. I was so frightened of the helplessness i felt yesterday. Today is a little better. I am tired as all getout and sore as a son of a gun. All by myself right now ,the house is peaceful, wish I could take a bath or hut tub.... Listening to the sounds of nature CD, the rainforest, propped up in bed on the laptop, trying to find me................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2005, 01:19 PM
AM I losing it?

You're not losing it - you're quitting smoking and recovering from major surgery. I'm emotional and am not having to deal with quitting smoking. I cry alot - and I'm not one to cry at all - and have been snippy with people. Hang in there - everyone says it gets better!
Unread 03-06-2005, 01:40 PM
AM I losing it?

Hello

I boo at the slightest thing! I can cry during adverts!!!!

I sweat too! Night sweats are the worse. I used to be woke up because the sweat would run off me - gross huh?

But I am 9 weeks now and it is getting better.

I couldn't sleep either and take nytol tablets - they are great and helped and I am feeling better.

Hugs and MWAHS to all!!
Unread 03-06-2005, 02:30 PM
AM I losing it?

Yup - all I can say is ditto ditto ditto. The crying is not so bad now - 10 weeks out - but that only decreased about 4 weeks ago from 4-5 days a week to maybe 3 per week. At first it was all day, everyday for the first 3 weeks. I don't know how my DH took it - I snapped at nothing, was not sleeping well, increased water and fiber not to get stopped up and to clean out my system - then it hurt to pee.

You are not alone. I am not on any hormone replacement anything. . . yet. I am on a mood stabilizer though - was prior to surgery and I did not take it the first 2.5 weeks out . . . hmmm might have had something to do with my first 3 weeks crying none stop and mood swings. . .??? Ya think?

I try to findlaughter, and get back to laughing at myself, that helps a lot. Soft music, and believe me, when there is too much noise in the house (ie, the constant banter of sports on t.v drives me nutz!) I say that he can turn the t.v down, get a head set, or get used to my cranky self!

Madelle
Unread 03-06-2005, 04:04 PM
AM I losing it?

Hang in there,
There's just so much your body is trying to cope with at the moment, its incredible just getting the anaesthetic out of your system let alone the major hormonal adjustments, and all without the normal nicotine fix as well. Just hang in there, you're doing great. I meditate too, and I know I find it frustrating when I'm unable to 'tune in' like I normally do. If there's one thing for sure though, it's don't judge the med by the med itself. Just persist with it, and you'll get the benefit in your outer life even if you don't feel 'still' on the inner!

Thinking of you!
Claire
PS: Make the most of your princess status, princesses are allowed to be teary, it comes with all the added responsiblity of being in charge of the kingdom!
Unread 03-06-2005, 09:22 PM
reply to am i losing it

hey there ,
i too thought i was gonna just sorta " bounce back " .
never did i realize how outta wack i would feel . i had a tvh , so i figured , pretty smple right ? well i cry and i fuss and im so not sleeping and i STILL smoke ! i admire your strength and determination ! give yoursself a pat on the back and best wishes
Unread 03-08-2005, 06:09 PM
AM I losing it?

Hi DPF,

Just thought I would check on how you are doing? I hope that the HRT is working, If not talk to your DR. about another dose. i did not think I would need anything, Every one talks about the hot flashes and night sweats, I could handle those. I agree with you the feeling of being out of control with emotions is an awful feeling.!! I did NOT have to take a mood stableizer, The premerin at .625 stablized me. I am using nicorte for the smoking. I am over the hump now and using it less and less. I will tell you after I started getting better and resuming some things It was tough, BUT YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I find after dinner I want to go to my garage and have one.. But I fight it through. Unfortunatly sometimes by munching on popcorn or nuts.

Hang in there you can do it!!!
Unread 03-09-2005, 07:18 AM
AM I losing it?

I have been craving ciagerettes the most after a garlicy or Italian dinner. Havent had sex yet so we will see how that goes. LOL. I have not used any nicotine replacement went cold turkey. I am starting my 2nd week of the climara pro patch today we will see if I get crazy this week.Last week had quite a few outbursts I am downright nasty>!!!! I hear so many girls using more than one patch. I am going to see how I level out with this first. then take it from there....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register