Please Help with Tofu | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please Help with Tofu Please Help with Tofu

Unread 03-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Please Help with Tofu

Hello,

I had TAH/BSO on Feb 8. No HRT for severe endo, I have researched and I am totally changing my diet. I decided to add a little soy.

I have reserach the threads trying to find out how to cook Tofu. lol
I bought some and do not know how to fix it. Does anyone have a very simple receipe? What in the world do I do with it?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Please Help with Tofu

A couple easy ideas -

By soft tofu and use in place of ricotta cheese in your favorite lasagna recipe

By FIRM tofu and use in a stir fry recipe in place of all o r 1/2 t he beef.

Many women life the vanilla soy milk used as a topping for their morning cereal. You may have to sample a few kinds until you find one you like. I don't mind the vanilla with oatmeal or unsweetened bran cereal

Since soy can cause a bit of gas at the begining, go slow until your body adjusts.
Unread 03-07-2005, 05:47 AM
Please Help with Tofu

hi there, we as a family have been eating tofu for 22 years, the firm tofu we like cut into strips and fried in a little sunflower oil until lightly brown and crispy, then add soy sauce or tamari ( basically the same thing) .Tastes just like bacon!! You can eat it as you would streaky bacon or put the strips into a salad, put in sandwiches etc.You can buy smooth tofu or silken tofu and add to soups or deserts instead of cream, hope this helps, oh, another favourite is to cut the hard tofu into squares and marinade for a couple of hours in your favourite marinade then fry with garlic , honey and ginger.
let me know if you feel better, I'm due for TAH/BSO in two weeks and cant take HRT cos of endo as well, Janxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2005, 08:15 AM
Please Help with Tofu

Thanks Janxx, Thank so much for you taking the time to help. I got the firm kind so I will try to fry some. I wish you all the best with your TAH/BSO. If you have any question about anything, I will try to help. I am learning as I go.

I had endo for a very long time. It was missed by many doctors. My doctor now before the surgery, found two bilaterial overian masses, septated cysts and alot of abnormal junks.It all happened very fast. Even had a hign CA125. So, he never said endo until he operated.

He said that all my organs were fused together in my back. He said I was a mess. I am glad I have the surgery and I am totally changing my eating habits. No CA, which I am very thankful for.

I was prepared for whatever and I knew that what ever I go through God is there for me.

Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.

Cynthia
Unread 03-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Please Help with Tofu

Hi Cinthia!
I love tofu (extra firm) cubed up and added to stirfry veggies. You can eat as is, put on brown rice, even put in a wrap! I feed it to my construction workers and they laughed, but they love it!

Caramelized vegetable and tofu stir-fry 30 min prep. serv. 4

10 oz Firm organic tofu sliced

For the sauce- 2 Tbsp low sodium tamari sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
pinch red chili flakes
2 tsp sesami tahini

For the stirfry- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp fresh garlic
1 Tbsp fresh ginger
1 c sliced or diced onion
1 red pepper larce dice
2 c broccoli florets
1.5 slice mushroom

Fry tofu in oil till golden, remove from pan and cube
in small sauce pan combine sauce ing. simmer till syrupy Note; make extra sauce!
In pan you cooked tofu start adding rest of ingredients-stirfry till tender but crisp. add sauce. your done!

Put on buckwheat soba noodles, or rice etc.

BON APPETITE!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register